“Pleasantly Surprised by Big Portions of Good Food!”

Italian Pizza Grill
Ranked #242 of 388 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed at a hotel by the Speedway and found an Italian Pizza Grill flyer under our door on the second day. Hungry for pizza, we thought we'd give it a try -- especially when we saw the notice, "Buy One 2 or More Topping Pizza, Get 2nd of Equal or Lesser Value FREE" [sic]. Even if the pizza were just average, getting two for the price of one is pretty awesome.

I called the first of five numbers (!) shown on the flyer, and a guy answered, very terse and quick. He's like the "No Soup for You" guy on Seinfeld. I ordered two large pizzas with three toppings, and he quoted me a price about 50% higher than on the flyer. When I questioned this, he was very frank and very short about saying there is a delivery charge of $4.00 plus tax. He said "Do you want this?" like the "No Soup for You" guy.

So I wasn't really getting one free pizza. Who buys a $22 pizza from a no-name place next to the beach? But I really was getting two large pizzas for about $11 each, including delivery, which actually is pretty good. Italian Pizza Grill would do a lot better to just advertise it this way. It's more honest, and more attractive.

After the pricing thing and the "No Soup for You" approach on the phone, I had qualms. Was I even going to get a pizza? What was he REALLY doing with my credit card number? That kind of thing. I almost called back and cancelled, but I'm so glad I didn't!

The quoted time of 45 minutes was missed, as delivery took a little over an hour. (It was Bike Week, after all.) Both pizzas were warm and wonderful. This isn't gourmet pizza, obviously, but the ingredients are fresh, and the flavor is quite a bit better than I expected.

In addition to tasting great, the large pizzas were actually large. My wife and I ended up making three meals out of them during Bike Week. That's a great value!

I will definitely order pizza from Italian Pizza Grill again.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We ordered pick up at this place twice during our stay in Daytona, it was close to the hotel we stayed at. The first time we got a pasta meal and split it, so much of a portion, super good! The next time we order a pizza and was shocked to see how fresh it was and how loaded with vegetables it was, heavy, huge, yummy. We had two very good meals and will return next year.

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ordered a large pizza for delivery within 45 minutes. I called an hour and 10 minutes later and was told it was on it's way. 10 minutes later the pizza was delivered COLD. I was not impressed with the service or the taste of the pizza.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Make it a mission to try this Pizza place. Food was excellent and employees are just the best. Lots of arcade games for anyone who wants to enjoy them selves.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My family and I stopped by here as we took a walk from our hotel. We were hungry and figured we would stop in. We should have kept walking! The place was empty but there were still many tables dirty from previous customers. The wait staff was hanging around then finally started cleaning up. We placed our order at the counter and found a clean table. It took a long time to get our food which was "ok" at best. For a place that didn't have any customers you would think our meal would have come quicker. Many times as we waited the staff would be going outside for a cigarette. At one point a couple of workers were arguing about making deliveries quicker. Just over a terrible experience! Don't go!!

1  Thank TravelingThomas4