“VERY IMPRESSED”

Ranked #28 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Moultrie, Georgia
“VERY IMPRESSED”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I was very impressed with this motel. I had no reservations i just came along with some friends
who already had reservations at the Tropical Wind hotel next door. The cove motel had vacancies for my stay 3 nights me and my son. I was pleasantly surprised when Mrs.Jeanette showed me the room. It was very clean and roomy. I enjoyed my stay very much and Mrs. Jeanette was very friendly and helpful. My friends was very pleased with the room also, had more walking space than theirs plus had a patio-in which I really enjoyed. The view was perfect
to me had view of the pool and the ocean what more can you ask for especially for the price that I paid. We come to Daytona Beach nearly every year and was very pleased with this stay. The location was okay alittle farther than expected. Definitely will consider for next year.

Room Tip: The oceanview was kicking-had view of the whole pool and ocean.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank SHELIA H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is ok for the price. First you have construction going on which is ok since they are trying to fix it up. But there is not nearly enough parking for eveyone. We worried many times whether we would have a spot when returning, many people had no where to park. And then you have the pool. Sign says opens at 9. Cleaning is not finished until after 10. However the pool got so dirty every day from sand and they keep it nice and clean. A+ for cleanliness all around. the air conditioning is central air so it was freezing until I figured out how to turn down the fan to a point where the fan wasn't making horrible vibration noises. The shower head needed a deep cleaning with CLR, I have average length hair and it took me 15 minutes just to rinse. THE MANAGER JANET WAS VERY NICE, as was the weekend clerk. Beds were small but comfortable. And the tv is flat screen. The kitchen was nice. There are a few things that need to be fixed but the parking was a big problem for me. Very tight spaces. We got our door dinged within the first hour of being there. On the upside. No bugs spotted at all. Would stay again if the parking was fixed.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sabrina R
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We spent a few nights at The Cove recently for a convention. The front desk woman was very sweet to us! Even hugged goodbye! The room was clean, although not quite to my ocd standard, but clean enough for most. I did check the mattress corners for bed bugs and checked for dust on the headboard, all clear..They showed us 2 rooms to choose from. One was right near the construction going on so we chose the top floor. The view was Amazing!! The beds were ok. With a bad back, I was worried but I slept well!!! Nice to have a full kitchen too. This IS an older motel but they are trying to update it some, thus the construction going on outside. That was a little irritating but they are trying to fix it up so you have to give them a break. The price was great!!!!!! This is definitely not a high class hotel but for the price it was just fine!!! I would recommend it for a few nights. Oh and they gave us a free cot!

Room Tip: If they do not offer, ask to see a couple of rooms to choose from. They are very accommodating!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Debra S
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The hotel is being renovated, this made it look and feel dirty outside. The construction was noisy and messy. The room was clean but very worn and outdated. We could not sit on the balcony because it was so small. The staff was friendly, but I would not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank carol t
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

The woman jenette who works the front desk is very rude and degrading. She only treats the regulars with respect everyone else is looked at as trailer trash. Housekeeping is great very friendly we appreciated all the housekeepers did to make our stay very clean and welcoming.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Hate2complain
Us/Canada
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed the night before memorial day, didn't expect too much. The rate was good and the area was busy during Memorial weekend.
Got the room above the office, has a very comfortable bed, good size studio with a partial view. My room was somewhat updated but from what I heard most rooms gave been fully upgraded.
Right on the beach with a nice pool and BBQ area.

Room Tip: Bring your own booze, no bar or restaurant. :Publix is just North about a 1. miles
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Lorne H
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Read up on several Daytona motels within the $50-$75 range and was most interested in this one since it's right on the beach... plus most the posts on Ridgewood Ave motels sounded pretty much scary and terrible, not something I'd want to experience firsthand! Just the week before I had stayed at another motel (different town) that cost the same as the Cove so I was not expecting much more. Wow, what a world of difference. Given the outside of the motel is not very impressive but the room was great. Having your own view of the ocean, a mini patio and a sliding door to open and get the fresh ocean breeze in was just the beginning. This place is spotless! Bed was super comfortable, linens fresh- I love that they didn't have that gross cover on the bed that everyone just throws off to the floor (this is such an outdated thing why do hotels still do this?) Carpets were spotless, I was not afraid to walk around barefoot- which I have done in hotels triple the price! Bathroom was pretty spacious, shower/tub spic and span and plenty of towels. There is a couch/small living area and a kitchen/dining table area everything was so clean. You also get a full size fridge, mini stove, all your cooking and eating utensils are provided. A smaller flat screen Samsung TV (on a swivel! So you could watch from the bed or table.) I was really, really surprised how much this place gives you for the cost they charge. But overall I am most happy with cleanliness of this place. When you go on vacation but don't want to blow all your money on the hotel- a clean, welcoming place to sleep/eat and relax is the best thing you can hope for. I was really happy I picked the Cove!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo