“Nice location, nice rooms, pricey, horrible internet, mixed staff (good and bad)”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Oceanfront Daytona Beach
Ranked #29 of 98 Hotels in Daytona Beach
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Pros: location is excellent within walking distance of the pier. The oceanfront rooms are quite large with a nice view unless you get the corner room which I originally had. The end/corner room overlooks the maintenance area for the hotel. The room was about 150/night which I find expensive in general for a La Quinta especially in Daytona Beach but it was spring break and bikers week was starting so I knew the prices would be high. The pool area is really nice and the beach is right there. The beds were comfortable.

Con: there are two of them. The first is the internet. Ugh....days before I was in a LaQuinta and I had the same problems with the internet. It would literally take over a minute for one page to download. At the one in Atlanta I mentioned that since I was in the end room (not sure why I keep getting the end rooms) that the router may be too far away. Now, when I get the end room here in Daytona the same thing happens. This time though the manager came to the room and we tried figuring it out. Then I told him....lets walk down the hall to the middle of the hotel and what do you think happened.....all bars on the laptop lit up and I was actually connected at lightning speed. At no charge he moved me to a middle room so I could do my work which requires being online.

Now, the woman at the desk in the morning was not so nice...unlike the woman at check-in who was WONDERFUL and the manager who was also WONDERFUL. She was the last person I was in contact with at this property thus the rating went from a 4 star to a 3 star. I asked for her to see if my frequent flyer number was being credited and she said she couldn't look it up. I told her she could. She told me she couldn't. I then let her check me out and I spoke with the manager. He said of course they could look it up and make sure its in there. He then said...oh, but you are now checked out so you will have to call La Quinta to get credited. So now I will need to spend my time to get those miles credited...not a good ending to my two night 300.00 stay.

Room Tip: With the oceanfront rooms do not get an end room. The view is terrible as it overlooks the maintenan...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank wanderingtheworld200

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Orange City, Florida
Reviewed March 2, 2012

The staff at the front desk when we came in were very nice. Our room was wonderful with a beautiful view of the ocean. The pool was nice and while we were out there the owner an manager came out an was checking on everyone to make sure everyone was happy with the hotel. Would stay there again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Becky C
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2012

This was my first visit to Daytona Beach so I wanted to stay at a place that was right on the beach, with a pool and close to shopping, the pier and restaurants. The hotel was definitely more of a 'motel' style. The room was spacious but after walking in, we immediately felt the humidity and moisture in the room. The tv was older but worked fine as well as the mini fridge and microwave. We weren't sure the sheets were changed every night even though we asked them to be. My sister spilled a bit of red wine on the sheets one night and the next day, though the beds were made, the stain from the spill was still there. I liked that there was a safe but it was old and kind of rusty. I would have preferred it have a key for me to hold on to instead of a digital one where I created a code.

The hotel was literally on the beach and had private access which was nice. The pool was great and there were lots of lounge chairs for guests to use.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Samantha M
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Stayed there on business 2/21 to 2/23. Old TV laying in middle of floor in bedroom upon check in. Was told it was be replaced--never was. I have to shove it to the corner. They rented the adjacent room to some very questionable hoods--who stood outside and smoked half the night. The seal around the front door was so poor you could pass a magazine through it. They placed a $200 hold on my credit card for "incidentals". Paid my room in full and there were ZERO incidental purchases to be made. When I questioned this at checkout--desk clerk couldn't explain it. Manager came our and was not helpful either. I travel frequently on business all over the U.S....will make sure this location is never selected again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Darren-Missy
New Jersey
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I have stayed at a few LQ's in the past few years, and this one is OK. We had a "city view" room which really means "parking lot view". The room was very clean, and the only noise we heard was a toilet flushing in an adjacent room. The outside of the hotel was neat, and the ocean side had a very nice courtyard and pool, and access to the beach.

I would note that the room with the ice machine and washing machine reeked of cigarette smoke, like a wet ashtray. We were in the very next room, which did NOT smell. But it was awful to go in there to get ice.

Breakfast was standard - waffles, oranges/apples, breads, cereals, juices. Clean breakfast area, and very nice staff both at check in and check out. For the money it was ok.

Room Tip: floor #2 and oceanview will probably be quieter, since they're farther away from cars/parking lo...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank turtle2373
Pa
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We had no reservation for this area and found this beachfront place very accomodating. It was in a great location nice and quiet, steps to the beach and the rooms were clean for us. For the price you can't beat this inn . We have stayed at other La Quintas in our travels and haven't been disappointed yet The only thing I would change is have a heated pool.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jes317
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daytona Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 5 in Daytona Beach Shores
Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Oceanfront Daytona Beach? Share your experiences!