“Relaxing beach vacation”

Ranked #10 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Irvine, California
“Relaxing beach vacation”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

After spending 5 nights at the JW Marriott in Orlando, we headed to the Holiday Inn in Daytona Beach for three nights (08/12-08/16). We had a wonderful visit at the hotel. The front desk staff was always cheerful and smiling, our room was clean, the beds were comfortable. The restaurant on site had good food with reasonable prices. The bar drinks, however, were just okay. The beach was nice - powdery sand, warm water and small waves. Our 12-year old loved it. There are trucks on the beach where you can rent boogie boards, umbrellas, lounge chairs etc. The hotel provides beach and pool towels. We did not have any issues parking and always found a spot. It's centrally located with the boardwalk a short drive from the hotel. Felt it was an excellent value for the price.

1 Thank Michelle M
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
I am glad that you felt like the value was there for what you paid. This property offers many amenities that other resorts just do not offer. As you probably noticed while you were here it is a very popular resort and our goal is to satisfy every guest every time. We try and make your stay a memorable one as we want you to come back year after year as your favorite place to come to while you are visiting the Daytona Beach area. Thank you for a great review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
Casselberry, Florida
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We checked in early on Saturday 8/17 and the system was down. We wanted to request the same room we had the last time we were there. So, Jenny at the front desk wrote down which room and our cell number. In about 10 minutes max., Jenny called us and got us our room. She helped us in every way, including a key to get back into the pool area from the parking lot, parking tag, etc... We felt that Jenny went above and beyond for us than anyone else would have. Thank you Jenny for taking such good care of our needs!! we had a great time again, and will be back. We hope Jenny's there at the front desk again!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms on south side are bigger, quieter, and convenient to the pool and beach.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for a great review! I am glad that Jenny made your stay even more enjoyable. I will definitely let her know. I never get tired of seeing the great reviews. This tells us that we on the right track. What better way to know than from the guest that have already stayed at our property. We will look forward to your return.
Dallas, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront for 3 nights on our way home from a 4 night stay at Universal Studios. This was a nice relaxing surprise. The rooms were recently renovated and clean. The beach was nice, loved the powdery sand. The pool area needs some umbrella's poolside...there is no shade. The food was ok. Lots of convenient parking. I liked the fact that there were towels available at the front desk for the pool/beach. My only complaint is that we did not receive our 5 a.m. wakeup call the morning we were leaving to catch a early flight...good thing I woke up! I set a wakeup call on the phone system and I also asked the front desk to call and we never rec'd either. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher level...the view is beautiful.
Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Steff C
I am glad that you had such a relaxing getaway. This is what we tell everybody that visits Orlando. Go to all the theme parks, but allow a few extra days to just relax. You definitely picked the right place. I will look into why you did not receive a wake up call and I am glad that it all worked out for you. We will look forward to welcoming you back.
Hammonton, New Jersey
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Beautiful location on beach. At the moment we registered, a little earlier than check-in time, everyone very attentive. All were friendly, very nice and helpful with any of our requests.
Services were great,room kept clean and everything in order, very pleased!
Restaurant/bar/food was good. Outside restaurant was comfortable. Pool being opened at nite with colorful underwater lighting impressive. Fire pits great. Daytime poolside games for adults and children were fun! Kept everyone entertained at the pool.
Parking not easy but used the second level lot offered. Security entrance to this level was met by using your room card.
Enjoyed room balcony, which we always request when traveling. Beautiful view of the sunrise, ocean and sounds of the waves. Relaxing.
Beds comfortable...hard & soft pillows to suit your choice. Security measures were highly met. Your room card allowed you to enter game rooms, athletic room, ice machine room, etc.
We felt the rating for the resort was higher than a three star and would return if vacationing in the area. Also, we've mentioned to others the lovely time we at the resort.

Room Tip: Always, if possible, choose a room with a balcony. We like third of higher floors.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
We appreciate you giving us such a nice rating. Just so you know all of our rooms have balconies which is a great amenity as not all hotels have balconies. We do take your safety very seriously and that is why we offer a gated 1st floor and cameras throughout the property. Also we did purchase the lot directly across the street to help ease with the parking. I am glad that your overall stay was a good one and that you did take advantage of all that our resort has to offer. Thank you for your feedback. We will see you next time.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We've been to plenty of "3 star" hotels and we find the range quite wide. This is a great value in that the pool was extremely nice, loved the fire pits and beach access, room was clean and comfortable, outdoor atmosphere was relaxing with the DJ by the pool and periodic games and things for the kids without being overbearing. We arrived very early and the front desk graciously found a room for us and let us check in. We would definitely recommend this hotel and/or stay again if we are in the area.

1 Thank jng1234
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
This is where I get confused. I am thrilled that you had such a nice stay, but I often wonder how we get one review that the guest did not like the pool or the rooms and then we get another guest that loves everything about our hotel. I am not sure how there is such a misconnect. I am glad however that the vast majority loves our hotel. I just wished I could figure out a way to get everyone to love it. I guess we will just have to keep working on it. I do want to thank you for your wonderful review and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Joliet, Illinois
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Great location right on the beach. Hotel has a nice pool, one end of it is even very deep (10 feet). Separate kids pool makes things nice in the adult pool. Plenty of chairs out by the pool, with sitting areas near the pool bar. One restaurant, food and drinks are so so. Parking is a joke, not a lot of spots and often times have to park on the second level which is like in the hot sun all day. The rooms are standard, nothing special going for them except for the view. Hard to sit out on the patio when your room a/c is blowing hot exhaust from it onto you. The beds are a joke, hard as a rock and the pillows are way too small. Felt like I was sleeping in a hospital bed.

2 Thank Dan2330
Thank you for sharing your stay. I would like to address some of your comments. There is only so much room on the balcony to put an A/C in so may I suggest sliding your chair over a bit and that should of put you out of range of the AC. The rooms we have been getting the most comments about how beautiful and spacious our rooms are so I am not sure how to overcome that for you other than to say we probably can't please everyone's taste, but the majority love our rooms. As far as the beds this is the first time I heard anything bad about the beds as they are new and again most people love the beds. This hotel has received numerous awards and a top ranking on Trip Advisor so I am not sure about your comments other than to say we try, but can't please everyone's taste. As far as the pool it is the second deepest pool in Daytona Beach. Most pools are only 6 ft. Perhaps when you try another hotel to compare us to as this was probably your first visit then I am confident you will be back. Thank you for sharing.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here as a last minute visit on our way to Miami.
The front desk staff were super friendly and helpful, really nice.
Room was great, and fairly priced. Large fridge and cook top with a 7/11 across gives you the ability to make simple melas in your room. Staff were very attentive, had an issue with the safe and the maintenance man arrived with in minutes of our call.
Water pressure was average but think they just need to clean their tap filters.
Pool area nice, its busy with families and children, but not the place for a couples get away!
Overall good value for money, and had a great meal at Joe's crab shack. Well done on being so helpful and friendly.
Just one wee comment Holiday Inn, I think its time for new sheets, the sheets on our bed were badly pilled and quite thin :)

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for a room away from the pool
1 Thank emmiem1234
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
I am very happy that you took the time to share your stay. I will look into the water pressure. I will have maintenance change out the faucets as this is not normally a problem. I am glad that we fixed your safe right away. I will look into the sheets as well as we order new ones all the time and inspect the old ones which get thrown away if they do not meet our standards. Thank you again for all your comments this will help us only get better. We will look forward to welcoming you back again.