La Quinta Inn & Suites Oceanfront Daytona Beach
Ranked #18 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The hotel was clean and well maintained. People at the hotel and people staying at the hotel were great. Especially liked meeting the guests' dogs and pets. Biggest positive was the was the walk-in ramp to the pool! What a great surprise as I am handicapped. Please consider putting in a handrail at the pool! Bathroom was tiny but ok. Need hand rails in there as well. I am still able to walk, but wanted a handrail while getting in and out of shower. Please also consider a ramp to the beach! This would be the best!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Irst time staying @ la Quinta in Daytona Beach,everything was great except the person that check us in she needs to learn some customer relation or send to some program where she will learn how to take kare of customers

2  Thank Renzo C
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I live locally and come just to get to the beach and stay, this hotel is one of the only few that has hot tubs on the property. I enjoy the rooms each time. The only problems I have had have been fixed. But the biggest problem another visitor wrote about and I have complained about several times. The kids in the hot tub. Management needs to be diligent about it because the parents are not. I am an adult and come without my children, and pay money to use facilities that are over run by a bunch of brats and the parents are just satisfied that the kids aren't bothering them. I cannot stand to have 15 kids in a small hot tub with me! Please fix this! The other writer that wrote about feeling like they were going to get murdered, by just being on the property is ridiculous. For the most part besides some rowdy partiers and kids in the hot tub its worth the stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley S
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Last experience of hotel stay was very poor. This was not a La Quinta Inn. I was hesitant but I am glad we stayed here. Easy check in and out. Great location on the beach. Great pool. Room spacious and clean. Can not wait to return!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The hotel was good for the price. Air conditioning could have been better. Breakfast selection was not good compared to other Laquinta hotels I have stayed in. The safe in the room did not work. Maintenance looked at it and said he would get the parts for it, but he never came back or said anything during our 5 day stay.

1  Thank Gerald P
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We were able to stay in a beautiful, ocean view room that was very clean and updated. We had a balcony that overlooked the pool and ocean. Gorgeous!. Breakfast was a nice variety and the pool and hot tub were very clean. If you can steer clear of the front desk staff you will probably have a wonderful stay. Definitely get the ocean view room. We were walking distance to the Daytona Pier. Didn't really have to leave the room. The maintenance staff was excellent. Very efficient and pleasant. Now just don't go near the front desk if possible.

2  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed June 16, 2014

If I could rate no stars I would. I originally booked this hotel through Priceline as part of a vacation package due to the decent reviews, pictures and less expensive rate, and that was a mistake. I had called ahead of time to make sure we received their one room in the hotel that was all tile since it was pet friendly and we are allergic. We did arrive to that room being available, but as soon as we walked in, we walked right out in less than 20 minutes. Over half of the light fixtures didn't work, the towels were dirty, the beds sounded like they were sitting on top of file cabinets laid on their side as a frame, the bathroom was gross as well as the whole room, and I pretty much felt like I was going to be murdered in there if we stayed much longer. It was a city view room which I was aware of, but we couldn't bare to be in there as the vibe coming from it made us feel dirty. We immediately called around and found a much nicer hotel for a little more 6 miles down the road which saved our vacation. DO NOT GO HERE if you don't have to, I would not even bring a homeless person here to stay as they deserve better than this. The pictures and other reviews are deceiving, maybe the oceanfront rooms are better but I doubt by very much.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brittany R
Tina T, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oceanfront Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Brittany R,

I am pleased to hear that the room you requested was available when you arrived. I am sorry that your experience left you feeling like you had received a less than perfect room. We strive to inspect each and every room prior to guests checking in to prevent this kind of situation. We also have beautiful oceanfront rooms with private balconies available at our property. The ownership has been working very hard to upgrade the property including remodeling the entire lobby and breakfast area. There are brand new mattresses in every room as well. Please do not hesitate to give us a second look next time you are in the area.