“Pleasure & romantic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 104 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Boise, Idaho
“Pleasure & romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

DJ at the front desk was very friendly & helpful - a true asset to the hotel, the view from the room is excellant- ocean front-rooms are very pleasant-food in the restaurant is good. We would absolutely stay here when in this area.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank montgomery168
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you very much for such a great rating. I will let DJ know what a great impact he has made on your stay. We appreciate you staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
Tampa, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I'm not a big Holiday Inn fan but it's the last hotel chain I don't have some privileges at so I'm doing what I can to get Gold. My review is based on this being a 3 star 'resort.' The view is obviously excellent if you get an Oceanfront room. The pool is nice and large with synchronized LED lights that change colors - which is still new enough to be a novelty. The beds were moderately comfortable. The WiFi kept fluctuating from strong to inaccessible which makes it extremely difficult to work. The waves were remarkable and there were three eagles that were soaring around our room for a while. The only caveat is that the attached restaurant is pretty bad. Both dinner and breakfast were over priced and poorly prepared. You're much better off NOT eating on the property.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CSKapper
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It sounds like overall your stay was most memorable. We have priceless views of the ocean. As far as the restaurant goes I hope that you reported your concern to the manager as we always make things right. We do not hear very many comments about the pricing as we know it is very comparable if not cheaper then other hotel restaurants. I will speak with our Food and Beverage manager about this. I eat there frequently and always find it well prepared and very good. I do hope that you will come again as I see you really enjoyed everything else about the hotel.
La Verne, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Most of the beach hotels are the same. Pool Deck. Restaurant. Beach Access. But here they give you 2 free drinks and a pretty decent breakfast with your room cost. Staff is excellent. Business computers are very accessible. There is a weight room, cardio room, game room but I didn't go into any of them so I don't know about them. My stay was great, my ocean view (they are all ocean view I think) was spectacular. Beds were comfy, with two different kinds of pillows. It was reasonably priced and near where I needed to go (which admittedly wasn't the usual spots like Daytona, Bike Week or the convention center). Stay here. It's good.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, but stay away from 101, 102, 103 which are next to the garage and elevator...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank f n
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Yes we have some very unique amenities that definitely set us apart. Who else has a kids splash park, 10 ft pool, fire pits, private balconies and much more. You do not need to leave this property you have everything you need should you just decide to stay here. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again real soon.
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I went to stay at this hotel for two nights in end of October 2013 after coming home for two days from a deployment. I could not have asked for a better more relaxing experience. Not only did I have an awesome view of the beach but the service and price were wonderful. Although I did not get to experience the pool (did not have a bathing suit), I got to have a wonderful time at the baby pool with my two small children. The restaurant they have in the hotel was great and the kids got to eat for free. Sitting outside, walking along the beach and a great staff completed me and my family reuniting after a deployment. Though this hotel thanked me for my service, I definitely thanked them for theirs.

Room Tip: There was a large group of teenagers who stood at this hotel when I did. Did not experience any noi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jennifer M
Let me also say thank you very much for your service to our country! I am very glad that you got some much needed relaxation and spent quality time with your children. We are thrilled that you had such a nice time and thank you for sharing.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed at the hotel during Bike Week. The hotel provided a section of the parking area (covered) for all the motorcycles. The staff at the front desk were very friendly. The room was very clean & comfortable. Had a very nice view of the ocean. The pool/hot tub was very refreshing. A hotel staff member recommended us to try the restaurant on the premises - H2O...glad we did. The food was very good. Well worth it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I am glad that you enjoyed the property during your stay. The bikers love the covered parking for there bikes and our wash station. Your review really helps others make a better informed decision on where to stay when visiting the Daytona Beach area. I am glad that you also enjoyed our restaurant. We will look forward to welcoming you back again.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach for a few nights in October 2013. Had a wonderful time! Hotel room very clean and beautiful, view was awesome. Older hotel but renovated and it is beautiful!
Staff very friendly and helpful and Rolondo at the front desk helped me extend my stay another night quickly and for the same rate.
Definitely will come back next year!
Marty H

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
We are glad that you will be back. Thank you for a great review. I will let Rolando know what a great job he did while you were here. We hope to see you again real soon.
Plantation
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I didn't know Holiday Inns got this nice! The staff was great! DJ at the front desk was super welcoming and made sure we were very happy. Our room wasn't all that big, nor were the "queen" size beds (I still don't believe it was a queen size), but the view totally made up for it. Everything was new and I loved the style. The walls weren't your typical white or ugly tan, they actually had some warm colors and pretty pictures! It just wasn't your typical hotel room.

The exterior doors and windows were very heavy duty, so we didn't hear a peep from the pool area when it was closed. I didn't hear the neighbors nor doors slamming from the outside. That is a million thumbs up.

I love that they give us Bath and Body Works products for the shampoo, conditioner, etc.! What an awesome touch. The bathroom was spacious and the towels weren't comparable to sandpaper. Finally.

The H2o restaurant had lovely service. The food was very good too.

The pool area is fantastic. Super comfortable loungers, an additional pool for the kids, a deep adult pool, a nice hot tub and FIRE PITS! How awesome was that. You can hang out in the evening by one of the two fire pits and listen to the waves crash onto shore. So amazing.

We were only here for one night, so we didn't experience the beach, but it looked clean! No chairs were outside, so maybe bring your own if you're from the area..

Overall, I would love to come back here for a "staycation". I recommend this resort for anyone looking for a relaxing, fun-filled getaway.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Whitebeach34515, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your response. I see that DJ has done it again . I will definitely let him know about your comment. I am glad that you had a great time and that we exceeded your expectations as a Holiday Inn. We are a true resort and have many amenities to offer you to keep you at the property. Next time you need to stay longer to take it all in and yes I can assure you those are queen size beds. Thank you for staying with us.