“great room and delicious food”

Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport
Ranked #25 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Savannah, Georgia
“great room and delicious food”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Great for the money! My room was excellent: clean, updated modern, well decorated with a comfortable bed. Don't miss "The Bistro" in the lobby. James, the chef, makes a killer Asian Chicken Salad! (For those of you who like salads, it includes Chili Lime, Vinaigrette with cucumbers, scallions and peanuts), then there's the mouth watering Turkey BLT on Sourdough Sandwich. I recommend both. The hotel is conveniently located in Daytona near the Airport, Speedway and Daytona State College. Kudos to all the staff I ran into during my stay: they were all friendly and helpful. Will I stay there again? Absolutely.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Greetings from Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport! My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for this hotel. I wanted to thank you for choosing Marriott for your trip to the Daytona Beach area and also thank you for taking the time to put these great comments on TripAdvisor!

We do pride ourselves on providing great experiences for our guests, which includes customer service, room quality, cleanliness, food & beverage, and more. I am happy to hear that all your experiences, including the Bistro, were excellent.

The next time you are in the Daytona Beach area, please visit us again. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Alex Freid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed August 12, 2014

My family and I recently stayed at the Marriott Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. We were in town for a funeral that was to begin at 11am. We arrived at the site at 930am. (not knowing if we'd be able to check in or not) Front desk staff at the time of my check-in, was very helpful. She got us into a room right away allowing us to change for the service. This was very generous of her being that check-in ti e was actually 3pm. Hotel was clean, lobby very presentable, excellent location, pool very clean and well lit, 24 hours fitness center and the price for a suite was amazing. If ever in the area, your stay here will be amazing! Staff was very knowledgeable and welcoming!!!

Room Tip: Suites are large!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us while traveling with your family to the Daytona Beach area. We know there are many hotels with which to choose, and we are very thankful to be given the opportunity to take care of your family while on the road.

At Marriott, we hire only the very best associates, including our Housekeeping team, Maintenance team, Food & Beverage team, and Front Office team. From your explanation in your review of our hotel, it appears that you were able to experience the services from each and every one of our departments.

Again, thank you for your business. Please visit us again soon when you are visiting the Daytona Beach area. We look forward to serving you!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We booked through Expedia and was disappointed with the size of the room. Clearly not the hotels fault. The description did not match, but Maria and the Hotel manager Marrieta were excellent in accommodating us. We ended up staying another day. The pool and spa area was nice to relax in after running around all day seeing Daytona. We lovvvvved it!!!

Room Tip: If you can get one of the 1 bedroom suites it is well worth it if you need space.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Greetings...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you during your recent visit to the Daytona Beach area. Also, thank you for taking time out of your day to write us such a great review on TripAdvisor.com.

I am sorry to hear that the room was not to your expectations based upon what was listed on Expedia.com. However, I am very pleased to hear that our team was able to deliver a product to you that was to your liking.

Again, thank you for your business. When you are visiting the Daytona Beach area in the future, please visit us again! We look forward to serving you in the future!

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We are a mature couple who travel often for pleasure both overseas as well as in the US and just returned from he drive home after our two day vacation. We absolute enjoyed our stay at the Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway / Airport which is quiet, immaculate and centrally located away from crowded hotels on the beach.

Stayed in a King Suite on the second floor. It was spacious, spotless and quite roomy! The room had a refrigerator, a microwave, two sinks and even a bar sink! The pool was actually bigger than it appeared in the photographs.

We slept soundly and the mattress reminded me of our memory foam mattress at home but only softer! The blanket was the perfect thickness and weight for Florida!

Courteous and welcoming, the staff was timely in handling requests such as early check-in, and we must commend the hotel for keeping the rooms up to date as well as how clean the housekeeping staff cleaned the rooms. Parking is easy and very convenient to the hotel entrance.

Room Tip: Half of the room face out towards quiet tree-lined streets; the other half face the pool and courty...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you so much for taking time to give us this wonderful review on TripAdvisor.com!

