“Can't say enough!”

Cleveland, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't say enough!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

The food here was glorious! The staff all very pleasant, fast and efficient. I had the Mr. Chicken burrito, it was heavenly! My husband had a cheeseburger that was to die for! My side was chips and salsa and it was love at first bite! I wish we had found this place sooner so we could have eaten there every day before we had to head back to Tennessee !

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lauren D
AvocadoKitchen, Front Office Manager at Dancing Avocado Kitchen, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Lauren,

Thank you so much for your review. I do not know exactly where Cleveland TN is, but I know you came a long way to vacation in Daytona; and it looked like you opened an account with trip advisory just to review us. A week ago somebody had a poor experience and they really trashed the staff and servers. It's odd when you hire employees who are sensitive and they cry when somebody is mean spirited online.

Thank you so much from our staff, we read these reviews during our staff meetings and it really does make all the hard work enjoyable. We try to do everything we can to make every customer experience memorable.

Veggies that will rock your world?

Jacksonville, Florida
“Basic and crude”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I went to this restaurant after reading Tripadvisor reviews. Little did I know.
First, we waited 20 minutes before our waitress came to our outdoor table. And we had first to go inside and claim we were waiting and wanted to order.
This being said, the menu is cheap, many lunch sandwiches around $8.
I understand it is a vegetarian place. So, was I punished because I chose to have a burger?
When it came, it was just short of being charcoal. The avocado on top was also black (matching colors?), which means it had been prepared a while ago.
My wife had a burrito. Not really bad but not good either. Nothing special.
Overall, it's OK for having a cheap veggie sandwich. But I am sure there are much better restaurants around.

2 Thank JP M
AvocadoKitchen, Front Office Manager at Dancing Avocado Kitchen, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear JP M,

As I write to you, on my desk there is a clip of orange forms; internally, they're known as the 'Oops sheet.' It includes the date and time, customers name and phone number whenever applicable, problem menu item, and what was wrong with the menu item. It has a section for the server, the lead cold cook, and the supervisor. I only share this with you because none of my staff could remember your complaint or concern. I went through the oops forms to see if there were any written concerns of yours. Reviewing online helps us to learn from our mistakes. If you speak up in a restaurant, it helps us make your experience better, right then.
I'm sure that you had a disappointing experience, I only wish we could have intercepted your improperly cooked hamburger and made it right. We are shipping between 200-300 lbs of Organic Florida Avocado's up from homestead, they can be less firm and less green at times, I'm sad if your burger was topped with overly ripe Avocado.

I know your only joking when you say "was I punished because I chose to have a burger?", people actually think that sometimes for real, we welcome hungry diners both herbivore and carnivore, of all race, creeds and color. Today, I brought kiwi to a 2 year old child who had never had any. I also talked to some ladies who came in to have soup for lunch, one was 92. So so sorry your stopping at the Avocado Kitchen was disappointing.

So sad, our bad... :(

Oss
“Very original menu, very tasty”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We went there for lunch and we liked it all (6). Very nice and crisp salads with crunchy crackers, juicy burger with to-die-for-potatoes. The falafel was very good and so were the kid's meals. Fresh pressed juice. Take home the Dancer's Dust. It is delicious!

1 Thank NatasjaOss
Dear Natasja,

One of my favorite parts of the job is visiting tables in the middle of the rush. One of the things I discovered many years ago, is that it is easier to remember those customers who were having problems and squawking about ; than it was to remember people like yourself (i.e., quietly enjoying meals, sipping on a fresh juice, or licking Dancer Dust off your finger tips). Anyways, when I miss talking to people like you I get to spend a little more time being specific, thanking them for their loyalty and patronage on many review sites, such as this. We hope that we will continue to visit us whenever possible and remember our new menu has everything your heart desires?

Peace, Love, Avocado
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“AWESOME VEGAN BLTSANDWICH”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The vegan BLT was to die for. Instead of Bacon it had this incredible thinly sliced marinated and roasted eggplant on fantasic fresh bread. I am drooling just thinking about the experience. Waitress was very knowledgable about items on the menu. Can't wait to find a reason to visit Daytona Beach again.

Dear Roxann,

We're really excited that you liked the Vegan Bacon. Our youngest two children were having friends over for the weekend. Several of them had just gone Vegan. We spent most of the weekend marinating substrates (tofu, eggplant, plantains, etc.) and then slow cooked them in an oven. This turned into us borrowing a dehydrator to make vegan bacon, or as we call it, began vacon. We also spent 13 hours on our own vegan cheese which ended up being a pretty good cheese sauce, but had a hard time getting it slice-able. I can't wait for our customers to try the vegan mac and cheese (of the future).

Thank you so much for your kind words typed?

Florida
“Homecoming”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I just got back from my semester abroad in Costa Rica and my friend and I decided to stop in at our ol’ favorite – the Dancing Avocado Kitchen. The first thing that I realized is that they have a whole new menu. To start out our lunch experience, we ordered the guacamole appetizer, which was really fresh (because they’re made to order) and had just the right amount of lemon and cilantro. We split two entrees of course because we wanted to get the most out of the menu. My friend went with the Shroomer, a grilled whole-portabella mushroom cap, with whole cloves of garlic, button mushrooms, on what they call a ‘squawl bun’ (a pumpernickel/wheat roll? That a troll-like hippie baker delivers every morning), and broadcasted sprouted lentils over the top. I wanted to choosed between the Cali Chick and the Cali Dude. I ordered the Cali Dude because it comes with bacon. It’s a bundled sandwich stuffed with curry chicken salad, craisins, lettuce, tomato, and again with the sprouted lentils. And deciding to give the pigs a break, I substituted vegan bacon for the pork kind – to think there was even such a thing! (They call it ‘Began Vacon’, they’ve always had this affinity for naming things unusually.) I didn’t get a chance to have any, but their desserts were ‘Barrel of Monkeys’ and ‘Rotten Turtle Egg Breakfast’. What a warm homecoming, we had another great experience, with energetic staff, a hippie atmosphere, and really really great food!