“AWESOME VEGAN BLTSANDWICH”

Dancing Avocado Kitchen
Ranked #15 of 398 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“AWESOME VEGAN BLTSANDWICH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

The vegan BLT was to die for. Instead of Bacon it had this incredible thinly sliced marinated and roasted eggplant on fantasic fresh bread. I am drooling just thinking about the experience. Waitress was very knowledgable about items on the menu. Can't wait to find a reason to visit Daytona Beach again.

• Visited July 2013
AvocadoKitchen, Front Office Manager at Dancing Avocado Kitchen, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Roxann,

We're really excited that you liked the Vegan Bacon. Our youngest two children were having friends over for the weekend. Several of them had just gone Vegan. We spent most of the weekend marinating substrates (tofu, eggplant, plantains, etc.) and then slow cooked them in an oven. This turned into us borrowing a dehydrator to make vegan bacon, or as we call it, began vacon. We also spent 13 hours on our own vegan cheese which ended up being a pretty good cheese sauce, but had a hard time getting it slice-able. I can't wait for our customers to try the vegan mac and cheese (of the future).

Thank you so much for your kind words typed?

Angelo

Florida
“Homecoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I just got back from my semester abroad in Costa Rica and my friend and I decided to stop in at our ol’ favorite – the Dancing Avocado Kitchen. The first thing that I realized is that they have a whole new menu. To start out our lunch experience, we ordered the guacamole appetizer, which was really fresh (because they’re made to order) and had just the right amount of lemon and cilantro. We split two entrees of course because we wanted to get the most out of the menu. My friend went with the Shroomer, a grilled whole-portabella mushroom cap, with whole cloves of garlic, button mushrooms, on what they call a ‘squawl bun’ (a pumpernickel/wheat roll? That a troll-like hippie baker delivers every morning), and broadcasted sprouted lentils over the top. I wanted to choosed between the Cali Chick and the Cali Dude. I ordered the Cali Dude because it comes with bacon. It’s a bundled sandwich stuffed with curry chicken salad, craisins, lettuce, tomato, and again with the sprouted lentils. And deciding to give the pigs a break, I substituted vegan bacon for the pork kind – to think there was even such a thing! (They call it ‘Began Vacon’, they’ve always had this affinity for naming things unusually.) I didn’t get a chance to have any, but their desserts were ‘Barrel of Monkeys’ and ‘Rotten Turtle Egg Breakfast’. What a warm homecoming, we had another great experience, with energetic staff, a hippie atmosphere, and really really great food!

• Visited July 2013
Barrie, Canada
“Completely over the top cuisine and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Daytona beach's most funky, forward thinking restaurant. Even the washroom is a cool place! We are vegetarian but they serve all styles and do it well! Been there many times and loved it always. Black or white bean hummus is a scene stealer....won't be able to de IDE which you like more. Go!

1 Thank Cameron A
Chef_Angelo25, Public Relations Manager at Dancing Avocado Kitchen, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dead Redcan,

We're embarrassed, thank you so much for your positive accolades! Thank you so much about telling the world about our Yin Yang, which is swirls of garlic garbanzo hummus and an earth black bean hummus made with cumin and peanut butter. We're just trying to feed people. Most people in America eat about three or more meals a day. I say this because as of this writing, there are twenty three of our friends doing community work in Kenya. Angela reported back that they fed over two hundred kids a half a slice of white bread and some unsweetened-warm Kool-ade. For some, she noted this was the only food that they had that day. Sorry if I got off track, that story has been in my heart ever since she called me two or three days ago. I thought maybe if I shared it with you and the world, we'd all be able to appreciate the abundant resources of food and flavors that we have. Thank you so much for tripping out on the Dancing Avocado Kitchen, your comments mean the world to us and our staff.

Have everything that your heart desires,
Orlando, Florida
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I loved the name of this restaraunt so I stopped in for lunch. The menu is great. I chose "The Dancer" without sprouts. It was AMAZING! It came with a side of slaw with some type of balsamic dressing. It was great! I also got a Tropical smoothie and it was just right. The waitress was helpful and friendly. Will definitely be back to this restaraunt!

• Visited June 2013
Chef_Angelo25, Public Relations Manager at Dancing Avocado Kitchen, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Mr/Mrs Pinto,

Thank you so much for your exuberance that you left in your review on the Dancing Avocado Kitchen. The sprouted lentils which you left off of your sandwich are a great source of protein. Along with amino acids and proteins, this is singularly one of the most organically healthy things you can eat in our building. The fact that you omitted them is also a beautiful thing. We have a motto here where, 'herbivore and carnivore eat together in harmony'. And while we don't think you should sit at the table until your vegetables are gone, and as chefs we would never support boiling a vegetable until it was much and considering it a side dish. But each a customer would like us to make an alteration, we attempt to customize and make them happy. Thank you so much for your glowing review. If you should ever regret, withholding the lentils, remember that we add sprouted lentils to anything on the menu at no additional charge.

Peace, Love, & Avocados,
Naperville, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Visited this restaurant while on vacation with a vegan friend. The wait staff was friendly and informative. The food was delicious, both the vegan and non-vegan dishes. Our vegan friend was very excited by the menu choices and loved the food.
We will visit this restaurant again when we are in town.

Dear Mark,

Thank you so much for visiting our establishment, we very much appreciate your reporting on the food, atmosphere, and staff. We are glad that you have an appreciation for our vegan offerings. We look forward to your continued patronage whenever you are nearby.

With sincere appreciation,