New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #8 of 104 Hotels in Daytona Beach
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Very Enjoyable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

H2O bar/restaurant was absolutely amazing. The food was phenomenal and the bartenders were fun individuals who worked VERY hard while still carrying smiles. The front desk staff was also amazing and the oceanfront view room was wonderful. It was a great end to a vacation!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Blair S
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed our restaurant . It offers a great indoor and outdoor experience facing the ocean. I also see by your comments that our staff has also made a difference in your stay.. Thank you for sharing your stay for everyone to see when choosing a hotel.I will pass along your comments with our staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Daytona many times but have always been disappointed in the hotels. Well, not this time! The hotel is everything promised on the website and more. We stayed in the south tower and had a king oceanfront suite. The room was immaculate and had very pleasing decor. The bathroom had a spacious walk-in shower with plenty of room. It was a little slow getting hot water so turn it on a few minutes before you're ready. We loved the fire pits on the pool deck at night and the pool was very pretty with the changing lights. We didn't know it until the last day but pool towels can be obtained at the front desk. I never saw this posted anywhere.The beach is beautiful and you can rent chairs and umbrellas right in front of the hotel. My husband and I stayed and felt very relaxed but it looks like a great place for children with lots for them to do. I liked the idea that it is about 3-4 minutes from the boardwalk so we didn't have the crowds or traffic around us. It was very stress-free. The staff was quite friendly and helpful and always spoke to us in passing. This will be the only place we stay from now on when we return.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I am glad that we will be your only choice whenever your travels bring you to Daytona Beach. I will look into getting better signage for the towels thank you for your input. I am glad that your overall stay was an enjoyable one and we hope to see you again real soon.
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

There were so many great things about this hotel: First and foremost all staff had excellent customer service, which really carries a lot of weight in my book. Everyone from Moe at the front desk to the maids, they all carried a genuine smile and went above and beyond to make our stay an enjoyable one.
I appreciated the updated modern clean room, and we took advantage of our ocean front balcony that has a great view up and down the beach. I am an IHG member, and therefore we received 2 free alcoholic beverages at the bar...it was a nice perk that we enjoyed before heading out to dinner.
If I were to give 1 critique, and it is minor: I would like to see them update the elevators as they ran quite slowly and the lights on the buttons were often not working.
Keep up the great work, we look forward to staying with you again next time we find ourselves in Daytona Beach.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I am glad that you took advantage of all this property has to offer while visiting. We are proud of our award winning staff and I will share your comments with them about what a difference your stay was because of them. I will definitely look into the lights on the elevator and just so you are aware as many are not we offer three elevators and when you use the center one it is the busiest and because we are such a popular resort it does sometimes take a few extra moments which may seem long as you are in anticipation of getting to the beach and or pool deck. Just a tip for next time use the north or south elevators and it will get you there much quicker. Thank you again for your input and we will look forward to your next visit.
New Albany, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Our experience started with Jennifer in sales who helped us book rooms for our whole group-4 rooms in total. In the past, with other hotels, this has been stressful, but this time it was a very smooth process.
As far as our stay, it was great! The resort is beautiful with easy access back and forth to the beach. The gated kids pool area was great for my 2 year old.
We had a suite with kitchen and living area which was great for a little extra room.
Everything was clean. We hope to return soon!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your stay with us. Jennifer is one of many award winning employee's here and I will pass on your positive comments to her as she always does a fantastic job. I am glad that you enjoyed all of our amenities at the resort. We will be looking forward to welcoming you back again real soon.
Greenville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

It is the first time we have been to Daytona Beach and we were dreading the stay because we had just come off a very unpleasant stay in Fort Lauderdale. What a surprise, the hotel is clean, bright, stylish and the staff very personable and friendly and made us feel welcome and appreciated. Our room was amazing with a beautiful view of the ocean. The pool area is clean with nice seating areas and the beach front beautiful. We had supper in the H2O restaurant, the food was good, well presented and in a nice portion. We had a wonderful waitress Kelly who gave us excellent attentive service. It is one area of Florida we would actually like to return to. This property should be a model for all Holiday Inn Resorts.

Ed and Ginny Metzcar

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Your comment really means a lot to all of us at the Holiday Inn Resort and we appreciate your input especially about us being the model for all Holiday Inns. That is a huge compliment and I want to thank you for that. I will pass along your comments to Corporate and let them see that we are representing the Holiday Inn brand the way that they expect each and every hotel should be. We always want to never forget why it is we are here which is to take care of each and every guest. Without you we wouldn't be here.
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We arrived at the Hotel and were greeted by friendly helpfull staff. When we walked into our room we were taken back by how lovely it was. Its was everything we had hoped for and more. Top marks for cleanliness and decor with up to date facilities. Maid service was excellent. No disturbance or noise from other rooms. Stunning ocean front view from the balcony. Would definitely recommend this hotel. And if we go back to Daytona we would stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joseph B
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Your review makes us so proud to do what we do. We help create a lifetime of memories and it is comments like yours that gives us great satisfaction in our job. Thank you for sharing and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again real soon.
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel is absolutely amazing!

