“What is not to like?” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #26 of 396 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Canada
“What is not to like?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Truly a beach front spot to just chill and enjoy! Had wonderful hand breaded coconut shrimp meal with terrific fries and very decent white wine on the roof deck right on the ocean. Saw a Right whale breach twice out in the distance, so what is not to like? Very pleasant service. The place was quiet which I loved, but I imagine in season, it is packed. There's a cool fire pit with chairs around it on the roof and the ocean view is spectacular!

• 2 of 5 bubbles

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fun and food with a view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

We were excited about dining on the pier. It was nice to walk from our hotel down the boardwalk to dinner. After about 25 minutes waiting on a table on a Saturday evening, we were seated by a window overlooking the beach and ocean. Loved the birds landing outside of our window on the rail at sunset. We were greeted by our wonderful server Bridgett. She was a delight! We have visited several Joe's Crab Shacks in the past and by far this is our favorite! Hubby chose the grilled salmon with a double side of asparagus. The only complaint was a double order resulted in about six spears which we felt were skimpy. The grilled seasoning on the salmon was great. I chose a house salad and a dozen boiled shrimp. It was boiled and seasoned perfectly. They have great tasting sangria. I had the strawberry peach one. It came with sliced strawberries and peaches. We topped it off by sharing an order of apple crisp with a side of vanilla ice cream for dessert. It was outstanding! We enjoyed our meal at Joe's with a lovely view and service with a smile! Thank you, Bridgett!

Visited May 2013
Cross City, Florida
“Food, atmosphere and drinks are all awesome.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I would recommend. It is located right on the pier, thus has stunning views of the Atlantic. Food was good, but a little pricey. The bloody Mary with a crab leg as a garnish was succulent.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Great food ... Great atmosphere and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We went in a Sunday night. We sat at bar. The bartender was great. Had a dry and funny personality. She even got my husband and I wearing the bids during dinner. We ordered the same steam bucket and she suggested the bucket for two, to save us money. I liked that. The food had great flavor! We ate it all. Atmosphere was fun! Yes a little pricey but you are having crab, ocean front , that is to be expected.. It got busy.... Go early... 5 or so;) I definitely recommend !

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Buffalo, NY
“May I Suggest the Crab?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

You have to have the crab when you go to Joe's Crab Shack. Makes sense. But honestly, I'm too lazy. I love crab, just too much bother for me. So I usually order something else and it usually isn't as good as the crab. The other 2 in my party ordered the Crab Daddy Feast, a steamed pot with 3 different kinds of crab, potatoes and corn for $30.99. But then the waitress made the suggestion that they try the $26.99 Queen instead as it's sweeter. So one of them went with the Queen and the other stuck with the trio. They were both happy. Seems expensive to me, but then they weren't paying! I ordered a trio of shrimp: fried, coconut and crab stuffed. The batters were thick and doughy. Could have used another minute in the fryer. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the coconut shrimp with pineapple plum sauce. The coleslaw was very good (wished there was more of it) and the fries were ok. The place ain't cheap. I would feel better if they threw in a tossed salad and some cornbread but I don't think that's gonna happen. It was surprisingly busy for mid-May and we were quoted a 50 minute wait. They asked for a phone # in order to text us when our table was ready. This I liked very much as it enabled us to take a walk up Main St. and check out the taffy shop. We were called to our table after only 30 mins. Service was a bit slow, dinners took a while to come out and of course took time to crack all those shells so put enough quarters in the meter. If you do drive here there are very few free parking spaces, couple dozen meters and a $10 parking lot. Meters are 15 min for $.25 and the shops will not make change for you.

Visited May 2013