“Going back this summer!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Emerald Shores Hotel

Emerald Shores Hotel
Ranked #46 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Evansville, Indiana
“Going back this summer!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

I have stayed here twice with my entire family and we're all going back this summer. Emerald Shores is a great family hotel. The décor is simple, but very clean. My kids love the pool and the easy access to the beach. Free continental breakfast is available-cereal bars, coffee, snack cakes, small danishes, etc. I would suggest adding to the continental breakfast - waffles, fresh baked donuts, etc.

The hotel staff was always very friendly.

Room Tip: Definitely select an ocean front room on an upper level, the view from the balcony is awesome!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
ocoee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Once again, my family and I had a great weekend staying at Emerald Shores Hotel. Ahmad, the improvements at the hotel are coming along beautifully!! Thank you so much to you and your staff for making us feel at home!! It's the little things you do that keep us coming back for more!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank lkevans7
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

My wife and daughter stayed a weekend and we were very pleased with the experience. We met the owner Jai who kindly upgraded us to a Oceanfront for only $20. My wife and daughter really loved the pool and hot tub overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I recently stayed at the above hotel which I had heard good things about. But beware! My husband and I decided to spend one night to see if this would be a hotel we would like to stay at since we visit Daytona quite a lot. I requested a quiet room, ocean front with a balcony since we are both 60+ in age.
We arrived at the hotel around noon. The front desk clerk, "Ahmad" asked my name and I told him. HE WAS SO RUDE!!! He immediately said "Oh, you called and added another room for your stay." I was dumbfounded since I had never spoken to the hotel. I explained this and said I did all my reservation on the internet on the hotel's website. He insisted I had called and proceeded to tell me he had already charged my credit card for 2 rooms. I told him again NO I had not called and that he needed to credit my credit card. He argued with me but eventually agreed to credit me for the one room. I asked him at what time could we get an early check-in and he immediately said that will be a $49.00 + fee. I declined the early check-in and asked what time could I check in and he said 3:00 pm. I have never been asked to pay a fee for early check-in.

We went site-seeing until time to check in. When we went back to the hotel to check-in we were given a key to a room on the 1st floor. When we went to see the room, the sliding doors opened right in front of the hot tub where several people were partying. I would not have even felt safe in this room. We went back to the front desk and said the room was unacceptable. They immediately said there were no more ocean front rooms available. I had paid for an ocean front room. The hotel already had my money so we stayed rather than go elsewhere and pay again. We said we would then like to see another room that was not ocean front. They said they had one room on the 6th floor. We took the room since we were exhausted by this time and they had already ruined our day.
The room was disgusting to say the least. It was dirty, especially the bathroom under the vanity. The room had a weird odor too. The carpet seemed very dirty. The room had 1 queen size bed and a fridge. It faced the parking lot. In their ads it says the rooms have a microwave and clock radio which was not in this room. You had to go all the way down to the lobby just to get some ice and bottled water from the vending machines. THIS WAS THE WORST STAY I HAVE EVER HAD ANYWHERE IN ALL MY TRAVELS. I DO GO TO EUROPE AND HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED AS THIS HOTEL TREATED US.
When we checked out, I asked is there a price difference in the room since I had paid for the ocean front. The answer from Ahmad was NO you chose that room. I had to ask for my recent since he did not offer it to me. I will never recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!

Room Tip: I will use brand name hotels from this time forward. I don't like getting burned!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SANDY M
Jai M, Front Office Manager at Emerald Shores Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We do apologize greatly that you did not have an excellent stay with us, guest satisfaction is one of our utmost priorities. We are the newest hotel in Daytona Beach and are trying to gain an excellent rapport with our guest to ensure they become returning guests. We are making changes to the hotel both inside and out to ensure everyone has an excellent experience with us and we become apart of your great experience in Daytona Beach. Along with the cosmetic changes with the hotel there has been managerial changes as well. We would love to have you back and give us another chance with our hotel upgrades.
Morgantown PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Nice staff, good location & parking, slightly worn hallways, elevators and budget rooms, questionable housekeeping with things behind the bathroom door, under the bed skirts and end table, minimal continental breakfast. We had booked here for 5 nights to save a few dollars, We come to Daytona once per year and had previously stayed at other more modern properties. When entering the room, there was an odor, dog I think, that was not acceptable. We asked the front desk to deal with it and they readily complied, but when we returned it was still noticeable. We tried Febreze each day without success and after three nights decided to move to a another property for a few dollars more. It was well worth the difference.

Room Tip: Definitely pay the extra to stay oceanfront.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank David N
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

My husband and I and our 5 yr old daughter stayed here for a week. It was a nice hotel a little dated but it was worth every penny to be right on the beach. The room was clean balcony was fine view was amazing. It is a little dated. Could use new shower head that was my only complaint as it dribbled some and I'm short so I found myself on my tippy toes at times trying to get alot of water but I was clean so that's all that mattered. I would definitely stay here again. Staff was friendly and nice and got me anything I asked for. We didn't use the maid service so I can't rate that but she checked on us every day to see if we needed service great place but if you want fancy upscale this is not for you.

• Stayed March 2014
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

First of, upon checking they violated the ADA by asking my husband for his service dog credentials and then asking to make copies of his certificate and drivers license! Then, our room had no hot water! When I complained to the front desk, the manager of all people was very rude and condescending! Not helpful at all!!! Other than this hotel being right on the beach, it was not worth the stay. We left when the manager said that he wouldn't credit me for the next nights stay. Why would I want to stay another night just to wake up to another cold shower??? No thanks!

• Stayed March 2014