“Just A Bit Different Than The Usual”
Review of Bahama Breeze

Bahama Breeze
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 426 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2017

Every since it opened, this has been a must for lunch or dinner. We eat early and usually too hot for the covered patio, but looks like a place to be when the sun is setting. Menu is a bit different than the usual seafood places. For lunch or dinner, I always have the seafood chowder. For lunch, it is usually sandwiches or a salad. For dinner, it's usually a seafood entre or maybe chicken. Sometimes, go daring and let the server make a recommendation. No matter what is selected, it has been good, once in a while I get a surprise when it is spicier than I prefer, but sometimes it's good to rock the boat.

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

A dinner out with my ten year old granddaughter led us to Bahama Breeze. I’ve been to other locations and although the food is fine, I’m not drawn to revisit often.

I started off with a $5.00 Mojito Cubano which was surprisingly good. She had a frozen $1.49 NA Mango Mango Man and was quite pleased with it.

$4.50 beef empanadas (happy hour special, I believe) came with a sour cream and side of sauce. The sauce was flavorful but the empanadas were pretty plain. She wasn’t a big fan.

She ordered the $5.99 kids tilapia. I was surprised but she said why not try it at a place like this where it was available on the kids menu. Good point. Smart girl! It was served with mashed potatoes. I am always pleased to find a reasonably priced kids menu at $5.99 and the little frozen NA cocktail was a big hit.

I ordered a $2.99 iced tea which irritates me. Iced tea and soda are so inexpensive that when I see these prices get charged just to increase the bill I get irritated. TMI? I had the $16.99 jerk chicken pasta which I also did not find to be memorable. It was overpriced and not nearly as flavorful as some other restaurants.

Dessert came in the form of a $7.49 pineapple creme brûlée. A special dinner out with a special girl calls for a special dessert. It was unique and beautiful in its presentation. Not overwhelming in size, but still enough to share if you are just looking for a small finish. She didn’t care for it, so I was lucky enough to enjoy it. Note to self: stick with chocolate to make the kid happy.

The atmosphere was nice. The place looked clean. We arrived before the dinner rush and were seated immediately. There was a wait by the time we left. Our waiter was very friendly when we could get his attention. I must admit that at one point we were needing something and he had disappeared. I was really starting to wonder whether he had clocked out and went home. We finally got the attention of someone else and our waiter reappeared with our request. It was quite loud in the dining area by the time we left. There is an outside bar that looks fun and inviting, but I would avoid that in the middle of summer. It wraps around to a bar inside as well. It is located on a main road in Daytona (ISB). If this place doesn’t suit your fancy, keep driving. Plenty of other places to eat.

Overall, dinner for two was $47.34 before tip. Not bad for a night out with friends, but maybe a bit over the top for the ten year old who certainly would have enjoyed a simple sub shop or burger joint. I surely could have skipped the pasta and dessert and ordered another half price app as my entree and brought the total bill down immensely, so don’t rule out the place due to cost. Just review the options and take advantage of their great happy hour prices. And order water instead of tea or soda... or even a second mojito if you have that designated driver.

After leaving she did share that she probably wouldn’t order the tilapia again.

Hope this review helps and you can provide a thumbs up.

1  Thank FlGmaTraveler
Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

Cool island vibe chain. Get a signature cocktail or a flight. For $10 you can sample 3 signature drinks and get a nice buzz! Happy hour half price apps too! Staying to Daytona? Stop at Bahama Breeze!

Reviewed September 10, 2017

I was very excited to eat here as I had heard great things... I was so disappointed. It was a nice big restaurant and service was attentive, but the food tasted like frozen chain restaurant food. I had the shrimp tacos which tasted like chlorine, the only good thing was the side of fruit w/ sorbet. My husband had the pork tenderloin, which was dry and tasteless. All and All I would never go back to one of these restaurants, food was just not fresh or on pare for the cost.

Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

They had a nice one man band that night playing steel drums. Only downfall that night is they say us right in front of him and we had a hard time trying to talk with each other. The food was delicious and plentiful. You should not walk away hungry!!