“BEST HOTEL EXPERIENCE!!!”

Ranked #44 of 98 Hotels in Daytona Beach
MI
“BEST HOTEL EXPERIENCE!!!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I stayed for the first time at Emerald Shores last month! I can honestly say I usually stay at the flagged hotels but this by far was the best experience. The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful, the hotel owner even came to the front during check out to make sure our stay was enjoyable. Rooms were very clean and great sized! I travel weekly for business and am so thrilled to be able to come to Daytona again to stay at this hotel with fabulous views!

Room Tip: Make sure to book a high floor with ocean view, the views are exquisite.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jamie F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Reviewed August 17, 2014

The front desk agent was very nice and took care of us. The room and lobby was surprisingly very clean compared to other hotels I've stayed at. Perfect location. I really like the fact that I can walk out on my balcony on the first floor and take a few steps and be on the beach. they are also making some improvements to the pool areA. I had a great time and can't wait to come back

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank davjackson
Rockyface
Reviewed August 16, 2014

This hotel is in a great location! Great Price! We had a nice corner ocean view room with a large balcony and huge windows on each wall of the room.,Full size Fridge ,Stove, Microwave and good sized new Flat Screen Tv, beds were comfy enough but not pillow top or anything special.The room was good sized and bathrooms were absolutely huge!!! Very large counter space and plenty of changing room! You could have fit a bed in there! Very ample sized room for 4 people! Overall the place was in good shape and clean! The pool area was very well maintained and they have beautiful new fire pits! The tiki bar was not open for alcohol when we were there it had just been re- built and only had music and lounging which was fine for us. Overall we had a great stay the front desk staff employees are very professional. No complaints aside from the cleaning staff. It was hard to understand one lady and she was rude and then I forgot my galaxy at check out on the night stand and when I called back to see if they would mail it the cleaning staff had not turned it in and I never received a call back :( My fault for leaving it BUT would be nice if someone honest had found it. Especially since I called twice to check back! I would stay here again because the price is great and the rooms and pool, entire hotel was in good shape. Walls were pretty sound proof too! We didn't here a noise the entire time!

Room Tip: Corner Ocean Front rooms are the best! HUGE windows on both walls with great ocean views! Balcony is...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Angie W
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I have been coming to Emerald Shores for many years now and I always have an amazing time. The location is perfect, close to everything but still have peace and quiet. The new management is really bringing this hotel to its full potential with the new fire pits, New carpet and new bedding. Not to mention the new tiki bar that I am anxious to visit once it is done. The staff from management, front desk and maintenance is excellent! I stayed in the newly renovated rooms and...Just wow! I usually come to the hotel for a stay-cation because it truly is a gem. I look forward to my next visit. Keep it up, you are doing great Emerald Shores!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at Emerald Shores several times and it was fine. We visited again in April for our 25th anniversary (very special event). On our last day, the lobby was wet from pool guests and my sister fell and injured her wrist...the hotel owner won't return her call - she's fine but that's very poor management. Additionally, on our last day, the manager failed to tell the housekeeper we had a 12 pm check out time-- so she thought we had checked out and "helped herself" to our personal belongings--we had to ask for them back--which she kindly retrieved from a locked linen closet. It was not a good experience and I can no longer recommend Emerald Shores.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stayed a Friday night and Saturday night and had a great time. The room was clean with a great balcony view and the staff was super friendly and helpful. A great spot on the beach, I felt safe staying here with my 2 kids by myself. Will come back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Natalie T
Phoenix, AZ USA
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I can't believe all of the positive reviews that his place has generated. I usually stay in older, cheaper places to save a few bucks, so I know that "you get what you pay for" - but this has been one of the worst experiences we've had.

1. Saw the in-room coffee pot, but no coffee. Went to the front desk to get some coffee and was told "We don't have coffee. I don't know why they have those coffee pots in the rooms." I was, however given filters that I could use.
2. Went out to breakfast & dinner every day - walking right past the front desk. Was only greeted twice (on the same day by the same person.) All other front desk clerks just continued to read their books - not bothering to interface with their guests.
3. Carpeting hasn't been replaced since the place opened. Major spots in both the hallways and the rooms.
4. Availability of towels for pool use was spotty. Sometimes we have them, sometimes we don't. Speaking of towels - uses the public restroom off of the pool and (no surprise here) there were no paper towels to dry my hands (dispenser was out.)
5. Housekeeping is atrocious! Bed was always made, but room seldom vacuumed. One time a large, black plastic bag was left on the dresser.
6. We were given a bath mat with huge red stains in it (don't know if they were blood.) A housekeeper picked it up from some other room, it went through the laundry then another housekeeper put it in our room - with the red stain facing up!! Absolutely no quality control.
7. Just went to print boarding passes for our flight out. Printer doesn't work and there is no word when it will be repaired.
8. The "Continental Breakfast" is a joke!! It features Pop-Tarts (but no toaster to heat them) and very, VERY cheap store bought mini donuts and cookies. Garbage, really. Oh, by the way, don't wait to get you orange juice because once it's gone, it will not be re-filled.
9. Someone turned our refrigerator off in the middle of our stay. Therefore, the ice-packs were not frozen and the soft-drinks were middling warm when we went out on the beach. This was the after we brought the minimal housekeeping to the attention of the front desk.
10. Several reviewers mentioned the great view - which is true. But the view is just as good from any of the hotels that care about customer service that line the beach here for about twenty miles. Pick one of those to stay at.

I appreciate the there are "new owners" who are "upgrading" the facility. However, I would suggest that these new owners learn how to concentrate on the guest's experience BEFORE they add new buzzers and whistles that they probably also will not be able to control.I say again - NO QUALITY CONTROL.

Room Tip: The balcony on the beach side is very nice - but the furniture is minimal. however, pool hours are n...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple