Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Beach House Inn(Daytona Beach)
Average 3/5
Studio 1 Motel(Daytona Beach)
Very Good 4/5
Nautilus Inn(Daytona Beach)
Great 4.5/5
Ocean Holiday Motel(Daytona Beach)
View Hotel
Sunrise Inn Daytona(Daytona Beach)
Sierra Suites(Daytona Beach)
Excellent 5/5
Catalina Beach Club(Daytona Beach)
Great 4.5/5
Oceanside Inn(Daytona Beach Shores)
  • Breakfast included
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Bahama House(Daytona Beach Shores)
1,614 results
All reviewsjason smithfront deskfire pitkids eat freehot tubrestaurant staffbar and grillpool areadaytona beach oceanfrontocean viewwould highly recommend this hotelgreat poolrooms were very cleanbeach accessup to datebeach frontprivate balcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Apparently this Inn has recently been refurbished because everything was nicely painted and clean. The room, and the view from the room were like something right out of a TV commercial for a tropical resort. The beach was immediately beyond the huge patio where they had fire-pits, large adult pool, wading pool and hot tub, as well as bar and outside seating for the in-house restaurant. The rooms were properly furnished with all amenities one expects of Holiday Inn, including large flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, free wi-fi and a balcony with seating and table overlooking the patio. This is a 7-story inn with two elevators and it appeared all rooms opened onto there own beach balconies. The facility is constructed of concrete and is therefore nicely soundproofed. There was no complementary breakfast or happy hour and the food was a little spicy for our northern tastes. The long stretch of flat perfect beach where the automobile time trials were done back in the 1950's, the basis of the Daytona racing legacy, is right outside the patio, and you are allowed to drive your own vehicle on this famous sand (max allowed speed, 15 mph!) The rate was very reasonable for a Holiday Inn, on the beach, in high season. We have often paid more for this brand elsewhere. We would recommend this facility to anyone travelling to Daytona Beach.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

We appreciate the great rating of our property. Yes we have everythng right here as a true resort should be. I am thrilled that you had such a memorable time and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the property.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort Oceanfront for a short visit to Daytona to get some input about our family reunion that I am hosting there in July 2013. The staff was very professional and friendly. The rooms were neat and clean and the beds were very comfortable. I would choose this hotel again. My overall experience was great. The manager was very friendly also. He had made all of my arrangements for me, so upon my arrival, everything was ready for me. It was like he already knew me when he walked in the lobby. We had never met, just talked on the phone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brenda C
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

It was a real pleasure meeting you and I am glad that you had such a nice stay. We are looking forward to hosting your group. Thank you for such a nice comment.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were in Daytona for the race and I had made the reservation in October 2012. Our room was beautiful with a view of the pool and beach (#519). It was recently updated and modern. We had a balconcy to view the firepits and activity on the beach. It was better than expected from the reviews I read when I booked our travel. Jamie and Randi were particularly helpful and Moe was most welcoming when we checked in. The staff of the restaurant were friendly and efficient. We perfer to stay in a quiet area and travel to activity, which this hotel provides. The 'action' is approximately 2 miles away; we walked but taxi and a trolley is available. The hotel is better than Daytona itself; the city is tired. This is a great spot to enjoy the sun and sand.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CapeCodJudie
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for recognizing some of the staff that impressed you while you were staying with us. I am very happy that you had such a great time. It was a great week here with the race and everyone was having a wonderful time. We are glad that you took the time to share with others as this will help them decide on where to stay and of course as anyone can see by all the great comments that this is the place to be.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We just returned from a week at this HI (Daytona 500). I booked the room because I'm always pleased with HI properties and due to the TA reviews. First off, the staff is very gracious, I called at 11am the day of for an early check-in and they were very accomodating. Second, the pool area is great, with a seperate toddler pool, great lounge chairs, and two firepits. Also, kids eat free in the restaurant and room service is priced pretty much the same as the restaurant with only a small delivery fee added. (However, one morning at breakfast I got to listen to a waitress telling the whole room how much of an inconvenience room service was to her and how she avoids answering the phone--- no wonder I always had to call a couple of times in the morning for our room service breakfast that I thought was such a blessing).
Here's what bothered me--our beds were clean, but the floors never were. The same large sticky spot was in our bathroom for all 6 days. It's clear that the cleaning staff doesn't vacuum corners or mop tile (and I always pick up before I leave the room and leave a tip with a thank you to housekeeping). I used the laundry area and the floor was really dirty- I had to be careful not to let my laundry hit the floor. The free WIFI was a blessing, because their TV channels for kids are very limited -- only one cartoon channel; and it doesn't show anything appropriate in the evenings. The hotel is definitely older and could use a good scrubbing. The neighborhood is non-existent with most stores closed up and no nearby restaurants. It is, however, only a couple of miles to city walk with good shopping and restaurants.
I think next time we attend the Daytona 500 we will be staying at a different location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for sharing your stay with us. I am delighted that you had some great things to say about your stay, however I am concerned about some of your comments and I can tell you that this has been addressed immediately with the server who mentioned that to you who stated that she was having a friendly converstaion with you and felt comfortable enough to inform you about some of her concerns in doing room service. She has had a counseling and this is not the type of service as you can see from all other comments that we wish to be known for. We have also addressed the housekeeping concern as we not only have housekeepers , but inspectors for every room. These comments are not taken lightly as you can see we take great pride in our hotel. We have a very high rating and would be much higher if Trip Advisor included hotels that are in the same geographics markets like all beachfront hotels in one area and so on. Please give us another try and you will see that this was an isolated incident and your concerns have been addressed. We had over 9000 people come through our hotel last month with no bad comments this makes a big statement on our product and service level at our property.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

On balance, most hotel personnel (front desk, service providers) were courteous and helpful. In particular, one of the people who worked in the H2O restaurant and lounge was especially courteous; with a great attitude and a pleasant personality. Her first name is Sue, and I think she's an asset to the organization.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you for your input about our staff. I will let Sue know about the great comment she received and she will be very happy to hear that she made yet another positive impact on a guest stay. Come back again soon!