“Never again!”

Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband & I spent a weekend here and I could not begin to tell you how terrible it was! First off we asked for an early check in and we were sent to the pool bar to wait..as if that was going to make everything okay. We weren't able to check in uuntil well after three o clock! The bartender was absolutely awful! Her name was Cassie. She was just snoody and just plain out rude! It was so slow & it took forever for her to get us a drink. I felt as if we were bothering her. I believe it was the manager that came out to talk with her. She had short light brown hair maybe? Very light skinned..she actually interrupted us while we were ordering, as if what she had to say was more important. The entire mood of the bar was changed when she stepped inside. My husband & I never came back to the pool bar in fear of having another in counter with Cassie or the ice queen. We did try for a late breakfast one morning and Val was our server. We still could not get away from Cassie. There she was prancing inside the restaurant door with some loud obnoxious thing on wheels, it could not have been more rude. I could not wait to leave the restaurant. Val was also terrible. We both received food in which was totally wrong in every way possible..we ate it anyways and decided not to give the restaurant another shot. This was my third stay at the resort. I was very that I did not see the two bartenders Jason & Paige that had previously served me. They were so much fun the last time we decided to book an extra night. I'm not sure what sort of change this hotel is going through but everything we experienced was not up to our liking. I can tell you that everyone at the front desk was very pleasant. I think his name was mike, he may have been the manager..he went above and beyond for us after our early check in was such a bust. He was absolutely wonderful! The room was exceptional. Clean with the occasional palmetto bug, but we also live in Florida so we understand it's out of the hotels control.

Room Tip: Hire help that can at least pretend that they want to be there and enjoy there job!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike K, General Manager at Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Our goal at The Daytona Beach Resort is to exceed guest expectations in our service delivery. I am sorry to hear that we did not a meet that goal during this visit. We always try our best to honor requests of early check-in. However, our ability to honor such requests depend a great deal on the occupancy the night prior to arrival. That is why we cannot guarentee room availability before our published check-in time of 4:00 pm. Comments regarding the service in at the bar and restaurant have been addressed with the service staff identified and corrective measures have been taken.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Had a wonderful weekend visit, more than I expected, 3 outside pools and 1 indoor pool. Spacious unit with kitchen was perfect for in-room breakfast. They have a restaurant and pool side bar and food service. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 1helpfultraveler
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is our 2nd visit to the DBR
stayed one month,
great hotel, near access to the beach
beautiful beach
3 swimming pool, internet
Near everything: restaurant, pharmacy, grocerie shop ( across the street)
staff at the front desk were very pleasant and frendly
Specially chelsea, she is the best at the front desk, Always smiling and polite very kind
i will go back soon

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Roger340
Mike K, General Manager at Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Roger, thank you for your comments. I have shared your comments with Chelsea, she does a fine job for us. She is attending BCU majoring in thier Hospitality Program. We appreciate your patronage and we look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at this resort for the Labor Day weekend. All in all we had a nice time but this property could take some tips from some of the Hilton Grand Vacation properties we have stayed at in the past. The property was not as clean as it could have been , for example there was a red Solo cup in one of the elevators that stayed there for 2 days before it was cleaned up. The doors to the lobby were filthy and filled with smudges and hand prints, same for the elevators. When we got back to the property from dinner one evening we were greeted by an obviously intoxicated young lady from ther balcony with a megaphone screaming at everyone that it was her birthday while you tried to get into the resort from the parking lot. The pool restrooom had one of the toilet paper dispensers ripped off the wall and was absolutely filthy, our room smelled like mildew, and really could have used some updating. I did get a service at the spa and the nicest way I can phrase it is that it was really lacking in professionalism and service level. While the service I had was satisfactory, the staff at the spa itself could use some polish. Also, there really should be a changing area with towels, lockers, etc. I feel like having to go across the lobby to the public restroom before my treatment sort of takes away from the experience. I can't even tell you the name of my thearapist because she never introduced herself to me. The in house restaurant was horrible, I would not recommend the breakfast buffet to anyone, ever. We didn't dare attempt another meal on property after that experience. On the plus side, the pools were great, very family friendly and they offered a ton of activities for families throughout the day. They offered a Luau that sounded like a great time, but we were weary of the food after our breakfast experience, so we did not try it. All in all not a horrible experience, but we will probably not be back.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank abragl
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We loved the view from our room and liked the location. Close to downtown but not right in the middle of it so it was pretty quiet. Didn't find it to be very clean but it was average. Very small fitness room.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Danielle C
Reviewed August 21, 2012

this is a nice hotel the team members are very nice to me this is one of the nicest hotel i stayed at in the area this hotel is a little bit out of the pier area nice quiet area there is a Publix across the street (supermarket) i can't say anything about dining but the food looks very good we had virgin Pina coladas from the poolside bar (they do serve Non virgin Pina coladas and other drinks) there is a indoor pool + 2 outdoor pools + a kiddie pool. the indoor pool is there for nothing because its closes when thunder storms happen the coach and the one seater sofa were very un comfortable place some blankets on them so overall if i could give it a 3 half i would

Room Tip: if you don't want an outdoor hallway get a suite it's worth the little extra cost
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

DBR is located right on the beach in Daytona and has fairly spacious rooms. Each room has a kitchenette as well as couch and beds. The bathroom was huge! The two pools are wonderful and located right on the beach. The bar and grill is great. The hotel also has a spa, which we did not use when we stayed there as it was little bit pricey. Family and couple friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean have a great view!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family