Our team in Courtyard Daytona Beach is committed to ensuring our guests have a fantastic stay with us as well as get the information they need to fully enjoy the Daytona Beach area. I am happy to hear that the service you received, from Housekeeping to Front Desk, was every bit what you had expected and more. I will be sure to share your comments with our team to show them first-hand how their efforts pay off for our guests!

Again, thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Please come visit us again soon! We look forward to serving you in the future!

Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stay for three days at this fantastic hotel, everything was perfect. The people at the front desk very friendly , breakfast excellent, rooms very clean and nice decorated.
We were playing in a USTA tournament and we booked the hotel for three nights. Last match as at 12 noon and they were SOOOOOOOOOOO nice to let us check out later to have the time to take a shower before the trip

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Greetings!

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. I wanted to thank you for staying with us and also for taking the time out of your busy day to write this great review on TripAdvisor.com!

I am very happy to hear that our team provided you the service you come to expect out of a Marriott hotel. We work very hard at ensuring all of our guests' needs are met, and that we do so with a smile. I hope your tennis matches ended equally as enjoyable!

Please come back and visit us again soon! We look forward to serving you in the future!

Philadelphia
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My son is doing the "college tour" so we are traveling to many towns for the first time. I picked this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews and the fact that we're Marriott Reward members. Everyone here was so nice and helpful!

We came in the night before our Embry-Riddle tour. We started with a FREE airport shuttle by calling the front desk from our gate. I had called them the day before and they assured me I could get everywhere without a rental car. That was true! Check in was a breeze and the hotel was clean, airy and not very busy. I liked the lounge decor of the large lobby with couches, big screen TV, fireplace (in FL?) and business center for printing our boarding passes.

Our room was ready and roomy for mom, dad and teen son. We even got a balcony.

We asked the nice front desk lady for a dinner suggestion as we wanted to see Daytona Beach.
With that in hand, we took the free shuttle, again, to the Embry-Riddle campus, to get our bearings and first impression for the next day. We stayed two hours and called a taxi for our 15 minute drive to the ocean.

The city of Daytona Beach, on a Sunday night, was beautiful and we ate at Rossellini's (136 S Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach) for a wonderful white-table cloth Italian dinner. We walked along the beach and played a few games in the arcade (even 17 year olds can't resist an old-fashioned arcade)

Later that night my son used the workout room at the hotel. We were up and early the next morning, called down for the free shuttle and were off to the campus a mile away. We kept our bags at the front desk. Called the shuttle later in the day, picked up our bags and were dropped off at the Daytona airport. Simple, inexpensive and quite pleasant!!

Thank you to the front desk managers on Sunday and Monday - we will be back if he chooses that school. I also got a college room-discount when I mentioned the reason for our trip. Nice!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Greetings!

My name is Alx Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for choosing Marriott for your recent trip to Daytona Beach and thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review on TripAdvisor.com!

I am happy to hear that your expectations were met, even exceeded, with regards to our hotel's convenience to all areas in Daytona Beach as well as our fantastic Associates. We pride ourselves on making sure all of our guests leave with having a very pleasant experience. I am happy to hear that you had such an experience.

Please come visit us again when/if your son decides to attend Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. We look forward to serving you again in the very near future!

Neptune Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying only one night this time :-( wish we could have stayed longer!
Im terrible with names, but the young lady who checked us in was super helpful, went above and beyond in every aspect of our stay. Bed was super comfortable, rooms were like mini apartments, super clean, Breakfast was very good and service there too was great!... my only complaint is we did not have enough time to stay longer, and that is not the hotels fault! :-)

Will definitely stay here again!!!

Room Tip: The king bed rooms also have a sleeper sofa, so if you have kids, choose the king room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us. I realize that you were only able to stay one night, so you will have to make your next trip a longer one!

Thank you for the great review! We always appreciate positive feedback. It reinforces our commitment to guest service!

Please come back and see again soon... for multiple days next time! :) We look forward to serving you in the future!