“BEWARE-UNHEALTHY !!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Castaways Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Daytona Beach
Castaways Beach Resort
Ranked #68 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Ontario
“BEWARE-UNHEALTHY !!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2009

If you value your and your children's health, do not stay here! I checked in and seeing the room, checked out. There were 7 or 8, 3 inch round globs of multi-coloured mould growing in the air conditioner!!! There must have been lots more growing inside the unit where it can't be seen. Breathing in mould spores is a major health hazzard. The hotel said they were all booked and if I could put up with it for a night, they would clean it in the morning. I would not stay. One headboard was missing, the rug had crumbs and a plastic sleeve of crackers on the floor. They were kind enough to leave the old-fashioned carpet sweeper in the room for us. Maybe we were to clean the carpet ourselves. The outside of the fridge was not clean. The front desk was unattended for over 1/2 hour. Expedia had tried that long to contact someone. I heard people complain that they had requested non-smking rooms and got smoking ones. I had asked for a smoking and got a non-smoking and told that they weren't that fussy and to smoke anyway with the door open. I wish I had taken a picture.

1 Thank jazzyjane17

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

Brought granddaughter back to college in Daytona Beach. Thought this was a fabulous price for an ocean view room. HA! Check in went ok. We had reserved and paid for 4 nights. Our room was on the 4th floor. Beautiful view, that is all! No towels or wash cloths. Sign in kitchen says "$25 charge for dirty dishes." But no dish cloths, towels or dish soap. Nice coffee maker, 2 packs of coffee. The coffee pot handle was broken and I spilled hot coffee all over the place. I asked for a different coffee maker and you would have thought I asked for a new car. Needless to say, still did not get one. The closet doors are broken and there is a greasy, dusty fan in the closet, sitting on top of an old night stand. Under the night stand was old ceramic tiles, a half sack of cement and an old cushon from a sofa.? I realized this is a storage closet. One floor lamp leaned 4 or 5 inches to one side. The table lamp's shade was completely off the wire rack that held it up. Got the picture yet? GROSS! The best is yet to come. We came back from the pool on the second day here to find a man in the bathroom. He said he was fixing the bathroom. I didn't know it was broken, but he was here for 2 hours. That meant that we could not use the bathroom, change clothes, etc. Then the 3rd day we were out on the boardwalk, and came back to the motel to find 5 fire engines and police in the parking lot. We jumpd out of the car to see what was going on. One of the skreeky elevators had caught fire and they evacualed the place. In our hurry to check out what was happening, we knocked the parking pass off the mirror and onto the floor of the car. Some time in the next hour they towed our car away. After arguing for an hour we had to pay someone to take us to the impound lot 10 miles away so we could pay $125 to get our car back. I hate this place. I have never been so aggrevated at a place in my life. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT STAYING HERE!!! You will be sorry!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank kytravelgirlKentucky

Travelers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Winter Haven FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2009

Where do we begin. Upon calling the hotel I got the room for two nights. I also got it cheaper than Priceline was offering it for and got the second night FREE by booking through the hotel itself. Upon arrival the front desk was extra nice. The clerk was name Kendall and she was very inviting. The room was clean and had a FULL SIZE FRIDGE as well as modest stove, microwave,and sink. The flat screen plasma wasn't very big but the ocean view was magnificent...we weren't there to watch TV anyways. When I asked for extra everything...I GOT IT! Pillows, shampoo, WHATEVER! Even got crushed ice from the bar (Mango's) to make my own drinks in the room...UNHEARD OF. Family of 6 spent a very nice and quiet time in Daytona Beach and the only time I moved my car was to go one block down to the closest Winn-Dixie to the hotel. Not to mention shops and gas stations right across the street. "TOO CONVENIENT". I read all the bad comments about this place and for lack of better words...HATERS! I went with the family and had exactly what the title says! Any questions...rickgarciaflorida@yahoo.com or sarahgarcia_florida@yahoo.com

st.louis mo.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

My Family and I were talk to badly and we book the two rooms for a week ,5 months ago and we had to call the booking com, to fax them our booking ,that was an hour,then when we came back from lunch, A young so-call lady with a nasty attitude gave our second room to someone else and when we went to our rooms,the family's kids that was there played on the bed,before they left, so I ask the young lady if they can chang the bed spreads cause the kids had played on the bed and she said,that they didnt played on the bed.she was not up in the room when i seen the kids get off the bed and went with ther family to there new room she told me i was lieing on the family and that we had to leave, all because i ask for the bed spread be changed, with out an argerment, we are black and the other family is white,I really hope that wasn't the reason. so don't be fooled by the looks or the family thang, this isbad news people. realy andthey don't have any maids,the family dose the so-call cleaning you mite get your bed change or you mite not. i only call it the way i see it.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank g0dsgift9
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

Front desk staff was rude and un-concerned about their guests. Overbooked the weekend we stayed and didn't have enough rooms for all guests. Air conditioners leaked or didn't work. Nasty rooms. Bed bugs, roaches...not clean at all. Please don't waste your money. Can't believe it is even a 2 or 3 star resort..it should be condemed. You have to pay for ice and anything else you might need that comes "free" at other places. Worst place we ever stayed at in Daytona. Be very careful...you might catch a disease from the unclean rooms and regular people that "live" there and roam around the building. Housekeeping is family and will rob you blind when you are not in your room. Terrible...terrible...terrible. The photo of the toilet is better than the resort.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank dginflorida
Coastal Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2009

My wife and I had a wonderful weekend stay at Castaways. We got a great deal for two nights, and found our room to be very clean and comfortable. The staff were very professional and polite. I lost my set of keys on our last night, and notified the front desk. The night staff notified the morning crew, and all were aware of the situation. I received my keys not long after in the mail due to an outstanding Castaway staff finding them and dropping them in the mail. I can't thank them enough for what they did. Getting back to the hotel. I witnessed several times housekeeping trying there best to keep up with their duties. Visitors were deliberately leaving trash in the hallways, and dragging half of Daytona Beach sand into the hotel. It's not the hotel that should feel shamed, but rather those people who have no regard for others. A little empathy can do wonders for all of us to enjoy our lives. My spouse and I not only recommend Castaways to others, but will stay there again on our next visit. R.J.M.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
port richey, fl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2009

We had a lovely vacation for 4 nights. Unfortunately, there was no maid service for 3 of those nights, no ice and my daughter had to go back and fourth to get clean towels. Although the price was good, the hotel left a lot to be desired.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family