“Fun little place”

Robbie O'Connell's Pub
Ranked #181 of 381 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I love the atmosphere here! It is dark enough to blend in, the bar staff was friendly and attentive, and the specials were great! $5 Double Jameson's and Long Islands, I was there all night! I wish I could bring this one home with me.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Once you get over the fact that you CAN smoke in this bar, you have a really great time! Our first night there one of the bartenders heard me coughing and offered up some Mucinex, which was very sweet. There are two floors, darts, and a shuffle board table. The bar is large and easy to get a drink. All of the bartenders and the regular patrons welcomed us in with open arms and we had a great time! Also Robbie O'Connell himself works the bar at night and has been to Ireland :) You may also run into Dude Mowrey (a country singer) or a patron in costume!

Reviewed November 3, 2009

If you're a Beer Lover, you probably like the Belgians. Robbie's is the only place in town with any sort of selection. The upstairs of this Irish pub is devoted to Belgians - they've got around 50 or so, so you'll find something you like. They serve no food, so smoking is allowed.

Reviewed May 26, 2009

My wife and I stopped the night before our flight out of Daytona and I was in beer nirvana. As a home brewer (not by choice but because distribution in Florida is so limited in craft, imports and high gravity beers) any time I can get a fresh Belgian draft, I'm captive for at least four hours. We probably outdid ourselves that night but their selection of Belgians and domestic microbrews was very,very good. Happened to also be the second Friday of the month which is a beer tasting night. Got to spend some time with one of their beer distributers and six or seven other folks getting some brew lore and a nice sampling of one brewery's line. Friendly staff who know their beers and an enjoyable place to spend an evening. Only one of a handfull of pubs in Fla. offering this level of quality and selection.

Reviewed January 23, 2009

We've been going to Robbie O'Connell's for years. They recently (last week in fact), opened at their new location @ 550 Seabreeze (on the corner, formerly part of Molly Brown's gentleman's club - two doors down from the old location). They now have two floors. The first floor is a little institutional...tile walls, brighter than average bar lights. I think once the dust settles, literally, it will warm up a bit. There are two dart boards, some bar-top video games and table-top shuffleboard. The bartenders and patrons are as welcoming and friendly as ever and they still have an excellent selection of draft and bottled beer. There is a daily drink special on the 1st floor and they now have full liquor service. The second floor is open, I believe, only Wednesday - Saturday. We happened to be in on a Sunday and didn't have a chance to check it out. Everyone we spoke to said it was much cozier - similar to the old Robbie's location - and they have a fine selection of Belgian beers on tap. We look forward to checking it out soon and will report back. One more thing...unlike a lot of pubs/bars in Daytona, Robbie's is not smoke free because they don't have over 10% of revenue from food sales. It is smokey...very smokey. If you are sensitive to cigarette smoke - or don't want to come home smelling like an overflowing ashtray, this might not be the place for you.