“Daytona Boardwalk”
Review of Joyland Amusements

Joyland Amusements
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I won't return unless someone ties me up and makes me go. Five year old and twelve year old had fun at the arcade, but it was pretty tacky all in all. As we left and walked back toward the restaurant area (Bubba Gump, Johnny Rocket, etc) some visitors were sitting on their hotel balcony. They jumped up and ran to the palm trees in front of their room. I asked them if they had seen a snake, they told me no, they had seen huge rat. Needless to say we left the area before having dinner.

4  Thank GigiFlorida
"boardwalk"
in 10 reviews
"blast"

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in and had a ball in the arcade. Most games are .25 or .50. True, it's a liile stuffy but there's AC near the back. One ticket counter was not operating. Had fun with the skeeball and the staff was super nice and helpful. One man in particular helped my husband with some dice roll game. He said to me, " he works here? Pretty cool that he helped us out! We'll definetly stop by with the kids next summer!

3  Thank didboo
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My 15 year old nephew was bored with the whole playing on the beach thing. He wanted to do something "fun", so off to find go carts we went. We originally thought we would go to the huge complex with the waterpark but they wanted stupid silly money just to get in and then more money to use the go carts. So we came to the boardwalk one. Oh boy, does it look dumpy and dirty and slightly unsafe. The guys bought the one hour pass....we were told that if it rained and they had to shut everything down there were no "rain checks" or refunds.

The go carts are old, the circuit is tiny. The staff were super nice and funny.

The first go around was boring, it was only my husband and nephew. The rest of the time they had several other people on the circuit, so it was more like a race.

The guys go to ride about 5 times, so the one hour pass was a better deal, they had a lot of fun and we had fun watching them and cheering along with the other people who had friends and family "racing". I think you need to go to this type of place and just decide you can have fun and make it what you will.

Even our 7 year old daughter got to ride along in the double car. She loved it.

Don't know if we'd go back, but we do have some fun memories now thanks to that place.

3  Thank cheleusa
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Ferris wheel did not work, roller coaster needed to be pushed to get started, no one manned the kiddie rides my youngest wanted to ride. The arcade was dirty and smelly.

2  Thank HappyTravels411