“Excellent Restaurant”

Chucherias Hondurenas
Ranked #1 of 376 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We invite to explores Chef Mayra Rodriguez bring Daytona Beach a difference in traditional Latin and Spanish cooking. By combining modern techniques with fresh ingredients, Chef Mayra presents her personal recipes in Honduran food with finesse. Extend to our Spanish dishes such as Octopus directly from Spain and conch directly from the Honduran Bay Islands. While you dine in our Historic Market building from the 20's era, walk through our courtyard and listen to the best in contemporary Spanish guitar. Enjoy the open fire during the winter months! Buen provecho..
Warner Robins, Georgia
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

During our vacation we used trip advisor to guide us to places to eat. This was rated highly so we went. Definitely a place to try while you are in Daytona. It's a little ways off the main strip but definitely worth it. We had the octopus appetizer which honestly wasn't to our taste (the octopus itself) but we still ate it since the potatoes and vegetables were sauteed perfectly. I had the True Honduran (steak, plantains, rice, beans) and my girlfriend had tilapia/shrimp. Both were without flaw which to me in itself makes most restaurants worth eating in. The atmosphere is great and the night we were there a young man played acoustic guitar and it really added to the ambiance of the place.

2 Thank Keith J

Orlando, Florida
“Yummy food”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time at the new location, we were surprised. The place is very pretty, probably one of Daytona's nicest restaurants.
The food was great, i do wish they had a lunch menu. I cant spend $11-15 for lunch everyday.
But it was really tasty!

1 Thank DMGZ
Ormond Beach, Florida
“" Could Not Resist "”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Another visit to this unique dinning experience that makes this trip better than before. The food is superb, the setting is cozy, the staff is so pleasant and attentive, it reminds me of the " day when."
Sometimes you find the just right place that fits your fancy. This is one of mine. Jaun sets the stage for a fine performance that makes you want to come back for the unusual and delightful treasures that are served for your pleasure. To insure your visit, come early or maybe a little later than the normal times. This is a busy place during the normal hours. Unique is the word, so if you like something different, come to the Chucherias Hondurenas.

Palm Coast, Florida
“Great Food....service needs some work”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The FLAVORS of the food served here are REALLY GOOD! We happened to get a young server who appeared new. She barely knew the menu and some of the basic ingredients when asked. We had to ask her what the specials were etc... Bottom line, she wasn't ready to be on the floor serving be herself. If you're in a hurry....this is not the place. If you have 90 to 120 minutes to enjoy a great tasting meal of a different cuisine, you won't be disappointed.This was my second visit and Yes I will be back...this week in fact.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank 04HarleyDrummer
Port Orange, Florida
“Excellent food! Beautiful location!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This restaurant is located in a beautiful building and overlooks a very pretty courtyard. The stone walls and wood beam ceiling add to the very warm and inviting ambiance. I went for lunch with a few friends and we all agreed that we will return...very very soon!! The food is this restaurant's best quality. From the complimentary bowl of soup to start (we had a delicious lentil soup), to the entrees which are flavorful and plentiful, to the sweet little complimentary cookies at the end (did I mention they are filled with dulce de leche?)...the flavors and freshness came through...very authentic, mouthwatering, delightful. Just writing about it makes my mouth water! Two things prevented me from givin this restaurant an excellent rating - the service was very slow to start...we sat...and sat... and sat and were not greeted or acknowledged - that for me is a huge turn-off. Second negative, I was charged $28.00 more than my total amount on my bill so for a $14.91 total, my credit card company was charged $32.91. I called the restaurant and spoke to the manager and he told me it would be taken care of; and I hope it is...soon!

• Visited May 2014