“AWESOME RESORT! A++++++”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Panama City Beach, Florida
“AWESOME RESORT! A++++++”
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I recently traveled to Daytona Beach and stayed at this amazing property. From the moment I arrived I knew that I had made the perfect decision when I booked my stay here. I arrived late in the evening and the gentleman working at the front desk was extremely friendly and made my check-in effortless. My room was beautiful with a King size bed, small kitchen area with a microwave, full size refrigerator, two burner stove and a sink. There was also a sitting area and table which was perfect for my business needs. The bathroom was exquisite with marble counter tops and a Jacuzzi tub. The pool area was well maintained with lush tropical plants…….needless to say, a perfect place for total relaxation! The food at the restaurant was amazing and fair in price and they also have a Spa. Unfortunately I was not able to indulge at the Spa but I will defiantly return with my family to this wonderful resort! This was a perfect resort at an amazing price and I will return soon! Many Thanks to all the staff at the Daytona Beach Resort for amazing trip!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 1, 2010

well after the oil spill ruined our plans to go to panama city, we were scrambling trying to find a different destination as being we went to myrtle beach last year, so armed with a month to work with we settled on daytona..a lot of the places were booked and there didnt seem to be a lot of nicer ones available, and traveling with 3 adults, and 3 kids 6, 11, 14..took a little bit of work, after picking the DBR, i couldnt find many pictures of the rooms or the floor plans on their website nor trip advisor, and after reading some of the reviews i had mixed feelings, but we found a oceanfront suite with 2 queen beds and a queen sleeper sofa and a kitchenette, we got a great rate for 6 days, upon reading reviews i read that there was an additional resort fee from 12-15 a day, so that was no problem, also there is a 100$ deposit which i read already so it was no problem as well, i recommend paying it in cash so you can get it back as soon as you check out, but overall it was a very nice place they had 4 pools 1 of which was indoors two hot tubs, the bar out side was great with reasonable prices, the restaurant had decent food and prices were again reasonable, the parking garage is one of the best things the acess door to the hotel was right by our room door so unloading and loading was super easy, and your car being cool when you got in was priceless, the places was clean they ad staff painting the halls testing sprinklers, you can see that they take great care of this property, i took a lot of pictures that i am posting to give folks what it looks like, and it was absolutely wonderful, not sure if i will go back to daytona with the limited attractions and things to do there, but if i do i can bet you where ill be staying...DBR

1 Thank dallasj
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Deceptive Marketing is my biggest complaint! We booked the room on Expedia (103/night) only to find when we get there, it's really $115/night with $12/day "Resort Fees". Humm, first time I 've heard that one (use to be phone deposits etc). Then you were told you would get a $50 gift card to spend on the "resort". "Oh no maam', that is only if you did not take the 'discount for the room, And, I am sure you did" he said. Uhh...well yea but the internet ad did not share that part with you. We get to the room, It was hot and muggy,I go to turn the Air on high and it shut off. I went to call the front desk and the phone was dead. Hummm, I thought well maybe they will move us to a room with an actual "balcony" with more than standing room. It was actually more of a 'stoop' half being taken up by the air conditioner unit that did not work! But, no such luck the maintaniance man fixed the air and the phone. We were stuck with the 'stoop' to view the parking lot and a piece of the beach. The book in the room says "Room Service". So we call down for lunch only to find out after the order that you have to go down to the bar and pick it up. My response was "but the book says room service", She says "well, you can call from the ROOM to order it"! I was told it was $25.00 a DAY for two chairs/umbrealla, to find out that price was only good if you pay for 7 days or more. Got a menu slid under the door from Pizza place across the street "free delievery " finally..room service. 20 mins later, I get a phone call " I am in the lobby, come and get it" haha:) No such thing as room service here and it does not deserve the name resort. So they have an overpriced day spa in the lobby...big deal! Thank God I had my buddies and didn't let all this bother me, but would not stay again. One good thing ...the staff was very friendly..."scripted", but friendly none the less.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank lovethebeach00
Reviewed August 1, 2010

