“No Complaints”

Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport
Ranked #25 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Great location, great service and clean! We stayed in suite which was spectacular. Nothing crazy just simple and roomy. There was 4 of us and we were comfortable for 2 nights. I recommend for bike week, biketoberfest, or even just a place to stay and enjoy the city. You are like a block away from W International Speedway Blvd where there are tons of restaurants, shopping plazas and well obviously the speed way...

Room Tip: Room 208 is one of the suites. Good area.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Good Day...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. I wanted to thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and for taking the time to give us your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your positive experience.

As you mentioned, our hotel is very centrally located, being close to the airport, the Daytona International Speedway, restaurants, shopping, and only a short drive to the beach. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the great location during the special event, Bike Week.

Again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to serving you in the very near future!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We booked at the last minute and received a great rate. The room was very clean and fresh clean towels which is always good. A nice quit location too!

We just needed a get away from very busy schedule and although we only stayed one night it did the job. Slept in late no noises or annoyances to bother with. Check outed a little later which they allowed.

The Hotel is somewhat secluded and that was good for it meant for a quiet environment yet it was a safe environment.

Room Tip: If you want a cooler hallway stay on the 3rd. floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us and also, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on TripAdvisor.com. It is always great to hear positive feedback, as it reinforces the efforts that our team puts forth every day to make our hotel great.

As you mentioned, our location is ideal for a nice, relaxing stay, outside of the busy streets, but close enough to have access to all that you need while visiting.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We are looking forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

From the moment I walked in the door at 1:30 am on Friday morning, I was thrilled. William, the front desk host, was so accommodating and pleasant. I had been traveling for almost 9 hours and truly appreciated his welcoming personality. Quick check in, asked if there was anything he could to for me as I looked pretty worn out which was so nice just to be asked. The room was good, it had it's own temp control which I really appreciate. I know it sounds dumb, but the TV was easy to operate, no "special menus" just to find the local news station! I was only in Dayton for 3 days for parents weekend at Embry Riddle, but The Courtyard made my stay so nice. They have a great little "bistro" that has pretty good food, they've got a good selection of beer to purchase from the front desk (perfect cap to my late night arrival!) and it's right next to the college. The rooms are clean, every single staff member was fantastic! We were even able to borrow a phone charger from the front desk--NO CHARGE!- when my son realized he had forgotten his in his dorm room. Highly recommend this hotel and it's awesome staff.

Room Tip: There are only 2 suites, but the regular rooms are quite adequate.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CindyPanioto
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as for taking the time out of your day to write such a fantastic review!

As you can imagine, in our industry, we tend to always hear about when a guest has a negative experience. It is always very refreshing to hear from guests when they have great expereinces. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with our staff, with special recognition going to William for providing you with outstanding service during your stay.

If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please let us know. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the very near future!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed 3 nights for business with nearby Embry Riddle University. The hotel is located 5 minutes from the airport and the shuttle runs on-demand 24 hrs. Due to the Atlanta snowstorm, my flight into Daytona didn't arrive until 3:00 am so I was grateful for the quick van service. The University is walking distance. (Others in my group reported that they had arranged for the hotel van to drop them off.). Friendly employees thru-out the stay.

Other than the front desk, entrances require a key card to get in, 24 hours a day, so that is good security-wise. I also appreciated the front desk clerk at check in handing me my key packet without that dreaded verbal announcement of my room number - there was a crowd of people checking in and that is always an uncomfortable feeling to have your room number shouted out to strangers. Thank you for writing it on the key packet and saying -" here is your room number, take the hallway to the left. "

Wifi signal (free) was strong and reliable. See quibble below.

Room was clean, amenities in place, and no neighbor noise- quiet.

Got a take-out sandwich combo from the lobby cafe and it was good.

My only quibble about the stay is not about the hotel itself: it is the Marriott "corporate" wifi selection screen.
To be clear, as above, the free wifi service was great. Marriott also offers an upgrade to faster service for an extra $4.95 per day. When you go to the free wifi log in screen to enter your name and room number, you are presented with both alternatives. When you select "free", the next screen appears that says " confirm you want upgraded wifi for 4.95 per day" with a large font and large button. Below, a very tiny type and button says, " no, just go to the free wifi". An unsuspecting person, or a person in a hurry, who intends to get the free ( very adequate) wifi can unintentionally click to confirm what is probably then automatically, instantly, charged to their room.
As straightforward as everything else seems to be about this chain, and with this particular hotel, this attempted little "trap" seems cheesy. I hope whoever from Marriott corporate reads this, that you will take it to heart and review the policy. Its like me ordering the tuna sandwich at the lobby bistro, and the cashier saying, "ok, confirm that you want the filet mignon?" And then I have to say, "no, just the tuna sandwich, please." It just does not make sense and it creates a bit of badwill....when everything else about the chain is so good.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as taking the time out of your busy day to give us such a great review!

