“Great room. Wonderful location, and cockroaches!”

Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #5 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed June 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here June 5, 2012 on our motorcycle trip from Boston, Ma. to Miami. After a long hot day riding, it was great to throw our bags in the room and walk out to the beach! We always look for the Holiday inn when we travel because we usually can rely on the room being CLEAN and their prices reasonable. After our swim (which was Great!) we showered and headed down stairs to the restaurant for a bite to eat. They told us we could order and they would deliver it up to the room, but there was no one answering the phones even though the restaurant was nearly empty. No big deal. After eating, we headed back up to the room and found a HUGE Cockroach in the hallway leading to our room. Then while sitting on our balcony, another HUGE Cockroach ran out from under the chair. When I informed the front desk that they might want to call and exterminator, she simply said "Oh well, this is Florida- you have to expect that". No, I don't have to expect that. We have stayed at dozens of hotels all over Florida and NONE of them have had Cockroaches, and I never expected an employee of the Holiday Inn to be so dismissive of a camplaint. As I said, we alway seek out Holiday Inns when we travel and have probably stayed close to a hundred times at different locations, but I definately won't be back to this location as they don't seem to care. I gave it two stars because the location is right on the beach and the rooms have been updated nicely- although I did feel the need to check for bed bugs after that. We will be staying at another hotel on our way back to Boston in a couple weeks. There are alot of hotels in Daytona Beach, so my suggestion would be to stay somewhere else. By the way our room was on the top (7th) floor so these cockroaches must be crawling all over this building!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank camero01
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

It has rained all week when you were staying with us and while we treat very thouroughly her for bugs, when it rains alot there are some that get by. We are very sorry about that and that is certainly not the normal experience of our guest nor is that the response you should of received. I will look into this matter.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Great view, clean room, loved the free internet.

Our only complaint was poor service at the restaurant, which had mediocre food. It was nice the kids ate free, and we got 2 complimentary drinks, but we experienced extremely slow service and mistakes in our order. An 18% gratuity is automatically added for all parties, which could eliminate any incentive to provide good service.

Nice to see you read and reply to all the reviews posted here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

I am delighted that your overall experience was good. I am going to look into the restaurant issue. I know that we have some new employees, but that is no excuse for bad service. I am very sorry about that. I hope that you asked for a manager for your troubles.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I have experienced a wonderful time just by reading all of the fantastic reviews. I searched diligently to find the perfect resort for our upcoming 25th wedding anniversary. I want to make this a very special occasion. I chose Holiday Inn Resort based on all the excellent comments. I am extremely excited and will be there from July 29th - August 2nd 2012. I too spoke with Steve after booking through the 800 number. Steve enlightened me on a few questions I had regarding the King Oceanfront Hot Tub room that I've booked. I was elated to find out that this room is actually a suite!!! Hey Steve although you don't know, it is our anniversary celebration, and you made my day. I informed him that he better be there when we arrived because he was just so much fun to speak with!! I hope to have a memorable time in which my husband and I shall never forget. I have a good feeling that we will not be disappointed.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank actressIndiana
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Anticipation is half of the fun. You can rest assure that you have found a great place. You will have a great time at this property and we are looking forward to your arrival as you celebrate your anniversary. Congratulatiions!

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Whether it's for a week long vacation or a theraputic getaway, The Holiday Inn Resort in Daytona Beach is the place to be. From the moment we checked in the friendly staff made us feel right at home. This was our second time in 2 months, and will be returning as much as we can. The rooms are beautifully updated with Flat Screen TV's and brand new bathrooms, very clean and comfortable. Enjoyed a Frozen Margarita pool side and a delicious lunch at the hotel restaurant. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking to stay in Daytona, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Try to get a room above the 3rd floor, the higher the better, more of an ocean view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Annette D
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Wow, we can't ask for a better review than that. I am so glad that you feel this way that says a lot about our property. Thank you for sharing as we always like to think of this place as a little slice of heaven. We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I booked this room for a long Memorial Day Weekend (4 nights) because there is not a Marriott on the water within the area(Marriott is my first choice and Holiday Inn is second). The hotel is an older property that has been refreshed. The pool area was nice and my wife and I really liked the "basket weave" style reclining lounge chairs...very comfortable--managed to read a very long novel in 3 1/2 days. Our 5th floor room was 2 doors down from the elevator on the 5th floor but we were never disturbed. The room was very clean, had 2 very comfortable beds, and the small kitchen served our purposes. The A/C kinda' shuttered at times and on the first night, woke me up...after that I got used to the noise. The staff was very friendly and appeared to take care of everyone very efficiently.

Only real complaint was the elevator. It seemed to have a mind of its own and would skip floors, indicate you were going down and then go up....it was a roll of the dice and was noticed and commented on by several folks we saw. If I am in the area, I would stay at this resort, again. Parking could be a little bit of a challenge and getting away from the smokers at the pool was impossible.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1NCfoodie

I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for the great response and hopefully now you will stay here even if there is ever a marriott on the beach.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

My family gathered at this hotel and not one complaint everyone enjoyed their stay at this hotel. Rooms were clean, oceanfront was great, price was good. We had 10 rooms and no complaints. 5/11/12

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

We really enjoyed having your group stay with us. I am glad that everyone had a memorable experience. These are the comments that we never get tired of hearing. Thank you very much for sharing this with others.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have the amazing luxury of staying at this property for a few months. This property offers kids activity center, a kid pool, a very wonderful pool with a depth of over 10 feet. A hot tub that is more than warm.

Fridays and Saturdays they offer Live music pool side. Staff is always very friendly and enjoyable.

Play some daily pool side bingo and then walk on to the beach for a hotdog!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CurryRussell

Your are absolutely right we have many amenities to keep you right here at the property. This is what makes us a true resort. Not very many hotels offer all of the unique amenities that we have as you mentioned our kids splash park, 10 ft crystal clear pool , jacuzzi, outdoor/indoor restaurant, volley ball court on the beach and much more. Thanks for sharing. We are looking forward to welcoming you back!