“we had a great time”

Ranked #44 of 98 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Nashville, Tennessee
“we had a great time”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

we got there on july 24th and left the 28th the hotel was great and the staff was friendly and tookcare of our needs......it was quiet and beauitful..........great place to stay with your family....

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Very nice, friendly staff. Internet only worked in the tiny Lobby. Bathroom not very clean, ran out of toilet paper as there was only one roll in the room. breakfast consist of Walmart brand granola bars and generic pop tarts. Hugh hairballs in the pool. Key card didn't work at first, we had to go back and get a new one. Garbage can located near the elevator was over flowing the entire time we were there. Mattress Pad was torn in several places. Mattress slid 1/2 off the bed. Great green system where the air conditioner only comes on when someone is in the room, shuts off when doors open. Again, the staff made the visit bearable. Would not go back there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
EshGm, General Manager at Emerald Shores Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Letters and reviews are what we need to help us in our goal of providing a positive guest experience. I would like to apologize for the experiences you encountered during your stay with us here at the Emerald Shores. I wish I could done more during your stay and discussed your concerns. I will review your comments with the staff to improve the guest experience and future stays.

Best Regards,

Richmond, Kentucky
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel 2 times about 4 years apart. It is a great place! Staff is friendly and the room was very clean. We had no complaints at all. Our a/c wasn't blowing cold the first day and someone was there to change it no longer than 10 minutes after we reported it. The pool area was also very clean. It may not be the biggest hotel in Daytona but I'm sure it's one of the cleanest.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
chester
Reviewed July 18, 2010

we loved the place, great pool , great location, when we booked we had a street view room, but when we checked in the manager Bradley gave us a oceanfront room upgrade at no charge. very nice people there, will be coming back soon!!!!!!!:)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
EshGm, General Manager at Emerald Shores Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2010
So glad you had a great time. Come back soon!

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 17, 2010

If you like a hard bed, with multi colored sheets, a tube tv and a dirty bathroom, than this is the hotel for you!

I was not happy with anything at this hotel except the very nice staff. The room was spacious but it felt dirty and early 90's. The wifi worked poorly at best. The location on the beachfront was a plus, however, not enough of a plus to make up for what the hotel lacks in style and decor. The immediate area surrounding the hotel seemed desolate and I found myself going quite a distance north of this hotel to find a scene that was more my style.

If you are truly looking for a room on the beach and decor and cleanliness is not a concern for you then this Hotel would suite you quite well. If you are used to staying in some better places, I would suggest you pass this one up.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking to time to write a review. Our location is on a quieter part of the beach and I wish I could have done more to improve your stay. I have the Welcome Letter below posted in every room and at the desk for guests to bring concerns to me during their stay so my staff and I can quickly resolve them to ensure guest satisfaction:

"I am delighted to have you as my guest and would like to wish you a very warm welcome to the Emerald Shores. I trust you will find your stay with us both pleasant and comfortable.

It is our aim to make your stay comfortable and our friendly staff is eager to help you should you need any assistance or advice. We want you to feel like you are at home.

The Daytona Beach area has so much to offer visitors. I am sure you will find many interesting places to visit and activities to enjoy close by. Please feel free to ask the staff for any assistance you might need.

We are continually striving to improve our services as we believe that “Quality Wins.”

If there is anything that I can do to make your stay more comfortable please let me know. I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future!"

I will address any issues you might have had and again thank you again for your suggestions on how to improve the decor of the property.

Best Regards,

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2010

As a solo traveler, I stayed at Emerald Shores for 3 nights. I was unfamiliar with the area and randomly picked this hotel as I was driving the strip. This is the newest hotel and the ocean is literally steps from the room. The ocean was very uncrowded and gorgeous. The rooms (oceanside) were large, clean, complete with kitchen, and affordable. However, what made my stay so pleasant was the staff. From the manager to the people at the front desk - they could NOT have been more pleasant and willing to do whatever it took to accommodate my needs. Next time I visit Daytona, Emerald Shores most definitely be my destination.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Adel, Georgia
Reviewed July 13, 2010

My family and I went July, 2010. We were impressed. The rooms were clean and spacious. We had a great view of the ocean. If we needed additional towels, it was not a problem. The entire facility was very clean. The hotel does not have a bar or restaurant, but does offer a meager continental breakfast consisting of coffee, orange juice, honey buns and cereal bars. It would have been nice to have cereal and milk for the kids.

On our last night, there was a power outage for about three hours. Many guests went down to the pool area while we stayed on the balcony and watched the ocean. Bradley, the hotel manager, walked on all nine floors to make sure everyone was okay and left glow sticks in the hallways so guests could see. Overall, we had a terrific experience and cannot wait to go back again.