“Much, Much better pizza has returned to original recipe and ingrediants!.”
Review of Pantheon Pizza

Pantheon Pizza
Ranked #103 of 379 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I wrote a review a while back describing how new owners had gradually changed the pizza here, and in my opinion, not for the better,
After a friend told me he had just gotten an amazingly good pizza here, I thought I would give it a try again.
'Long story short......The owners realized that changes to the original recipe and ingredients weren't working so well, and have gone to extremes to insure that the product is now exactly the way it's always been in years past.
And sure enough, the pizza I ordered was exactly the same, "Best Damn Pizza In The World" I have gotten there for many years! (Please read my earlier review for description). I would suggest ordering it well well done so that it is nicely browned all over.
Also, they have recently remodeled the dining room into something way more presentable. 'Still not upscale, but far nicer than it has ever been.
If you have never been to Pantheon pizza, you owe it to yourself to give it a try.
If you have been disappointed by the changes to the pizza over the last few years, you really need to go back and try it again!

Reviewed April 30, 2011

Had fried mushrooms with ranch, Pepperoni/Bacon/Mushroom pizza, and child's spagetti delivered to our hotel room. Average service. But man, the food was flavorless. Plus, the toppings all fell off the slice because the cheese was on top. Wouldn't eat their food again.

Reviewed February 21, 2011

this was very well reviewed on trip advisor when we went. It was so underwhelming in comparison to the ridiculiously positive reviews! Grungy place, food fair at best, not worth going even a block out of your way.

1  Thank Winewithdinner_19
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Visited friends in the Holly Hill area and we ordered take out from Pantheon Pizza, which they think is pretty good and have been ordering from there for some time, as it is close to their place... The pizza was not very good, the cheese they use is like eating a rubbery fatty substance, although they do put a lot of it on the pizza, but hen it makes it harder to swallow and the salads were just OK.

Guess we better take our friends to a GOOD pizza place for comparisons, as Pantheon was quite disappointing...

Reviewed January 31, 2011

For me, Pantheon pizza used to be the best pizza anywhere.
It has never been an upscale dining place. It's always been kind of a run down, neighborhood "joint". (And frankly, that's being charitable.) You certainly wouldn't go there to impress anyone. You go there for the great pizza.
This is a New England style Greek Pizza, meaning a relatively thick under crust partially cooked in a pan and then directly on the stone, and if you order pepperoni it is actually under the cheese. This style pizza usually has very browned cheese with a medium sized golden brown crust. Done properly this gives you an incredible tasting, although very greasy, firm crusted pizza. When it is cooled slightly, as you lift the pizza from it's pools of golden grease, you should be able to lift it from the crust end with the firm, though moist, undercrust almost holding it's own weight without soggily drooping down. Greek style pizzas aren't for everyone, and I have friends who have been totally grossed out by all the grease, but for me, that's part of what what made it so great.
The business was sold a few years back by the original family who started it, and the inevitable changes that come with new ownership have left a product that is for me, inferior.
I have found the pizza to be very inconsistent, with at times a sour, undercooked dough, and with a different cheese that no longer browns nicely, nor does it grease off like the old cheese. This may be a plus to some, but not for me.
The new owners are slowly trying to fix the place up, and that's a good thing.
They still seem to be doing a good, if not better business than they used to, so I don't know, maybe these changes to the pizza make it more appealing to the masses.
Although I can only give three stars for this now mediocre pizza, I will probably keep going back once in a great while, always hoping to see that it has changed back for the better.