“Wonderful little restaurant”
Review of The Cellar

The Cellar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cellar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 382 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: US 1 (RIDGEWOOD AVE)
Description: The area’s most acclaimed Fine Dining Classical Italian cuisine with an extensive wine list set in an historic building. CIA Graduate chef and his wife are hosts.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is a very good little restaurant with excellent food and atmosphere.

Down stairs is where the action is. The only negative we found was in the lack of confidence in their ability to serve the food when you don't wish to order everything up front.

We enjoy ordering numerous dishes and then share, so we start with appetizers (several more than the number of persons at the table) and then move on to the rest of the meal. They are reluctant to do this even though the resulting tab is higher than if we ordered in a more traditional manner i.e. everything up front.

I realize that this is somewhat unusual, so this restaurant is perfect for the more traditional diner.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and two of her sisters have birthdays in the same month and I suggested we go to the Cellar to celebrate. Six of us arrived a few minuets early to find our table waiting. My wife an I have dined here before but the others had not. While it is a fairly tight environment, the newbies in our group found it quaint and very unique being in the downstairs in the "cellar". The Owner and hostess, Lina suggested a spanish red and it was outstanding. Only three of us drank wine and had two bottles is was so good! We all had different appetizers from pasta to smoked duck which were all wonderful. Our main courses followed and ranged from the homemade pasta to braised boneless beef ribs over risotto, which was to die for. The birthday girls each had a desert that we shared and were all decadent in their own way. The service was very good considering it was a Saturday night and the house wall full. No mistakes but a relatively slow pace. Three hours total, with lots of conversation.
This dinning experience was outstanding and got high marks by all. Everyone agreed they would return. It's no cheap, but it should not be. It takes a lot of work to put out that quality of food and keep the facilities up.

Five stars to the chef and his bride!

1  Thank Foodiesandwinos
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Decided to dine at the Cellar based upon a recommendation from a friend and was not disappointed. Cuisine and wine was top notch and service was very good. Would definitely recommend trying this fantastic establishment.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

While in Daytona Beach for a quick weekend away, my husband and I wanted a nice dinner out at a non-chain restaurant. After going online to check Trip Advisor for a restaurant with good reviews, (as we always do when we are out of town), we found The Cellar with excellent reviews. So we decided to try it. The ease of making reservations online straight from Trip Advisor using OpenTable.com was so easy! This small quaint restaurant that has maybe 20 tables, is located in a historic home that was once the vacation home of President Harding. It was a very cozy setting. Our food was outstanding and the service was equally so.

We selected the portabella mushroom w/ gorgonzola and balsamic glaze as a shared appetizer. For our main dish, I had the veal scallopini with porcini mushroom cream sauce and my husband had the snapper with shrimp in a lobster cream sauce. Both were so delicious and the veggies that accompanied them were so fresh.

Another detail that also impressed me was the hostess noticed that I had a dark colored dress and immediately switched out my white napkin for a black one when we sat down. I noticed during the course of the evening, the owner's wife made a point to visit not only our table but every table to ensure the meal met everyone's expectations.

The only negative in my opinion was the slightly outdated decor. I'm mainly referring to the commercial type printed carpet. You would expect hardwood floors as it would to add to the elegance a bit more, but honestly the flooring was easy to overlook because all the other positives outweighed that one detail.

The next time we are in town we will definitely patronize this restaurant again!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary with a couple of friends from Altanta on Saturday night. The Cellar was the perfect place for this celebration. The food was fabulous and our waiter Chris was very helpful with sugestions and first class service. I had the portabella with gorgonzola appitizer and the seafood ravioli. Both were excellent.

1  Thank Nanafran