“Customer Service is Alive and Well at DBR”

Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #14 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family had to divert to daytona beach from PCB at last minute do to bad weather. I emailed DBR and next day received reply concerning my requests. Maria from reservations took great care of me, getting me booked into 2 Oceanfront King JR Suites. She gave me an excellent rate through her manager for the whole week and was even able to get us checked in one night early because we arrived early and all this during the Coke Zero 400. The next day after we checked in., Maria was kind enough to call to ask how we liked our rooms.They have the most comfortable King beds, I've ever slept in.. I wanted to take it home with me. We were very pleased. We were met with the same Customer service from their Reflections dining room and Bar. The hotel is kept immensely clean and decorative. They went out of their way for us when we had any questions regarding items we needed. You will not find another resort or hotel that will take care of you like they did for us and we travel often. Because of their service to us we will be visiting them multiple times in the year.
I would like to take note to the adverse comments regarding their Tiki Bar prices. In all my travels, within any hotel or casino, I found their drinks to be priced accordingly. You have to remember this is a resort and your able to move about with your drinks. I thought the pricing was fair and the service was great. Anyways. This is a vacation spot and to make a desirable location you have to price accordingly and here you get more than what you have to pay for and we are pleased to say, Thank you, DBR. We will see you again soon.

Room Tip: If your willing to spend a few more dollars, I highly recommend asking for the King Jr suite in from...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed there with a group. Positives - sheets were high quality and beds very comfortable, pretty view of the ocean from a partial ocean view room, pools big and clean. Negatives- not enough towels in the room for number of people and at times there were no towels left after cleaning, the legs on a bed broke one night and we found out that there were no maintenance men or managers on the property or on call after 11 at night. There was nothing they could do but sleep on it like it was. The kitchen not stocked very well - one bowl, about 6 spoons, etc. Elevators pretty slow.
There was one really nice man at the front desk - I wish I remembered his name but the rest of the time they were not very helpful. The towels were a major problem every day. If they could improve the service, this could be a nice place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our stay at Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center was a very unpleasant experience. We were very disappointed with our stay. The hotel standard was that of a motel. The hotel was run down. The furniture was old and dirty. The kitchen was not equipped. There was no soap dish in the bathroom which very unhygenic and when I asked for one, none got delivered. Manager was friendly and tried to help. The room was next to a walkway so was very noisy.There was cockroaches in the room. When we booked the hotel on line for a beach front room, it showed a private balcony but when we got our room, the balcony was a shared with the whole floor. When we spoke to the manager and told him that we had paid for a private balcony, he said that the photo's on the website was of the new section of the hotel and rooms provided depend on availability. So I told him that the advertising is misleading. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It took away from the experience of standing in our balcony and enjoying the ocean breeze.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was VERY disappointed with the room. I booked a king suite with Ocean Front through expedia. I pre-paid and it cost me ~$740 for 3 nights. Based on my husband’s previous stay there and the photos I was excited. As it turns out they have a less than desirable portion of their hotel. This is what appears to be the older section. The room wasn't very clean, it looks really old and dingy. The balcony was shared...so you walk in like a MOTEL! My husband smokes and was told he couldn’t on this shared balcony. Really small bathroom that wasn’t even stocked with towels, I had to call. I called to switch rooms and they claimed they were booked. They said they could only guarantee the King Ocean Front. It was NOTHING like the photo I booked from. On the other hand, the actual amenities were delightful. They did charge me another $16 a day for those, but it was a nice establishment overall. They need to tear down the old part or offer it for motel rates as that was exactly what it was like.

Room Tip: I would suggest you call them directly and specifically request a room above floor 5.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a great time at this resort. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. There was plenty of room around the pools to relax, if you didn't want to hang out on the beach. The standard king room was very clean, but a little small. We were a little surprised that we did not have a private balcony with our oceanfront room, but that was our only complaint.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We spent 6 night in this hotel and it has good points and bad.
When we arrived at the hotel we were told we would have to leave a $100.00 deposit to make sure we did not damage the room. My wife and I are in our 50's not sure why they wanted a deposit.
The house keeping in this hotel is poor at best who ever cleans your room doesn't even clean the coffee pot for you or run a vacuum on the floor.
When we left my bill for two nights was $99.00 more then the other nights and when I questioned the night clerk he said there was nothing he could do.
There was a few roaches running around the hall on our floor and looked like a vacuum had not been run in the halls for days. They have a beach bar there with 2 tv's that do not work because from what we were told the owner did not want to spend the money on them.
Now for the good points
The beach bar is a plus the two guys behind the bar were very professional and a pleasure to hang out with.
The inside bar and dinning area was also nice with a great friendly staff with great food.
The pools are clean as is the gym.
The beach was very clean.
If you stay here make sure you get the complete price up front.

Room Tip: Make sure you check out the room and if there are any problems go down to the front desk fast
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GREGG W
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel was overall a nice stay. The staff was just great. The person who checked me in was super sweet. I stayed in room 815 & my only complaint is the smashed bugs along the ceiling. I enjoyed the Malibu bucket at the pool side when the kids swam.. Not as far the boardwalk as I thought. We stayed here because my husband and son went to NASCAR race at Daytona speedway.

• Stayed: July 2013