“You'll be sorry you missed this gem”

Anna's Trattoria Italian Cuisine
Ranked #44 of 376 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You'll be sorry you missed this gem”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went to this restaurant on a tip from a regular out of state customer. The outside of the place looks deceiving, blink and you've missed it ! Which we did the 1st night, but later found out that they aren't open on Mondays anyway. (We tried again on Friday) Go inside and have one of the most delicious meals, I kid you not ! I had a veal dish called Vitello Alla Piccata, bursting with flavor, made with white wine, butter, lemon sauce with mushrooms. Absolutely delightful. My husband had the veal dish called Vitello Al Marsala which was surprisingly good if not even better than mine. His dinner was veal slices sauteed with marsalla wine and mushrooms. The sauce was almost carmelized and was excellent. These meals were served with fresh warm bread and butter along with Angel Hair Pasta with Olive Oil and Garlic. Generous portions, and we savored every bite of it. We just walked in and hadn't made reservations but they were gracious and welcomed us into this tiny restaurant. Ambiance was subtle and music played softly in the background. The restaurant was full and the customers were dressed both casual and dress clothes. Our waiter was delightful and very attentive to our dinner enjoyment. We do not live in Daytona, but trust me if we ever get back there, I will have as many meals there as possible. Do yourselves a favor people, do not miss out on this gem!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Joy T

Daytona Beach, Florida
“I dream of their shrimp diablo.”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I get excited when my husband and I go to Anna'a. The food is amazing. Hot, FRESH and beautifully seasoned. Chef Ramsey would surely shed a tear. At first appearance, the restaurant is small and could stand redecorating but, when you are warmly greeted and seated, the mood sets. I come here with my husband when we're looking for a combination of good wine, exquisite food and romance. The carbonara and meat tortellini remind my husband of Italy where he grew up. The tiramisu is the best we've ever had. We generally don't get dessert at most restaurants but here it's like a finale. We have been to some very nice very expensive restaurants. Anna's is a favorite without being too pricey.

Boonton, New Jersey
“Not quite a 4 star”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Daytona Beach has pretty slim pickings for upscale restaurants. If you are looking for a bar with bar food Daytona Beach is the place to come. Anna's is an exception. They even have table clothes on the tables. The food was pretty good and the wait staff was competent. With that said from my total experience the food was average compared to other Italian restaurants I've eaten in elsewhere. The decor at Anna's is pretty ordinary. Compared to other restaurants in Daytona this is four star for elsewhere at best 3 star. Meh.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank 49Bill
Ocala, Florida
“Don't let the outside fool you”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The inside is surprisingly cozy. Nice Italian music playing in the background. I had gnocchi (good) and my husband had the osso bucco (excellent). Service was good. Many interesting choices on the menu, wanted to go back again, but were unable to do so. Some may find it a bit expensive.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank jsm317
DeBary, Florida
“On the fence”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

In the 12 years that i been with my wife i have never seen her returning a plate, today she order a lasagna and it tasted old and didnt have a good consistency, so she did. On the other hand, i had a matriciana pasta and it was pretty good.

• Visited October 2012