“happy hour not so happy”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #20 of 377 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We arrived at 6:30 on a Wednesday night. Happy hour was until 7. But ONLY in the bar area. I walked to the bar and order 2 drinks for me and my friend to take back to our table. I was informed that the manager told the bartender I was not allowed to do this and i cant do it again. They were not busy. Whats the big deal? So I was stunned to say the least. The server was very friendly. Bar area was horrible. Wont go back due to stupid rules.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We turned up on a not very busy night, but still had to wait for 20mins for a table. when we arrived at our table there were about 8 free tables, so we weren't sure why we waited. The menu is fairly comprehensive, and the crab and lobster looked great. There are some nice cocktails on the menu too.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Ate at this restaurant mid-July during our one night stop in Daytona Beach.

Came in right after a rain storm, place was busy but we got a table of 3 right away.

Waitress was quick to come by and got our drink orders. Had the landshark I had been waiting for since my last visit to Florida! I had signed up to the Joe's Crab Shack club (or whatever they call it) online and had gotten a coupon for a free apatizer. Waitress took the coupon no problem and we got the Crab Natchos which were huge and really full of yummy crab. For the main, we got the Joe's classic steampot for 2 for the 2 kids and I, and it was outstanding; everything tasted so fresh and juicy, even the sausage was delish!! And just the right amount of food for the 3 of us. Not that we needed it, but we also had the smores desert which was also great, albeit of course very messy. Obviously, not the cheapest place, but found quality and quantity of food was plenty adequate for what we paid. Would return here for sure.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

It was a cold evening, and we weren't that hungry, but we wanted to check the place out, so we sat at the downstairs bar. Some football games were on, so we watched about three of them for about fifteen minutes, hoping for service. After we felt we'd given the two bar keeps enough time, we began to leave. It was only then when one of the bartenders approached us, but we'd made up our minds to go.

On the way out, we noticed that the rooftop bar was open.

It was about 8 o'clock, so we went up there, via elevator, hoping for better service. Actually, for any service at all. When we got up there, we found the bar almost empty, except for three other people. We took seats, and after about five minutes, the bartender appeared. I had a rum runner, and my wife had a beer. My drink was excellent. We ordered these spicy shrimp nachos, which were very good, except they were a little light on the toppings.

We watched the bartender prepare quite a few exotic drinks.

The view of the deck and the ocean from that height were beautiful. We went outside, where they had a fire pit going. Several people were sitting around it, because it was too cold to sit anywhere else. It was nice and warm inside the bar, though.

I'd recommend it, if only for its location, view, and specialty drinks. What food we had was pretty tasty, but sparsely made. I don't know, but either a lot of servers called in sick that night, or they operate with a very small crew.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Pricey-but being right on the pier at Daytona beach is an amazing experience. Our family of 4 all had different buckets of seafood...it was really good! It was a cooler day, so the restaurant and whole area weren't so busy.