“Disappointed”
Review of Ocean Walk Village

Ocean Walk Village
Ranked #34 of 115 things to do in Daytona Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: This four-story, 110,000-square-foot shopping and entertainment complex includes two hotels, a state-of-the-art movie theater and Adventure Landing waterpark, and provides access to the area's only traffic-free beach.
Bowling Green, Ohio
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed January 20, 2011

We didn't know this place was so tiny. We went early to see a movie at the cinema. There are a couple gift and clothing shops - clones of every other similar shops. We ended up killing time with coffee and newspaper at Starbucks. We were not there to eat but I see people like Gumps. We tried the one on Times Square in NYC and were not impressed. Was like the McDonalds of seafood.

1 Thank bsmith45

Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“SO-SO”
Reviewed September 22, 2008

An okay place, nothing great. This was a quick getaway as my DH had a tennis match in Daytona. We got a great price ($110) on ebay for a 1 bedroom deluxe. The room was spacious with full kitchen, bedroom and living room. The problem is the pool is too- too small for the amount of people/rooms!! We arrived and could not even get a seat on the pool deck. Had to get up early the next day to hold a seat with a towel. The beach is hard grey stuff, nothing compared to the gulf coast! The mall?, I really would not call it a mall, 2 stores and a couple of restaurants! My advice would be if you could get a great price (not thru their website!) maybe thru ebay or homeaway.com it might be worth it for a short trip otherwise got to disney or the Gulf Coast!

litesalt
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Offers only about thirty minutes of entertainment...”
Reviewed September 18, 2008

Ocean Walk Village definitely has some potential, but it hasn't quite made it yet. I always enjoy the opportunity to visit Starbucks and Cold Stone Creamery, but these definitely aren't enough to make me come visit. Leave that to Bubba Gump's Shrimp Co., one of the major anchors for the shopping center. (Reviews can be found under the restaurant's own entry.)

The other would be the movie theater, which offers the side benefit of giving you three hours of free parking if you watch a movie. There's also something advertising itself as the Bazaar Shoppes, but when I visited, there was nothing but empty booths and a mini mart -- in fact, I thought it was under renovation, but the automatic doors were unlocked, so I guess I was supposed to be in there.

Go if you're bored, but don't have overly high expectations. This is a shopping center, not a mall.

2 Thank litesalt
Raleigh, NC
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“this place sucks if you looking for anything more than bubba gumps.”
Reviewed August 29, 2007

okay, this place is four stories of nothing!!! There are a few resturants (including bubba gumps...which is lame - COME ON PEOPLE!!!) you have to pay to park...thinking that you are about to visit some sorta ocean front mall/plaza. it's not. it's got a theater...but who wants to see a movie while on vacation. This was a complete waste of time.

3 Thank tybeehilton
Saint Louis, Missouri
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“What a fun place”
Reviewed April 3, 2007

My husband and I were able to have a night out for dinner away from the 4 teens we were with for the week, and we decided to go to Bubba Gumps so we could just walk there and not have to drive- knowing we were going to be having some tasty cocktails. What a great choice. The food was awesome. I had the Mahi Mahi in Bourbon sauce and it was excellent! The bartender had told me it was his favorite dish there.
the atmosphere is fun and the service is great. they have a great choice of fun drinks too. I would recommend this place to everyone-- couples and families alike.

5 Thank Julia R