“Perfect Meal”
Review of The Cellar

The Cellar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cellar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 412 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: US 1 (RIDGEWOOD AVE)
Description: The area’s most acclaimed Fine Dining Classical Italian cuisine with an extensive wine list set in an historic building. CIA Graduate chef and his wife are hosts.
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Excellent food and service. Great wine list. If you're a foodie...this is a definite place to visit. Both vegetarian and carnivore options selected were delightful. The duck and pheasant dish with carmelized shallots and apples was sheer perfection.

4  Thank Suzzanne_L

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Just finished a birthday dinner for my husband at The Cellar in Daytona Beach. Housed in the summer home of President Grover Cleveland, the restaurant is in the cellar. A small well appointed dining room. We went on the strength of Internet reviews and were thrilled with the experience. They have a northern Italian menu and an extensive wine list. In addition to the menu, on Tuesday-Thursday evenings they offer a tasting menu with or without wine pairings. If you want to do the pairing menu, the whole table must choose it. We decided to let them wow us and they did. Everything we ordered was excellent and the wine pairs were spot on with each course. I had the veal which is not always my favorite meat because it is often not done well. All I can say is the veal was the best I've ever had.

Service was attentive without being overbearing. The chef's wife runs the front and supervises the tasting menu guests service, explaining each pairing with just enough information about each. The selections were from Italy and Sicily as well as the best of California.

All I can say is if you ever have the opportunity for dinner in Dayton Beach, choose The Cellar. You will have a wonderful experience.

7  Thank Alysson F
Reviewed December 18, 2012

The Cellar is an upscale Italian restaurant in the former home of President Harding, who spent winters in Daytona. Everything here is memorable, in addition to the history retold on its walls, the food and service will make you want to invite all of your friends to check out this hidden treasure.

5  Thank Conch
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We were coming into Daytona late on a Sunday night. The Tripadvisor reviews were positive so we decided to try eating here, and we are glad we did. It was a bit awkward at first. We walked into the entrance and looked into an empty dining room and there was no one around - no patrons, staff, nothing. I heard voices and realized these were coming from downstairs (of course, it's called The Cellar for a reason). Hostess/owner came from downstairs and asked if she could help us. I asked her if there was room to seat two people for supper. She replied that they were closing early as it had not been very busy but she would check with the kitchen to see if they could still serve us. She was back a moment later and replied the kitchen had not yet shut down, and walked us downstairs to our table. The food and the service were both excellent and based on the quality I would definitely return. Price was, for me, comparable with other restaurants of a similar style and environment.

3  Thank Travelling_Roadshow
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Where has this place been hiding? I love it! Great food and decor. A nice place to take a date or friends anytime. We will return the next time we are in town. Not to be missed.

5  Thank imsadriver