“REALLY Nice Find”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stopped here for lunch on our way to "snow bird" in southern Florida. What a nice find. Being a vegetarian, I rarely find a restaurant that I have TOO many choices to pick from. My husband (not vegetarian) found plenty to choose from as well. We sat out on the porch since it was a nice day. Our server was nice and helpful in deciding what to order.
We really enjoyed it, I just wish the owners would open one in Southern Florida. This will probably be our lunch stop from now on when we travel to Florida for the winter!

AvocadoKitchen, Manager at Dancing Avocado Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Yolo,
Since we only live once I'm so glad that you were able to eat here. There's a sign on the deck that says "the longer you eat here the longer you eat". We are hoping our customers both young and old, the ones who will eventually die, will become healthier and more rejuvenated with each visit.
Thank you for taking the small detour of I-95 into our humble historic downtown!

Peace to the journey,

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Friendly people, clean and a nice menu. Not the same old menu as alot of other places. Love going to Beach Street and walking around to the shops there.

Dear Donna W,
Glad to hear you enjoyed the downtown area. I'm on the same page as far as loving all the shops down here! It's a great way to spend an afternoon.
I just want to thank you for the glowing review you have written. It means so much to the whole staff to hear that we are keeping a nice, clean and friendly atmosphere going for our customers!
Hope to see you again soon.

Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, come downtown it's Avocado time!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

WE went on a tripadvisor recommendation and we just can't say enough about the experience. We were a party of 6, some meat eaters, some vegetarians and one on the HCG diet and we ALL found something we could love to eat!!

The famous Dave burger was awesome and so was the earth burger. You can order anything you want to go on top of it and the sides were interesting as well or you could get yummy potatoes.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The menu is huge! WE went for lunch and were very happy with it all!! Give it a try.

AvocadoKitchen, Manager at Dancing Avocado Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Dear Tim R,
So very glad to hear that your dining experience at the DAK was great. We hope to see you again in the future for another tasty meal and another chance for us to make you feel welcome!

Where Carnivore and Herbivore eat together in harmony,

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Everything was done well. Food was very tasty, reasonable price, friendly, good service. Would highly recommend

Dear Tim R,
Thank you for stopping by for our breakfast. Not many people know that we serve lunch AND breakfast so knowing that you enjoyed our morning meals makes our hearts happy!
Please stop by again soon for some more tasty mornings!

Peace, Love and Avocados,

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have lived in this area for awhile and have always heard good things about the Avocado Kitchen. After walking in the Breast Cancer Walk last weekend, some friends and I decided to give it a try. I was crowded but loved the atmosphere! Felt like I was in NYC....I ordered the Avocado Omlet. It was delicious..but I also a FAN of Avocados so I kind of figured I'd love it. The potatoes served with it was also very tasty...had a terrific seasoning. My kids ordered the Waffle. That unfortunately was not so good. It tasted Sour! We thought maybe sour dough?? Come to find out, it was a pumpkin waffle. The server did not tell us that. Had we known, we have have ordered something else. We then heard him let the table next to us know. He made no offer to bring us anything else which I thought was kind of bad customer service.

All in all, I really did like the restaurant but do think there was a break down in service with our issue not being addressed.

Dear Inthebiz131,
I would like to thank you for participating in the Breast Cancer walk. That was a great day for all the customers and employees. We are excited that you and your friends decided to come in and give us a try but we are saddened that you experienced a poor waffle. Our pumpkin waffle is a rare item that we do and I am very sorry it was not what you expected and that the mistake was not handled correctly. However, we would love to have you back and be given a second try to make your experience here a fantastic one! We love our avocado Fans and wish to make their visits here joyous ones. Please come again for some scrumptious food and pampering!

So sad, our bad,