“Tourist trap with decent food and good service”

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Ranked #18 of 398 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fleming Island, Florida
“Tourist trap with decent food and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

We went to the BGSC with a group of 12. We were seated immediately and had faster than expected service given that there were 12 of us. It is on the beach so expect high prices at a place designed to capture tourists. The food was good though the portions were a bit small. Overall, a good lunch place but rather pricey.

• Visited April 2014

North Florida
“Fun Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Good food in a fun lively atmosphere. The seafood was served hot and with generous portions. The wait staff was very attentive and quick to respond.

Spring Hill, Florida
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

I've been to Bubba Gump's at Navy Pier in Chicago, so it wasn't my first experience with this restaurant. We received such a fantastic experience here, for my family. The food was very, very good. The service was excellent, our server even played a trivia game with us about the movie, Forrest Gump. My family and I left that night feeling that we definitely received our money's worth.

Pennfield Ridge, Canada
“WOWEE....Bravo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

After waiting 20 minutes at the Winghouse and not being served.. my wife and I left the the place. (Jab intended). We decides to go back to Bubba Gumps in Daytona Beach. We were promptly seated and greeted by our severs Kayleigh and Romeo. Ordered our food but were not sure of what drink we wantes. Romeo steered us in the right direction,
A mint vodka mojito for my wife and razzle dazzle for me. I had garlic peel and eat shrimp and my wife had cajun shrimp and garlic bread. Kayleigh was very friendly and professional as she made suggestions from the menu for us (as did Romeo with the drinks)....the whole atmosphere was very lively and fun.. and the food was fresh and was excellent.

Two years ago.. this was not so.. just the reverse... boring staff and food quality was meager at best. THIS IS A VERY WELCOMED CHANGE...Bravo...Wowsers....well done gang!!!

Robert Raymond Gaudet, B.Sc, MCP.
Pennfield New Brunswick
Canada...... waaay up the coast from you.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank RobertRGaudet
Chantilly, Virginia
“Great Food, Fun Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Having been to several Bubba Gumps, the staff at this one stands out for their attentiveness to the customers. We were a party of 6 and had no less than 3 servers helping us. Everyone ordered a different entree and all were good. The shrimp were large and properly cooked and the fish entrees were flaky and moist. I would suggest that the restaurant consider adding a bread to the meal as most better seafood restaurants do. Currently, a basket of garlic bread is all they offer and must be ordered separately. The drink menu is filled with "tropical" concoctions, but this is the beach, so that is the standard. One novelty here is a look-alike Forrest Gump stopped by our table to chat. He really looks, talks and acts like Forrest and was well-versed on movie trivia. Would suggest you arrive very early for dinner (4-4:30), because the waiting time is very lengthy later on.

2 Thank S L