The safety and security of our guests is a major priority for us and we do all that we can to ensure our guests' information, including their room number, is kept confidential and secure. I am happy to hear that your experience at our Front Desk was to your liking and fell within our standard operating procedures.

Also, with regards to our internet service, I wanted to thank you for bringing the issue of the login page to our attention. We just upgrated our system last year and we are still working out all of the minor details. Feedback such as this is greatly appreciated and we will discuss the login page and its possible deceiving methond with our internet provider.

It is always great to hear positive feedback. Please, rest assured, your comments will be shared with our team and they will be recognized for their hard work and dedication toward making your stay an enjoyable one.

Please come visit us again soon... we look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed here for a race..the rate would have been $399 but I was able to use my rewards, thank goodness. If I had to pay that I would have been disappointed. I have been to some wonderful Courtyards, this one was just OK. The location to the speedway is fantastic. They offered a shuttle service to the track, as well. Our room was very small. We had a king with a pull out sofabed. The King bed was perfect and comfy but the pullout mattress was so ridiculously thin! We would have complained but our three year old son was so tired, he didn't care. The linens were fresh and clean smelling, but the heavy blanket had holes all over it. Not sure if they were cigarette burns or it was eaten by moths! The room/hotel was impeccably clean, but they need to replace/add some of the furnishings. No docking station or USB ports, either. Had to charge our phones through the only USB port we happened to find on the back of the tv.

Room Tip: The front desk service was lovely! Very friendly!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you as well as taking the time to complete this review of our hotel.

We pride ourselves on our outstanding service and high-quality product. It is nice to hear that you were able to experience some of that while you were staying with us. Unfortunately, it seems like you were dissatisfied with the furnishings in the room as well as some of the bed linens. Please accept my apologies for your dissatisfaction. This is not our normal level of product that we provide to our guests each and every day.

Please come back and visit us again soon! When you do, please let me know you are coming so I can personally ensure your stay is perfect.

Again, thank you for your business. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Just stayed at two different marriott vacation clubs and threw in one day here before heading home to stop at Daytona beach. Was pleasantly surprised how nice of a stay we had. Nice room and staff was excellent (especially ken at the check in). Will definitely stay here again if in the area.

Stayed: January 2014
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Good Day...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as taking the time out of your day to give us this great review. Our team takes pride with ensuring our guests leave with a smile on their face. I will make sure to share your comments regards the hotel, the staff, and Ken with the rest of the team.

Again, thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

We made reservations using my platinum "status" due to the hotel being sold-out for the holidays so the fact we could get a room was a score but I also reserved 1 of the 3 nights with points. Being a holiday the other two were unavailable with points. But I was good with getting A room ANY room booking early in November! One catch was we were told we could only have our 1 bedroom suite for the 1st night then 3of us and2 cats would have to move to a studio. I was still OKwith this.

When we arrived the front desk staff was very nice but the following morning, Bill, at the front desk, said he would do his best to make our stay comfortable. Boy did he!!

Not only did we get to remain in the one bedroom unit all 3 days but when I received the hotel receipt under the door I was only charged for incidentals. All 3 nights were on points as I had wanted originally! AWESOME!

The hotel is super clean. Great breakfast. RIGHT on Intl Speedway Blvd next to Daytona Speedway and Daytona Intl Airport. But is as quiet as a forest!

The staff is friendly and I highly recommend for a Courtyard!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TheSquiress
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Good Afternoon...

Thank you for choosing Marriott for your recent visit to the Daytona Beach area. There are a lot of options for accommodations, and we are thankful that you appreciate the quality and service you receive with Marriott.

I am not sure if your review should be with Courtyard or if it should have been posted on Residence Inn. You mentioned that you had a Studio, which not a room type at Courtyard, but it is a room type at Residence Inn. Also, Bill is one of our Front Desk associates at Residence Inn.

Regardless, I am the General Manager for both hotels and we operate with mostly the same team. It is no surprise that you had a great stay (at either hotel) because our team goes above and beyond every day, Bill included.

Again, thank you for choosing Marriott in Daytona Beach. We look forward to serving you again in the very near future.