“Great place to stay”

Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #5 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Very family friendly! Had a terrific time, lots of fun for all ages. My kids loved the kiddy area and had a blast doing the activities with Jamie! We ate at the restaurant and didn't leave the hotel the whole time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

That is great. I love hearing people say that they never even left the resort. There is so much to do here to keep you and your family entertained. Jamie is awesome and a great activities director. She really knows how to have fun. I am so glad that you stayed with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We went to Daytona Beach for one night at the end of our Walt Disney World trip. I chose this hotel based on reviews from TripAdvisor and the fact that it was oceanfront. We were a bit concerned with the surrounding area as it looked to be a big run-down. There were also signs posted everywhere about the hotel not being responsible for items left in the cars (which always worries me). The hotel lobby though was very nice inside and looked to be recently remodled. The rooms were equally nice and very modern looking. We had what I believe was called a family suite which included a bunk bed and two double beds. This gave our family of four some room to spread out in the hotel room. The room was very clean too.

The pool area was very nice and had very updated, comfortable furniture. We also enjoyed being able to access the beach right from the pool area. At night, we saw they had little fire pits lit and people enjoying themselves sitting around the fire.

The price of the room was a little high for September (mostly off season), but the hotel was nice and oceanfront.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the family suite which includes a bunk bed as well as two double beds.
1  Thank AuntTra
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

I am really glad that you had such a nice stay. We only post those signs so that people do not leave expensive items in the car as we have safes in the rooms. We do not have any problems with theft in the area, but all hotels have signage to let you know we are not liable. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your visit with others.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

First time being at the Holiday Inn on the beach.. The smell of the hotel was fresh and clean, our room with the view of the beach was breath taking and our room was very clean too. the staff from the front desk staff to the housekeepers was very nice and helpful. I will be going back with my family again. We found no problems at all.

Room Tip: Get the higher floor up and not near the elevators.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

I can see that you had a wonderful time and I am glad that you had such a memorable stay. This helps others as they try and decide on where to stay. Thank you so much and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My boyfriend, best friend, and I stayed here Sept 15 - 18th for the first half of my 23rd birthday trip. We arrived after midnight, but the guy at the front desk (James I think) was very kind and was already looking out for us (we ran into terrible rain), He had our room keys ready and was very informative about the events taking place on the property during our stay. Upon check-in, my boyfriend cut his leg on the luggage cart and James was very helpful getting him cleaned and bandaged up.

While we were unpacking, a roach the size of a fig newton bar made his presence known from the closet. Luckily, that was the only insect we found in our room throughout our stay. The room was very clean and the bathroom was nice.The pool and Jacuzzi area was nice especially the fact they had a salt water pool.

We had a king size suite room that had a queen size pull out couch. If we visit the Daytona Beach area again we'd definitely stay again if nothing cheaper was available.

Room Tip: Get an ocean front room if you can...beautiful morning view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks for staying with us. Sometimes even as often as we spray when it rains it does tend to bring a bug indoors. They do not survive long because of all the spraying we do. I hope you called the front desk so that we could of taken care of that for you. It is a rare occasion. I am glad that you did not let that bother your stay. Please come and see us again real soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We had a wonderful time, the bartender was soooooo helpful with assisting us with where to go and what there was to do daily. Her name is Sue and she was awesome! The view was amazing, the rooms extremely clean. When we had a problem with our AC, it took the guy 3 mins to get up there and fix it! I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your kind review. It is good to know that when we do have a problem and they do sometimes happen that we handled it quickly to your satisfaction. Thank you for staying with us and I will let Sue know how you felt about her. They love getting good comments and hearing there name. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was looking for a quick getaway with my wife on Saturday 9/21/13 to attend a marriage conference the next day in Daytona Beach with Kirk Cameron as the guest speaker. My budget was a $100. I found a room at this resort that came in under budget and I was happy. We arrived around 7:30pm Saturday evening and I was so pleased with my first impression of the property. I waited my turn to check in and while I was waiting Moe acknowledged me and said she would be right with me. When it was my turn, she apologized for my wait, which I found to be very professional of her and it really wasn't a long wait at all. As I was checking in, I asked if there were any other rooms available besides the one that they assigned me too, and she pleasantly made a few key strokes and said she had something that she thinks I would like even more and switched my room effortlessly. She then thanked me for being a member of their rewards program. She gave me my keys, parking pass and two free drinks coupons for the bar and even asked me if I would like a late checkout (of course we did) and off we went. Her service was the absolute best service I ever received from any Holiday Inn ever.
In addition to Moe, we found our room to be fantastic. We also loved the pool deck and spent hours that night at the fire pit and walking on the beach.
We enjoyed our room very much. We also had a fantastic breakfast at the resorts restaurant the next morning. I should also include the prices were reasonable and the food was very good. We enjoyed the resort so much that we actually returned after our seminar to sit by the fire pit and talk before we headed back home. Everything about our stay, from the moment we arrived at the property until the moment we left was an excellent experience. I have already told everyone I know to stay here while in Daytona Beach because this place gives you Moe for your money. We Loved it!!!! Moe needs to be applauded as an unsung hero that does her job at a level that could go unnoticed but does set the bar for all that have the courage to face the public on the front lines of the Hotel Industry.

Room Tip: Treat people with respect and you never know what you will get in return.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for such a great response. I am very glad that you had such a memorable stay. I love your tagline. We agree Moe is the best and I will pass along your comment. Thank you.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

A very nice resort right on the beach with nearly every room with ocean facing room. Nice pool area and right own the beach. Room was very nice. We were upgraded to a room with a mini kitchen which we did not utilize as this was a short stay. It would be a nice feature if you were there for a longer stay and wanted to catch breakfast in your room or bounce up for a sandwich if down on the beach or at the pool. Being that this was a Holiday Inn and not an Express I knew there was no free breakfast but there was only the little coffee maker in the room. I couldn't believe that there wasn't coffee in the lobby which is usually the norm at any hotel. That would be my only complaint. This was about a mile from the boardwalk but a quieter location if you want be away from some of the insanity of the central area. This was a not the busy time but I could see it being kind of crazy down toward the center area

Room Tip: I think nearly every room faces the ocean. There are some end rooms which are not directly facing b...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I see that your overall stay was most enjoyable and I am glad that you shared this with others so that they can make a better informed decision on where to stay. We offer coffee in the room, but because we have a full service restaurant we offer coffee in there. You can sit on the deck and look at the beautiful ocean at a very modest price. Thanks again for sharing and we are looking forward to your return.