“Mixed feelings about the food”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #63 of 392 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My wife and I ate here twice while staying in Daytona Beach. The food was tasty, my wife really liked her meal. On the first visit, I had chicken, but it tasted like beef! I assumed that the chicken had been cooked next to a piece of steak, so on the second visit, I ordered the same chicken dish. Tasted like beef again. It was good, but rather heavy, and not what I had hoped for. I suspect that they use beef fat for frying, which dominates the taste of their chicken dishes. We'd probably go back, because the food was good. But I'd ask a lot more questions about the preparation of the dishes next time.

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We came here cheerleader weekend ( to for that ) n had no choice but to eat here if we wanted a decent meal (so I thght) I am a ex chef w a 5* hotel in miami and figured it wld be doable , man I WAS WRONG - THERE WAS DIRT ALL over the walls , like nasty caked dirt n stains at the both by the bar. The server next to us made it a point to let his table know that desserts were taken 45 min throwing the kitchen completely under the bus , food is auctioned at tables ...
My friends "minestrone " was DISGUSTING , are capresse had 2 little pieces of pre bought mozz and a pile of tomatoes .. my salad came w romaine n carrot shreds n what they called creamy parm dressing which tasted more like rancid anchovies then anything, I told my server n he aurgued the point w me tuen got me a "mixed greens " that was brown n even more disgusting. The lobster ravs were clearly frozen , w a generic diced tom garnish n my prosciutto wrapped pork tenderloin was about 4 oz of pork w barley any prosciutto it was cooked perfect medium so cudos to the cook - but the pill of brown garlic potatoes was ineatable -
There was server at the table next to us which was so flamboyant and rude arrogant and rude , disrspectful and that flamboyant it becomes a problem . If we would have had a good meal I wldnt have even mentioned this but to have a server that clearly has an agenda for his cause and working at a family restaurant is crazy to me this experience justifies my not going to chains. It isnt hard to cook good food no matyer how busy it is and customer service 101 was not even taught to the ppl working here

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We love going here for the happy hour when you just feel like a light snack and a glass of wine. they have a few 1/2 price appetizers and you pay for 1 glass of wine and they give you 1 1/2 glasses of wine in a small carafe. we had the Shrimp Diavolo and PEI mussels.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Always wanted to try a carrabbas and tried this the evening of Daytona 500. Was quite a let down. The salad was not so good. then my meal came and i didn't like that. It was along the lines of olive garden but not as good. I would not eat at another carrabbas.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Wonderful restaurant, food is delicious, wait staff very knowledgable and courteous. Food is fresh and delightful