“Not sure how good or how famous this place is. One of the worst”

Steve's Famous Diner
Ranked #24 of 412 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner 7 days a week Try our Homemade Bread and Soups made fresh daily. We have been serving the people of Daytona Beach for 30 years.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

After leaving a place that we had gotten no service and had to leave we were ready to eat. So we drove up A1A and saw a place that seemed like it was busy and when I see a place that looks busy than it must be good. So as soon as we walk in the girl says" you can come in and get bread, water, soup, drinks, or desserts". she said "to order anything else there is gonna be a 30 min wait" I try to be a reasonable person since there were storms in the area I thought maybe they lost power so I asked what happened she said "we just got slammed" being in the restaurant industry I looked around and did see about 10 tables but most of them were done eating already. I really could not understand what she was talking about. I thought I was getting punked since before we came here we had a crazy episode. So we said " lets sit and get something to drink" and I was sure everything would be OK soon. Some one came by and dropped off a basket of rolls and said "she would be right back". Sooooo no one came back I said we are going to leave and a server said "please dont leave I will get you some water and be right back" she basically begged us not to leave I thought "OK" we were very thirsty so 10 more minutes go by again and then that was it we got up and left. Not really sure about what is going on in restaurants at Daytona Beaches but they need big time help by someone who knows what they are doing.

2  Thank Lolalaaa

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I've seen good reviews for breakfast and perhaps that was when we should've visited. I came based on reviews (had never been, but passed by many times over the years of visiting DTB). Bad decision. I was there with my 2 grown kids and all 3 of us took "to go" boxes b/c the food was so bad. Not sure what made us think it would get better back at the hotel.

My son got the seafood platter, I got fried shrimp, and my non-seafood eating daughter got the steak and cheese sub. I've had better fried shrimp from a box of frozen seafood at the grocery. Dried out, chewy and not much taste. Son had calamari in his platter that was so chewy and rubbery you couldn't even chew it. Two kinds of fish on his platter - one absolutely looked like the fried fish you get from Gorton's frozen fish in the store. The other was flounder, but it was so overcooked that it had no taste. They told my daughter that bacon came on her club and when she told the waitress it wasn't on there, she took it back to the kitchen then brought it back and said "I was told that I was mistaken. It doesn't come with bacon. Sorry". Wow - good customer service would tell you to just throw some bacon on there since she was told it was on there.

Anyway -- all 3 agreed it was a very bad decision to go there and we won't make that mistake again.

Ohhhh - and you only get ONE free refill with your soda. REALLY???

1  Thank Lee Ann C
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Visiting Florida and went to Daytona Beach. Stopped into this place, not sure what to expect. Our waitress was super friendly and even lent us tweezers! (Son had stepped on some weird thorns on the beach). Beautiful homemade bread was there while we browsed the menu. We all had fish and chips which were also served with amazing homemade soup. Great prices for a family of 5 it was under $45.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

While staying in Daytona we were looking to get a quick breakfast. We were about to go into one of the large chain restaurants but it had a wait out the door and I didn't feel like sticking around. We drove down Atlantic Ave and seen Steve's Famous Diner so we decided to stop. I was a bit leery at first because there were so few cars but I was glad I didn't let that stop me. We were seated right away and had GREAT service. The food was very good and priced reasonable. I will be stopping in again during my next visit.

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We came up from a morning beach walk to get breakfast and were treated like special guests. The waitress was efficient and personable and the breakfast food was fantastic.