“Typical Holiday Inn with Great Restaurant”

Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Colorado
“Typical Holiday Inn with Great Restaurant”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I may not have noticed this when booking: no tub in room; only a shower. Poor shower pressure on the first days & by the day of of checkout, there was barely a trickle of water coming from shower. (I'm sure the desk would've helped us, but we were in a big hurry to check out that morning & did not call.) Also I thought I was booking a beach FRONT room, but I got a beach VIEW room on the side of the hotel. (I may not have read this clearly at the time ??). Anyway from my room I could see both the beach & the city (Speedway & airport way far away in the distance); but double check on what you really want when booking. Parking was a bit crowded on Daytona 500 weekend. Room was small, but clean & appeared as pictured. I was nervous at first about room near elevator, but was not bothered at all from hallway noise. We could hear street traffic in our room with the patio door open at night. Front desk was helpful & pleasant on all occasions. No free breakfast, but in-hotel restaurant had very good food. We ate for lunch & got burgers & dinner we had steak (Our server Jacki was awesome!), Hotel offered flat rate $10.00 per person taxi to Speedway. Fridge in room was very small without the tiny freezer option. Microwave was small, but cooked what we wanted. 7-11 store directly across the street. Adequate room for our needs, but overpriced of course, due to Daytona weekend prices. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you very much for a very thourough review. Let me address some of your comments. Often people forget that Ocean View is Ocean front. We try to explain in the description, but it is a common mistake. We always try and upgrade to our ocean front rooms, but unfortunately like you said a very full hotel during the Daytona 500. The shower I am not sure what happened unless everyone at the same time with a full hotel was doing it at the same time or perhaps the faucet head needed changing as from time to time the sand could clog it in which case a switch of a new head would of been an easy fix, but like you said you were in a hurry. I am glad that your overall stay was good. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The Holiday Inn personnel were all so friendly. Special thanks to Jamie & DJ who checked us in. They took the time to answer questions and made us feel important as quests. The entire staff was exceptional. Enjoyed the entertainment on the deck and the time spent at the pool. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in an Ocean View room. Highly recommended.
1 Thank Brian-Colleen S
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you very much for recognizing some of our staff. I will certainly let them know what a great job they are doing. It sounds like you had a very memorable stay and you just can't put a price on that. Thank you for sharing.
Bowmanville, Canada
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Because this hotel is right on the beach and has balconies, I gave it a very good rating. Otherwise, I'd say it is average. All of the rooms face the beach and the hallways to them are outdoors. This is fine if it's nice out. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. I love balconies. The lobby was attractive and service was good. They have a nice big pool by the beach with plenty of lounge chairs. Parking is included as is WIFI service. The location of this hotel is quite removed from the action. If you don't have a vehicle, there is very little within walking distance, not even any restaurants. If you want to be where the action is, I would recommend you choose a hotel farther north up the beach. They do have a pub looking restaurant on site which looked a bit dark and dingy but to be fair we only walked through it and didn't eat there. This hotel charges a $6.00 per day resort fee.

1 Thank jdsjas
Thank you for your review. We offer many things to do right here at the property. We have live entertainment Fri and Sat. We have an activities director who will have fun activities for the kids. We offer a large heated pool. We have fire pits , jacuzzi, kids splash park so even if you go north a little there is not much else to do maybe a couple more shops, but the beach and the amenities are all right here.
birmingham
Reviewed February 25, 2013

we have stayed here twice - returning for our third time this year and love the place - excellent service from all staff, great food, great rooms,lovely pool area and lovely location on the beach, we've never had a problem.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gmfanBirmingham
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
That is great to hear that you have been here many times. I am thrilled that we are your choice hotel when visting Daytona Beach. Thank you for the great rating and we look forward to welcoming you back again.
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My name is Courtney (Danny) Smith and I am a gold member of the Holiday Inn Express, I stay in alot of hotels (reason im a gold member) but I have yet to comment or go out of my way to say how much I enjoyed the customer service here, I have never remembered names at the front desk, which is ok, I always have a great stay. This is kinda different, Every person at the front desk (Melissa, and D.J) when I first arrived was absolutly better than great, DJ helped me figure out where the heck I was and later Melissa made my day, forgot my razzor, well you would think as many times as i stay out of town, i would have remembered, I didnt, she gave me a razzor, and offered shaving cream (which i took). This is a first for me (Going 100% out of there way, to make the customer happy, you never see that anymore, what a awesome front desk staff) The night winded down and i was getting ready for the DAYTONA 500!! had to make it loud,....got up early and was packing up, realizing I had no plastic spoons, forks, or etc. called the front desk asked if they had any plastic spoons, or forks, etc....This is when I met Horlando (kept calling him Orlando, didnt realize till later, but he still kept a smile on his face, what an awesome guy) not only when I called down from my room, when I got down there, he had the plastic spoons, knifes, forks, etc. all together and with a rubberband tied around them, thats awesome....Point being the people i met (which i remember) Melissa, D.J, and Horlando was greater than awesome. (I have never commented on any Hotel), I just felt like, this was needed to be commented on, great staff (Front Desk).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Your comment means alot especially since you never commented before. I see that everything about your stay was a great experience and I am really glad. I will inform those specific staff members as we always recognize those that are mentioned. Thank you again for a positive review.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort in Daytona Beach during a business trip in February. The rooms were clean, beds comfortable, and with both soft and firm pillows, even my neck didn't hurt. The towels were very soft. I didn't go in the pool or hot tub, but they looked like fun. The splash pool would be great for kids when it's warmer out. The H2O restaurant was okay - good service but the food isn't special. My room was right across from an elevator, but was still very quiet. I wish the breakfast was free.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank OneOfSixInMD
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay and we are happy to hear that. These comments are very important in helping others when they try and decide on where to stay. So we appreciate you sharing to everyone how your stay was. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I pulled up to workers walking around the property with garbage bags picking up cigarette butts and other minute garbage particles. I knew right then that I had chosen the right hotel for my three day getaway.

Their actions showed an attention to detail.

The front desk clerk was amazing. Melissa, even called up to the room to find out how everything was once we got settled. I've only experienced such attentiveness at 5 star hotels.

The room has 2 beds, a kitchenette (stove top, microwave,standing fridge, utensils and a table for 2), iron, ironing board, luggage holder, it also has a balcony with miles and miles of Ocean Front View. (Rm 609)

As I write this, I'm enjoying the sound of the waves and the gleaming light of the sun rising over the ocean.

The only drawback to this place is the banging of your neighbors sliding door. It was intolerable!!! It appears that this person perhaps smokes (I smelt it, not just assuming) and they were constantly in and out on their rooms and unto their balconies, which resulted in the constant noise of the door sliding then banging shut!!

Besides that I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel with its vibrant colors and equally vibrant employees.

Enjoy your stay!!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Terry J
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Sounds like you had a wonderful time. That is what we are all about creating a lifetime of memories. Thank you for sharing and come back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daytona Beach
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach
Sun Viking Lodge
Sun Viking Lodge
#5 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!