I booked this hotel many months before our arrival for a surprise vacation for my fiancé. I researched and thought very carefully before I booked this stay because my last experience at a different Holiday Inn Resort was absolutely the worst, most horrific, disgusting hotel stay ever (Holiday Inn Resort Aruba... feel free to read that TripAdvisor review.) The fact that this Holiday Inn Resort in Daytona Beach was essentially brand-new after a renovation and had a never-ending list of glowing reviews convinced me to try Holiday Inn Resorts again. We are fiercely loyal to the IHG brands and consistently maintain that precious Platinum Elite status; considering it was Daytona Beach, Florida I had several IHG hotels to pick from. After I decided on this Holiday Inn Resort I got in touch with the hotel directly to arrange some special details since this was a surprise trip for my fiancé; my fiancé would have no idea where we were going until we got off the aircraft. Normally when we stay at an InterContinental Hotel I just call the Concierge and they handle just about any request I can dream up! I knew the Holiday Inn Resort didn’t have a Concierge (I would not expect them to have one since they are a Holiday Inn after all!) so I was just going to ask the hotel staff to arrange a simple Food & Beverage welcome amenity. The hotel staff was so gracious, they were more than willing to help arrange what I wanted and so much more. Guest Services reviewed my reservation and told me that they would upgrade the room immediately to a suite with a Jacuzzi based on my Platinum status; this was a wonderful surprise, not having to wait until check-in and hope the room type was available when I arrived. Guest Services also put me in touch with Food & Beverage. Food & Beverage arranged the in-room welcome amenity I wanted and a lot more. They left us Champagne and Wine glasses in the room for our stay; they created a beautiful Fruit & Cheese platter; they arranged for Chocolate Covered Strawberries; and placed candles in the room. Food & Beverage didn’t stop at just that... they also arranged for several dozen fresh roses, in multiple tropical colors. Prior to our arrival, the staff spread the rose petals throughout the room and created the most romantic setting. (Take a look at the pictures, which shows what the staff was able to arrange for an amazing stay.)

The resort itself was, by far, the nicest Holiday Inn Resort we have ever been too. Keeping in mind we have stayed at some really good Holiday Inn Resorts (Lake George, NY and Galveston, TX) and some really really really bad ones (Holiday Inn Resort Aruba) it speaks very highly of this Holiday Inn Resort in Daytona Beach. The resort was perfectly clean and maintained; you never saw so much as one piece of trash in the halls or one single hair in the bathroom. The suite itself was spacious and nicely appointed. It had a large, corner balcony that directly overlooked the pool/fire pits with a direct, unobstructed oceanfront view. The bed was comfortable and linens clean. The suite also had a dining table (that is a much appreciated but very rare find in hotel suites) which made in-room dining with an oceanfront view very comfortable. The suite had an full-size refrigerator and a full kitchen, equipped with everything from dish soap to pans. The bathroom had an incredibly relaxing Jacuzzi tub. This was, far and away, one of the most comfortable suites we have ever had at any hotel ever.

The resort also had a very chic pool with a huge pool deck. The pool (at night) has lights that change colors and change the entire feel of the pool. The resort is also beachfront. And when they say beachfront, it’s actually beachfront – walk right off the pool deck and you are on the beach! Some resorts claim to be “beachfront” but make you walk across a street or down a path – this resort is actually beachfront. The on-site food was actually really good and very reasonable; breakfast each day was awesome and cooked-to-order.

The best feature of this resort is the STAFF! The staff at this resort went “above and beyond” in every way to make certain we had a perfect stay! From the previously mentioned special arrangements that I made prior to our arrival, to every single staff encounter during our stay, the staff was amazing! They were very kind and warm; they really seemed dedicated to making sure we had a great stay. Whether we needed suggestions of what to do for any given day or where to eat, they had all the answers. They greeted us by name and really made us feel like we were important. No matter how nice a resort property, if the staff is bad then the resort is bad. This resort the staff was wonderful!

I cannot say enough about how great this Holiday Inn Resort is. As someone who travels a lot and is very travel savvy, I know what to expect. Some hotels are good, and some are less good. This hotel was awesome! There really isn’t a better way to put it. I can say that this Holiday Inn Resort has restored my faith in Holiday Inn Resorts. I’m really glad that I decided on this resort for our stay in Daytona Beach.

One final detail... I was a little worried about booking a Holiday Inn Resort because we were traveling as a couple without kids; Holiday Inn Resorts commonly seem to cater to families. This Holiday Inn Resort catered to our every need and every wish, though they did have a lot for kids to do on-site, it didn’t seem that they focus exclusively on families; that was appreciated.

If you are headed to Daytona Beach, you should definitely stay at this Holiday Inn Resort! It really is awesome!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor for the best view