My companion and I spent a brief 2 days in daytona after a long expansive vacation that took us from Seattle to las Vegas to Atlanta to Orlando and finally Daytona. When we initially arrived we didn't know where we would stay after seeing all of the worst hotels the beach had to offer it was a relief to arrive at the daytona beach resort. It was clean and a nice modern setup we were sold. The hotel wasn't cheap by any means we spent 300 dollars for two nights and had an extra 100 dollars held for a deposit. The staff were helpful and the bell hop brought us to our room giving us a nice tour of the compound. As we made our way towards our room I was somewhat confused. The hotel tenants seemed somewhat shady and the cleaning staff seemed very blasé. Our room was a studio which was very compact. We enjoyed the facilities pool and and ordered in the first night. The second day we wanted to stay on the beach the entire day we really enjoyed ourselves and when I returned to my room to take my daily medication for my chronic asthma I noticed that our room hadn't been serviced none of the trash receptacals were emptied and the bed wasn't made; but the towels were replenished. After further inspection I realized my medications were all gone at a cost of nearly 200 dollars. We cleaned the room ourselves and searched high and low before we approached the staff mike the manager could only tell me this has never happened before and couldn't I go replace them. After talking to the general manager mike determined it was necessary to file a police report and file a claim with the hotels insurance company. They never offered to comp us anything towards our stay or offered us any restitution. They continued to question me rather than staff even implying at one point that this may have happened to me before. I was incredibly disappointed in the lack of concern for my health this wasn't a watch or a few dollars or camera this was my wellbeing. We checked out first thing in the morning and I'm currently waiting for the general manager to call me. Finally I just wanted to mention to any person of color that the racial tension could be cut with a knife. A woman yelled at her son to get out of the hot tub now even when she was getting ready to get in herself as soon as my boyfriend and I approached the hot tub to get in. I also had a older white male tell me I was beautiful for a colored girl (WTF). Ratio was 95:5

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank ZakiyaL86
Ormond Beach
Reviewed July 31, 2010

My family and I are locals. We reside in Ormond Beach, FL. Unfortunately due to the economy we could not afford our usual summer vacation. So instead we decided to have a mini vacation here in town. Let's just say, we felt as if we were really on vacation. Not only was the room comfortable. But the service provided to us was AWESOME!!! Everyone was very professional and very prompt. Especially a bellman named Tim. Unfortunately my husband was not with me at the time of check in, so I had to unload everything on my own with 3 small childern. Seeing me struggle in the parking garage with many many bags, a playpen and a huge suitcase Tim insisted on helping without me even asking and me telling me I could do it. (I guess its a pride thing) He kept insisting. Honestly, I dont think I could have done it without his help. He went over and beyond his job duty to make sure we got settled in properly. Ans at that moment I knew it was oing to be a good stay at the resort. If someone reads this that works at the resort please give him recognition for he is a very good employee. Overall, this was the best mini vacation I have ever taken. And my kids had the best time ever. I would definately stay at the Daytona Beach Resort again in the future... Thnak you again to the resort and staff for the wonderful stay..

Ash Flat, Arkansas
Reviewed July 18, 2010

When I booked the 2nd half of our vacation for DBR, I was slightly nervous because we had never been to that area and I knew nothing about the resort. I also was wondering what kind of accomidations we would have for the price I had paid. We travelled with two teens and a five yr old, so five people total. Check-in was easy and very pleasant. The desk workers were very friendly and eager to make not just me but other guests happy and relaxed. They told us what attractions surrounded us, great local places to eat (we tend to like eating local over chain restaraunts) and encouraged us to ask them for any other recommendations that we would like. My daughter (16) and I went to the spa and took advantage of their special being offered. GREAT VALUE. Kevin and the girls did all they could to make sure we were smiling and relaxed. I was somewhat surprised at how flexible their hours were at the spa to accomidate guests. We were very pleased with our room. PLENTY of room for our whole brood. I agree with another reviewer that the beds were very comfortable and actual queen beds. Everything was very clean and none of that musty smell that ocean rooms have often. I also liked the quality of guests they seemed to have - yes, I'm a people watcher. A very good variety. Lots of teens (there was a church youth group there at the same time), good mix of adults with children, and a few younger college age people. But everyone was very friendly and respectful of each other which is important to people like myself that was travelling as a family with children. I never noticed any guests complaining or with looks of dismay. You couldn't ask for better views of the ocean if you book an ocean front room. The beaches were clean. Very little traffic to be open to cars - only one I saw the whole time was a beach patrol truck. We never got a chance to try the hotel bar/cafe but I noticed people inside eating at different times. The pools were clean and well maintained. Never had any problems with the elevators which is surprising for how much teen traffic was on them. The laundry facilities were clean. I honestly cant think of one thing that was negative. Our neighbors were rather noisy, but that wasnt a resort issue. And their kids were young and just excited about vacation. I dont blame them. =) I hope to get to go back for a Daytona visit again and stay at DBR.

North Arlington, New Jersey
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I stayed at the Daytona Beach Resort with my boyfriend and 2 boys 9 and 11. While it was in the middle of winter, it was pretty nice out for us "new jersey folk" who were coming from VERY cold temperaturese. The location was absolutley SPECTACULAR and literally ON the beach! Nice place - clean. However, some of the staff were not too friendly and not too eager to please. Overall though, nice time.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family