“Great mexican food”

Ranked #27 of 377 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Restaurant just opened May 2010. This is a new location, opened in May 2010. We went last Sunday for the first time and have been there 3x now.
Reviewed May 25, 2013

First time at this place, we ordered take out, great enchiladas and shrimp burritos. Staff was very friendly

Reviewed May 18, 2013

While vacationing in Daytona Beach we had a hankering for enchiladas and were excited to find this highly rated spot and headed on over. I ordered cheese with red sauce (you can have red or green), friend had chicken and daughter wanted a couple of chicken enchiladas, no beans or rice. That is not an option here as they do not sell them ala carte. The not too friendly order taker advised they could omit rice and beans from the plate but we would still have to pay for a combo. So my daughter ordered the combo with 2 chicken and 1 beef. Never one to let a good enchilada go to waste, I figured I would eat the extra one and my friend and I would split the beans and rice. Sad to say we did not enjoy our meals. We've eaten a lot of authentic mexican food during our travels and felt this didn't compare to most. To be fair, we only tried one dish, but our opinion is this.. The tortillas were tough, the sauce not much flavor. And the cheese - what was that cheese? It wasn't the usual creamy, melty, smooth goodness that we were craving. It was more of a tasteless dry, crumbled, not melted in any way kind of filling which sadly wasn't too filling. I ate 2 of the 3. The shredded chicken and beef were good, both tender and tasty but same as the cheese, not much of it and tough tortillas. We ate the beans, and left most of the rice. Both were just ok. Overall, the meals were not satisfying. We didn't get the chips and salsa as they were an extra charge. They are often complimentary at other places.

1  Thank BuffaloKitty
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Always on the prowl for good ceviche, and found it at Tia Cori's. Good for a quick casual meal - no frills, but good food.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Husband and I had lunch here on a Monday during our vacation. The line was long and didn't move too fast, but watching the busy employees always makes me feel patient. (Busy I can take, laziness I don't have much patience for. No laziness here, however.) I chose three tacos, Mexican-style (lime, onion, and cilantro): tongue, marinated pork, and slow-cooked beef. Actually, those are listed in order of my preference upon eating them. It was my first time to try tongue (thought in a small portion in a taco was a good opportunity!), and while it tasted fine, it really didn't have much flavor compared to the slow-cooked beef. The Husband had a chorizo and a carnitas taco plus a tamale and said they were all very good.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was my first visit, and will be my last. I eat Mexican food regularly in my travels, but have rarely been as disappointed as with this place. Reading the reviews, it seems to swing to extremes, but my visit was definatly bad.
Going in the place looked and smelled like it should. Counter order taker was a bit abrupt with those in front of me in line, but was OK to me. I ordered two soft tacos, two tamales, and a small order of chips to go. Total was $12.47. Rather high, but when the order finally came up the portions were smaller than i expected. The tacos were tiny, the tamales were almost completly empty of filling, and the chips were greasy and overdone.
Glad some other reviewers like it, but I won't be back.

1  Thank rhodesworks