We stayed at the Emerald Shores on 11/11/11 after the manager Bradley Reising was kind enough to provide us with a free stay in the “Presidential Suite” after a disastrous stay in 04/2011. This suite was better, but the hotel remains outdated and the furniture, knick knacks, and fake plants are right out of the 1980’s. It appears that overall the cleaning and maintenance staff lack attention to detail as again there was missing paint in some areas, broken knick knacks, and dusty fake plants. I would recommend to management to impress upon his staff that it is important when they see things that are broken, or in need of service to inform you to get them resolved. I initially thought that this was a huge problem because I travel so frequently to many areas, but after spending the day in Daytona and seeing other available options in the Daytona Shores area, I can say without a doubt that this hotel is probably your best bet if you do not want to break the bank. It’s a middle of the road beach hotel – it provides air conditioning, the beach, and a small kitchen which is good if you are traveling with a family. Overall the place is cleaner than I remembered and the staff is friendly enough. After now staying in the suite I would definitely recommend the place for the value of your money, but suggest paying the extra for a beach side room. I would also suggest either getting rid of the offered “continental breakfast” or upgrading the items – as it simply seems like a bunch of Walmartish/generic pecan rolls and granola bars. Again, if you are staying in Daytona Shores…and don’t want to break the bank…this is the place to go.
Thanks again to Bradley for offering us a second chance to stay at the hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Emerald Shores is Daytona’s newest oceanfront hotel. The resort features 84 guest rooms including efficiencies, connecting rooms and a Penthouse suite. Start your sunny beach day with our complimentary Continental Breakfast served every morning from 7am to 9am. Bask in the sun, or step off our pool deck to sink your toes into our white sandy beach. The pool is heated seasonally. Free WiFi is available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Emerald Shores Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emerald Shores Daytona Beach
- Hotel Emerald Shores
- Emerald Shores Hotel Daytona Beach