“Nice hotel in February”

Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #5 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort in Daytona Beach during a business trip in February. The rooms were clean, beds comfortable, and with both soft and firm pillows, even my neck didn't hurt. The towels were very soft. I didn't go in the pool or hot tub, but they looked like fun. The splash pool would be great for kids when it's warmer out. The H2O restaurant was okay - good service but the food isn't special. My room was right across from an elevator, but was still very quiet. I wish the breakfast was free.

1  Thank OneOfSixInMD
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay and we are happy to hear that. These comments are very important in helping others when they try and decide on where to stay. So we appreciate you sharing to everyone how your stay was. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I pulled up to workers walking around the property with garbage bags picking up cigarette butts and other minute garbage particles. I knew right then that I had chosen the right hotel for my three day getaway.

Their actions showed an attention to detail.

The front desk clerk was amazing. Melissa, even called up to the room to find out how everything was once we got settled. I've only experienced such attentiveness at 5 star hotels.

The room has 2 beds, a kitchenette (stove top, microwave,standing fridge, utensils and a table for 2), iron, ironing board, luggage holder, it also has a balcony with miles and miles of Ocean Front View. (Rm 609)

As I write this, I'm enjoying the sound of the waves and the gleaming light of the sun rising over the ocean.

The only drawback to this place is the banging of your neighbors sliding door. It was intolerable!!! It appears that this person perhaps smokes (I smelt it, not just assuming) and they were constantly in and out on their rooms and unto their balconies, which resulted in the constant noise of the door sliding then banging shut!!

Besides that I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel with its vibrant colors and equally vibrant employees.

Enjoy your stay!!

1  Thank Terry J
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. That is what we are all about creating a lifetime of memories. Thank you for sharing and come back soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Came from Chicago area to see my Sister, (I haven't seen her in more than 2 years), and celebrate my birthday. Beautiful hotel and pool. Love our room and a fabulous view!
We needed some direction and DJ at the front desk helped up quickly and got us exactly what we wanted with a great smile and even said happy birthday to me. All the front desk crew were awesome and I will be returning soon!

Room Tip: Any floor on ocean side has great view of ocean, beach, pool, people watching and the sunrise!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive stay with others. This helps as future guests are looking for a resort to stay at while visiting the Daytona Beach area. We strive to make sure each and every guest have a most memorable stay. That is why I take the time to respond to every guests comments because we really care about what you have to stay and see where we can constantly make more improvements. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We are totally enjoying our stay. Our room is beautifully decorated with a very spacious bathroom and a perfect view of the ocean. Very relaxing! Stop by the "H2O Bar & Grille" and see Sue! She'll take good care if you. The food is great!

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for a great response. I am glad that you took the time to to let us know. We are working hard to consistently exceed your expectations. Thank you again for sharing and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

This place is great. Beautiful, clean rooms. Excellent staff. They upgraded me to the best room in resort and had a fantastic time. Would recommend for any traveler. Great little restaurant with a bar next to the pool.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

I am very happy that you had such a great time! Thank you for your great endorsement of our property. I couldn't of said it any better myself.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed here for Biketoberfest and although I waited to long to book for Bikeweek they actually were able to get the last room today! Why they say this is only a 2 star hotel is beyond me.I think it's a high 3 star.They have covered parking for my bike and the hotel is very clean!!! Very slightly dated but it is an older hotel.I am a registered priority member so the check in was extremely fast and I got a late check out as well!! The staff is extremely friendly!! The food was outstanding in the resteraunt. We had breakfast once and dinner twice. The price was also affordable as it is a full resort. I have stayed at as many as 8-12 different resorts in Daytona Beach and this is my favorite as far as amenities for the price. I can't wait to ride in or bikeweek!!Thanks Holiday Inn Beach Resort Daytona!!

Room Tip: 4th floor beachfront = awesome view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

We certainly are looking forward to having you back. We are thrilled that we are your only choice when visiting the Daytona market. Thank you very much for sharing. It is going to be a busy week here. We are a three diamond resort so I am not sure where you noticed that we were a two star? Welcome Back!!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Front desk crew are outstanding..Very knowledgeable with the area, responded to our request almost before we arrived to our room. We had a very nice ocean front top floor room. Very clean large room with coffee pot and mini-refridge, Plenty of hot water and firm mattress and excellent view of the ocean. Prices in the dining/bar were reasonable. We will return there if we stay in that area again. Plus, nice pool and two outside gas fire pits. Direct access to the beach. Outdoor spa.

Room Tip: Try for a room facing the beach. Costs a couple dollars more but well worth it. Excellent view of th...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

We strive for a five star rating each and everytime. We want to thank you for rating us at the highest level. This tells us that we are doing our job to ensure your complete satisfaction and it informs others that we would be a great choice while visiting the Daytona Beach area.