“Very Good Lunch and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #37 of 398 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Very Good Lunch and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We had a wonderful lunch and our server Preslee made our lunch great! We had the Spicy Shrimp Fritta for our appetizer, wonderful!! Our main dishes were the Pappardelle Pescatore and the Mediterranean Trout, both were great. Great taste and seafood for the pescatore and the piece of trout was a good size fillet, 10 oz. So you know with our soup and salad, we had enough for leftovers and a great lunch tomorrow!! For a chain restaurant, this was a very good appetizer and meal, but our service made it better. We'll be back again and ask for Preslee!!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Lisa N

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Saskatoon,SK Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,112 helpful votes
“Above Average OG!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Our food was a bit better than par for the Olive Garden, which is my favorite place to eat. It came quickly and was tasty. Our server was struggling a wee bit but the food made up for that.

Heres a visitor beware FYI: We went in when there was a Daytona 500 on. Low and behold it had eneded when we got out. There were tens of thousands of people leaving and we got stuck in an hour long traffic jam just to make it 5-6 blocks back to the interstate. AVOID this area at all costs during any racging event.

• Visited July 2014
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Never Disappointed...Plenty of Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Monday evening we decided to eat Italian food at the Daytona Beach Olive Garden and take advantage of thyeir 2 for $25 special. We have eaten there many times in the past and have always been happy with our meals...although I think the portions are actually too large at times. However, we took that into consideration this time.

When asked for soup or salad, we both took the salad and it was fresh and tasty as usual. I like the way they add the grated cheese and include the fresh breadsticks. Contrary to usual, we did not take the salad and breadstick refill...saving space for our entrees.

We ordered the Shrimp Mezzaluna and Ravioli Di Portobello. Both entree's came well presented, hot and on a very nice timely basis. We shared both entree's and although we enjoyed both meals, we particularly enjoyed the Ravioli, which came stuffed with mushrooms. E#ven though we had saved room for the quantity, we were unable to finish half of one of them. That's o9kay, it made for a tasty lunch the next day.

We also did not have room for the dessert that was included with the special, so we took that home also. Later in the evening we split and enjoyed the white chocolate Raspberry cheesecake.

Service was excellent! We were not pushed, delivery was timely and completely inobtrusive. Altogether we had a very enjoyable tasty meal, and I am sure we will be returning to the Olive Garden again in the near future.

• Visited May 2014
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Underwhelming Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

We arrived for an early lunch just as the restaurant opened, so of course we were seated immediately and the tables were clean. We ordered drinks and bruschetta which arrived immediately and was very good. For entrees I got the soup, salad and breadstick lunch, my daughter got spaghetti and meatballs and my husband got steak tuscano. The servers were drowning my husband and daughter with soda but nobody even asked if I needed more coffee until I mentioned my empty cup. My husband said his steak was fine, but my daughter's spaghetti left a lot to be desired. The pasta was over cooked and what little sauce there was just tasted like crushed tomatoes with a few torn basil leaves. For soup I started with pasta fagioli which was described as a spicy Italian chili. It was tasteless and awful. I sent it back and tried the minestrone, which was tasteless and watery. I didn't want to be a jerk but I sent that back, too, and asked for zuppa Toscana....and got another bowl of flavorless liquid. I gave up. The chef obviously has no idea how to use seasoning. The only good part of the meal was dessert. The tiramisu, chocolate mousse cake and dolcini were all excellent, which makes me wonder if they are delivered to the restaurant premade. Why else would there be such a huge gap in food quality and taste between entrees and desserts? I'm giving this restaurant a rating of 3 because it was an average of a 4 for service and a 2 for food.

• Visited June 2014
“Best service ever, tasty food, and I'm SO FULL!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

After a poor experience at the Olive Garden in Ormond Beach, I was given a gift card to make up for it and decided to try the Daytona Beach location and had a fabulous experience. The waiter (Ray) was probably the best waiter I've ever had and made the dining experience exceptional. Had the Shrimp Mettazula (again) and loved it!!!

• Visited June 2014