“The room smelled like a mix of pee and mildew.”

Boardwalk Inn and Suites
Ranked #41 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Stuart, Florida
“The room smelled like a mix of pee and mildew.”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was on vacation with my girlfriend and looked at some of the reviews online and it seemed like it would be a decent place to stay. Wow was I wrong. It was so ghetto, all the guest looked like they were hanging out on the balconies drunk. The guests were having BBQ's on the balcony, this is an extreme safety hazard. The room was completely filthy. There were huge holes in the rugs and stains everywhere. The workers were rude and they never came to fix any of the 8 light bulbs that were out. The room smelled like a mix of pee and mildew. We had to call Hotels.com and they ended up switching us to the Hilton. Even though I had to pay almost double, it was well worth in. I would never go back.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank lavigeboy27

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I recently visited this hotel and was disrespected in every way by housekeeping staff and front desk clerk, Other than that the Ocean view appearance of the beach in the room and the relaxation of the beach and jacuzzi I enjoyed. the room had dusty floors, bad smell I had to get room freshener to have fresh air smell, in the room. The environment is what it is, "historical" and old buildings seeking no renovation. But the luxury of the beach, shoppes and pier is what make the tourist attracted, with all that said, PLEASE "THINK" about making sure you get a room that will be comfortable and respectful enough for you and your family to enjoy for you and your family's money and time.

Room Tip: Make sure for the time and money you invest in wanting a relaxing and comfortable trip for you or fa...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tyoung45

Travelers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Newly remodeled, front desk staff very helpful. I saw housekeeping cleaning other rooms and they had the beds completely pulled out away from the walls so maybe practices have changed from what past reviewers experienced- we didn't see any roaches thank goodness. A few cons- the smell of the stuff they cleaned with was really overpowering, the bathroom was really really dark and the pull-out couch was terrible. It needs to go to the dumpster

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Price was good, room looked nice, great ocean view ,but the roaches ran rapid, apparently telling the front desk about it was offensive to him,anyway they moved us from 3rd floor to 5th. My husband waited till myself and kids went to bed and went down to the beach, drank a few beers.. Went to come back in and his key wouldn't work. So he went to the front desk.. The man behind the desk took it upon himself to deactivate our keys because he didn't approve of my husband leaving his family to go to the beach! REALLY! He told my husband he was the cockroach! I can't believe we were treated so poorly! We payed the money to stay! Whether he agrees or disagrees with my or my husbands decisions its none of his business..unless we are harming others or the place, he needs to keep his opinions to himself! Obviously NEVER AGAIN would I consider this place!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Chewiekirby
Longwood, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2013

What a fantastic hotel for a family! My grandchildren range in age from 2 to 13. They all had fun in the pool area where there was an umbrella shape with water coming out the edges as well as a hot tub.With a breakfast buffet that had a wide variety of food fron eggs to pancakes included you cannot find a better deal anywhere. The room had large windows from almost floor to ceiling and the view was amazing. It was also nice not to have to worry about the little ones on a balcony! I highly recommend spending a little more for a full suite which comes complete with a stove. It is a short walk to the Daytona Beach Pier where you can hear a concert and see fireworks every Saturday night at the old bandshell. From the pool area you can walk directly down to the beach too. A friendly staff from those at the desk, to security to those keeping your room clean. If you have a family you need to make The Boardwalk Inn & Suites your Daytona Beach destination! I will be returning in a couple of months with other grandchildren for sure!!
(Great store just across the street for souvenirs at a reasonable price without crossing a main street!)

Room Tip: Ask for a room or suite facing the beach! 4th floor is the best!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KikiD178
Reviewed September 3, 2013

First off the parking is ridiculous, we entered our rooms and started to get ready for dinner but the kitchen only had 1 fork 1 plate a couple of bowls maybe a glass or 2 then after when I got up late night to get a drink of water and turn on the lights roaches was all over the kitchen floor. I call the front desk at once. They move me to the 5th floor the room seem better but same results as far as the dishes and silverware. Well the day it rain and the window had a very very bad leak which left a puddle in the middle of the floor. So they brought me towels and ask me to stack them in front of the window. Oh I forgot the microwave didn't work In the first room. Then I went to use the bathroom and the toilet handle was broken. They did come Everytime we called the front desk but they tried to say the roaches was palmetto bugs which I'm 42yrs old I know a roach when seen. These was rooms 304 and 502 great view but many problems would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Willtita
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family and I decided to go down to Daytona for Labor Day weekend. My room was clean upon arrival. After taking a shower and turning on the lights ROACHES scattered everywhere. The front desk clerk tried to tell us they were "Palmetto Bugs" but they were roaches. Then they moved us to another room which was clean but when it rained we got soaked. Lastly couldn't use the utensils because they didn't have but one fork in the room. So we decided to eat out but if you subtract the hotel from our trip it was a blast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Lexington Inn & Suites
Lexington Inn & Suites
#12 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores

Been to Boardwalk Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!