“Super Karts - Waste of Time”

Speed Park Motorsports
More attraction details
Owner description: Check out the action at the Daytona International Speedway, then pop across the street to this thrill park that offers go-kart and speedster racing to try it for yourself.
Reviewed August 6, 2014

After researching a few go kart places in the area we decided to go here for the super karts. I had been on some of these style go karts back home and really enjoyed it. When we arrived the cashier had us read though the "sign your life away" waiver form and sign it. When we walked outside to find the track we were a little confused on which of the 3 tracks had the super karts. We ended up asking one of the attendants and they helped us find them. While we were waiting, we were getting a little skeptical when we saw the small track and thought about going 45mph around it. The karts performed as advertised, but I started to feel dizzy and motion sick about halfway trough our race. I am not a person that gets motion sick very easily. I think they need to invest in making a larger track for these faster karts. A larger track would provide a much nicer racing experience. I would definitely avoid the super karts unless you have a strong stomach and don't mind driving in a small circle really fast.

3  Thank Mary H
in 13 reviews
in 7 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Went to Speed Park (about an hour ago), and saying "this place was purely a waste of time" is an understatement. My friends and I decided to do the Super Karts (the go carts that are supposed to be awesome & only for adults). It costed about $13 for each of us (pretty high considering we live in Atlanta, where activities like this are high). You would think something that requires you to show ID, wear closed-toe shoes, and sign a waiver giving away your life, would be worth it. NOT! All we did was go in a simple circle over and over and over and...well you get it. The steering wheels were extremely tight to the point that you can't even drive the vehicle. Did I mention that we were driving in a small circle (smaller than the size of a skating rink). If you want a good time and don't have kids (seems like ppl with kids enjoy this place) DON'T COME HERE AND WASTE UNNECESSARY MONEY AT THE SHABBY PLACE BEHIND A TACO BELL.

5  Thank TiaS125
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We went for "family day" on a Thursday. The prices are generally high, but the daily special was $20 for 2 hours unlimited. It wasn't crowded at 1130 and we rode for two hours with basically no waiting. Didn't do the super carts or drag racers which cost additional. The oval track is slow and boring, but the other two tracks were fun. This was a whole lot of carting for $20.

2  Thank Kurt K
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We came here with our 2 boys after we found a groupon for it while we were here for a vacation. Be bought 2 wristbands for all day go carts. The manager Shawn was working the desk when we arrived very friendly. The whole 5 hours we were there he checked on us all afternoon went way above and beyond. The other staff was very helpful and friendly we went back 2 days later. They remembered us from the first visit. We come from a very big tourist area and Shawn made our experience amazing!! One of the best managers at any tourist location. We also remember Christina as she was at the desk after about an hour or so! Very nice and friendly! I read the reviews before going I promise if you've ever gone to a go cart location there isn't much difference other than I thought the staff was great and it wasn't busy so my kids did everything and yes you do spend money but it's the same every tourist place you go. But I felt it was well worth the money I spent as we did spend over a hundred on pizza, beer,drinks, and games. But it was 5 hours of fun!!! And memories for a lifetime!!!!

2  Thank BeccaZ-81
See more reviews
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I usually read reviews on here before we go anywhere! Glad I didn't in this case! My husband insisted on going here after a experience at Daytona Lagoon. By the time my son was done he was beaming!! He had a great time. They even went back a few days later. My preteen was refusing to go because she was ""too mature" for go carts! Needless to say, after her first ride she was hooked and had a great time too. We went during the week and had no issues with wait time or lines. The kids (even my husband) look forward to going back again next year!

2  Thank bilinsky