“Best Value and Service BY FAR!”

Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #10 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Best Value and Service BY FAR!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We booked an ocean view room on priceline for $65 per night, and it was the best 80 bucks (with tax) I've spent in a while! The rooms are very nice and clean, with granite countertops and flat screen tvs. The patio was quiet with a fair view of the Atlantic. We slept really well! The customer service was wonderful! Jose, our server and bartender at the beachfront restaurant downstairs was an absolute delight! He treated my 2 year old daughter like a princess, and went out of his way to provide us with more than anything we requested. Becky was very helpful as well. Also, the front desk was extremely helpful, specifically Ekta, who signed us up for the Holiday Inn Rewards, and we got a free 2 pm late checkout! Also, the pool area is awesome if you have children! There is a large kiddie splash area where I was able to lay out and relax while my daughter played safely and blissfully in the shallow pool with huge waterfalls! The beach is really quite beautiful, and there is a chair and umbrella rental about 10 feel from the hotel!
All in all, this hotel is impeccably run, and I will stay there every time we visit. Book this, you will LOVE it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank beccadowling
Kenneth B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
We believe that we offer great value and I am very happy to see that you agree. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with others and we are thrilled that you had such a great time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
Orlando Florida USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Hotel rooms are modern and clean, nice sheets, soft fluffy pillows.

Beach towels are stringy, scratchy and really small though.

Upon checkin you get vouchers for complimentary drinks, Bartender lady NOT friendly.

• Stayed August 2012
Kenneth B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay. I will look into who was the bartender that night and inform that person of your comment. We expect a lot from our employees and we will have a talk with that person to remind him or her why they are here. As far as the pool towels go. When checking out towels you can get as many as you need. We have not had this comment before so if it does become problematic we will take a look at other options. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was so pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It is modern and updated and so clean. Especially for being directly on the beach. The staff was so friendly and helpful and the rooms were gorgeous and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel again. The pools (full and kiddie) were perfectly clean and the jacuzzi was great too. The fire pits outside were a nice touch as well. It was so nice to sit at the restaurant outside and just listen to the live music and relax. It's close enough to all the restaurants and bars to be a short drive but far enough that it's quiet at night.

Room Tip: The king suites, if available, are spectacular!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leah S
Kenneth B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for your 5 star rating. We have invested a lot of money to get this property to receive comments like yours. We offer a newly renovated property on the inside as well as the outside. We offer many amenities like a kids splash park, volley ball right on the beach, fire pits, 10 ft pool just to name a few. We are looking forward to welcoming you back and thank you again for a wonderful comment. We share all comments with our staff.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

This is the second time we stayed here, Nicole at the reception was very attentive, we requested early check-in and lower floor. Everything was just perfect, lovely ocean front room! This is the perfect place to stay in Daytona Beach, close to every thing, great beach location but the pool at the hotel is just perfect for us. The restaurant is not fancy but good service and nice tables overlooking the pool and beach.

Stayed August 2012
Kenneth B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
First off I would like to welcome you back! We appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience with others. This is very helpful when people are trying to make decisions on where to stay. I am so glad that your stay was awesome and you have now helped others decide on where to stay to share that same experience.
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

This Holiday Inn Resort provided everything I expected and more! This is true from the great, "straight-on" view from the balconies actually facing the ocean (not at an angle) to guest services to the pool to cleanliness to the dining experiences. Our family of four spent 3 nights here in mid-August.

There was a certain amount of nostalgia with this stay - growing up, our family always stayed at roadside Holiday Inns, typically 2-story, exterior room access, and large pools. When my boys (12 and 9) saw the pool, they said, "wow, it's 10 feet deep!" I explained how hotel pools were in the good ole days! This pool is very large and welcoming. The colorful lights after dark add another element of fun. The hot tub was actually hot and the fire pits added a nice touch.

We reserved a Kid's Suite, which had 2 beds and a little nook with a bunk bed for the kids. The nook also had its own lights for each bunk, overhead light and tv. The balcony provided some extra space for sitting and admiring sunrises, waves, beach, starry nights, and evening lightning over the ocean. The room appeared modern and everything was clean and in good working order. There was also a small fridge and small microwave. Wireless Internet worked fine.

Beach access was just a few steps down from the pool area.

I don't typically eat a lot of meals in hotel restaurants, but the convenience of eating immediately after burning up energy at the beach and pool made it to enticing to not give it a try. I'm glad we did! We didn't eat every meal there (see also reviews soon for Aunt Catfish's restaurant, Medieval Times, and Stavros Pizza), but the breakfasts, lunches, and dinners we did eat were great! The food was tasty and delivered with wonderful service from people like Jose. He is there to truly serve the guests and help them have a great dining experience and stay.

Becky, at the front desk, is amazing! She greeted me with a warm smile when I checked in and then somehow remembered my name and face everytime I needed assistance or had a question. I travel a lot for business, spending over 100 nights a year in hotels - Becky truly stands out as a role model for guest services (DJ and others were great also, I just happened to have most contact with Becky).

All in all, this was a great stay at a great beachfront hotel. I personally liked that it was a little bit away from the busiest, more crowded areas of the beach and town. I highly recommend it to others and will definitely make it my first choice if I return to Daytona Beach.

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies and completely face the ocean. The Kids Suites (there are only 2) provide...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a very thourough review. We definitely have one of the best pool decks and like you said not many are 10 ft deep. It is a beautiful pool. The kids splash park is also one of a kind. This resort is a very friendly family property with all the amenities to keep you and your family right here at the property. I am delighted that your stay was so enjoyable and thank you for sharing it with others as they try and decide on where to stay. You just made there decision a little easier.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Came here for a little family getaway before school started for our kids. We had an incredible time here! The staff - especially Dawn and Jennifer are absolutely top notch - the best of the best! The room was very comfortable and the oceanview cannot be beat. Also, we had a meal at their onsite restaurant, and the food was very good!

My wife and kids had already decided before we left, that we are definitely coming back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PST_DOS
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Pluses: We had a wonderful balcony and ocean view, kids loved the pool and beach. Location is convenient to shops and restaurants and there is a pool bar and restaurant.

Minuses: Had to ask for extra towels twice before they arrived, you have to "check out" pool towels and return before getting new ones, the AC unit blows directly on the person (me) sleeping in one of the beds. The AC unit is only a few inches from the face. If you are a person who sweats at night you would love freezing air blowing in your ears, up your nose, etc. but I didn't like it. As soon as you turn up temp one degree, it goes off and you sweat so I stayed up all night switching it. Bring a sound machine if you are noise sensitive.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the elevator and as high up as possible for best views.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kenneth B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
I am glad that your overall stay was an enjoyable one. I would like to address your concern over the A/C. All of our air conditioners are energy efficient and very quiet. I am not sure exactly what was wrong, but I hope that when you come back and you experience anything like that you call the front desk and we can address any concerns that you have. This is not a comment we ever get so I am very concerned. Also there are adjustments on the air flow. It sounds as though your room was very cool. I know the rest can be corrected. We are here to make your stay most enjoyable and memorable so please whenever you are experiencing anything that you are not comfortable with please let us know. No problem is too big or too small. We are here because of you. Thank you again for sharing your comment.