“Pleasantly surprised.”

Boardwalk Inn and Suites
Ranked #44 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was a bit worried after reading some of the reviews on this hotel but I was Pleasantly surprised when we got there. The check in was nice and easy, as far as people saying the staff is rude I didn't think so everyone seems fine to me . We got a ocean front Double which was clean and in my opinion look remodeled the view was beautiful . We didn't use the pool or hot tub but it looks nice to me . The breakfast was nothing to write home about but who cares I didn't come for the breakfast . The location is prefect close to everything. I would stay here again . It was a good week stay .

Room Tip: If you have more than two People book a suite
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed in an ocean front room on the 5th floor. Beautiful view of the ocean, beach and Daytona's Historic Pier, not to mention, the morning sunrise! The room was large and comfortable. Some modern touches, good WI FI connection, easy access to elevator for loading and unloading the car. The pool was nice but the spa not so inviting, both were steps from the sand which was very convenient. The front desk staff was very helpful and the maid service excellent, also the hot breakfast was an added bonus! The rates were reasonable and we had a very nice time!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I would not suggest staying at this motel at all! There is absolutely nothing nice I can say about it except that it was a roof over our heads while it rained. Dirty, outdated, didn't seem safe. Parking is ridiculous. We parked in the underground area so we didn't have to leave our car keys at the front desk so they could move our car. If the rooms are renovated...ours wasn't and we paid for an ocean front room. The patio door didn't lock, but they did come fix it. The room smelled. Just find somewhere else. I would suggest somewhere by Oceanwalk. Daytona is very run down.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stephanie R
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our family of 4, Mom, Dad, 15 year old and 18 year old spent a night here. The room fit our needs, with a king bedroom and a queen bed in the "living area" there was also a pull out bed but we did not use it. The location is directly on the beach and our room overlooked the pool. Great people watching. The room was fine, a little rough around the edges, but a full size fridge and oven in the kitchen area. The bed was comfy. Free breakfast was Ok, we didn't have a problem with parking but looks like it could be an issue. Pool looks a little murky, there is a hot tub too, we didn't use either but a lot of people were out there. For the price and being right on the beach it was great.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank laurasonvacation
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We enjoyed this place this was a family vacation my husband and our children enjoyed it the room was a little small but nice just like pictures I read a few bad reviews and was skeptical of booking but everything was nice the location is awesome room was updated and clean parking could be better elevator could of been faster but all minor compared to how lovely our stay was and my daughters loved the cereal for breakfast and making there own waffles pool and hot tub and deck was awesome! mushroom wasn't on my kids enjoyed the beach and totally didn't care sincerely we will be back next year!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank MzAshAB
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Hotel claims to be newly renovated. Maybe some rooms. My room was very old. Wall air conditioners made it cool in only part of the room. Rear window had cables across it on the outside of the windows. Furniture and beds very dated.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Don Z
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed for 1 night in June on our trip to Florida, our room overlooked the beach, was a good size, but the floor had fine sand over it, which needed a good clean. Air conditioning in the room was adequate, but a little noisy. Breakfast was ok, but there was no air conditioning in the room, which was hot and uncomfortable, with limited seating. The parking arrangements were a little strange, but parking is of a premium in the area and a bonus to have. The location is ideal for the beach and to the boardwalk area of the town.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the sea view, you avoid the noise from the traffic on the busy road at the fr...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple