“Great hotel”

Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #5 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed June 27, 2011

First trip to Daytona so I did'nt know what to expect. The only problem with this hotel is the slow elevator and the small parking lot. Everything else was perfect, the view the beach, the room. We will be back.

1  Thank homewood_traveler41
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2011

We appreciate the time that you took to inform others about what a wonderful stay that you had. A tip about the elevators. We have three of them and everyone seems to use the middle elevator so it is not that it is slow rather it is the busiest. If you use the other two elevators on each end you will get there much quicker.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,655)

Reviewed June 24, 2011

We arrived at the Holiday Inn Daytona resort after having some trouble with the Best Western Aku Tiki Inn down the street. The hotel and rooms were very clean, no problems in that aspect. We were also given a room with a very nice ocean and pool view, which was very nice as well. Also, the restaurant in the hotel is very good for a really good price. I was, however, dissatisfied by a few aspects of this hotel. First, I found the staff of the front desk quite rude, especially when we checked in. Also, we were woken up at 5am for a wake up call that was not for our room. On top of that, the gentlemen did not even bother to appologize over the phone, even though he had woken us up while we were on vacation! Also, the laundry facilities were out of order for both times we tried to use them. In addition, the parking lot is very poorly designed, making it difficult to park for any medium sized cars. Finally, I am not sure whether or not the hotel allows solicitations, but we must have accumulated well over 50 advertisement panflets through our door in the span of a week.

Bottom line: Very clean facilities, but poor service

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank martin123444
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2011

I am delighted that you enjoyed the property and I have mentioned in the comments below I will address the other concerns that you have. I am looking forward to your next visit so that you can write how great this property is twice like you did with these two comments.We appreciate your input.

Reviewed June 21, 2011

My friends and I checked into this hotel after having some problems with the Best Western Aku Tiki Inn down the street. Overall we were very pleased with out stay here! We were offered a great price per night during our 7 night stay in Daytona. The rooms were extremely clean and our room had a kitchenette, fridge and freezer with pots and pans and other utensils. We had an amazing view of the ocean and pool and beach in front of the hotel was very clean and enjoyable. If I would change one thing it would be the service. The men were very kind and helpful but the women I found to be very rude and incompetent. We were also woken up during the night for a wake up call that we didn`t ask for because they had gotten the room number wrong. Also we had rented a car and on our last day in daytona we noticed it had a dent near the driver`s door. The parking lot is very tight and there aren`t enough parking spaces. With exception of these few quirks, we had a great time and would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank mandi_09
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2011

We appreciate your comments as this helps us see where we need to improve. I am glad that you had a nice stay and I can tell you that I will address your other concerns to make sure that we exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

Everything about the hotel was fabulous. All remodeled, great view from the room, great pool, nice relaxing evening and view from outside the room, great beds. All I have to say is fabulous vacation and we are already planning another trip in august!
If I could change anything it would be the crowdedness of the parking garage, but that wasn't a deal breaker for us!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Kah0003
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I don't usually associate the Holiday Inn with top tier quality and service, but this was definitely up there! This location was recently remodeled and the result is a clean, modern look with excellent service thrown in.
My 16 month old loved the kiddie pool and my husband and I loved the ocean view balcony and the fact that it is right on the beach. Everyone who worked there was very friendly and helpful. Very family friendly. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2011

I like your comment "WoW". I guess that pretty much says it all. Thank you for mentioning some of the amenities that you will not find in any other hotel. We put a lot into making this hotel seperate us from all the others by putting in a kids splash park, fire pits, kids play room with an activities director, volley ball on the beach, ocean front dining and so much more!!

Reviewed June 13, 2011

we have just got back from spending weekend at this hotel, older hotel that has been updated very pleasant clean rooms with granite bathrooms, comfy beds most rooms overlook ocean some come with kitchen ,full size fridge, pots and pans etc vouchers with free breakfast and kids eat free and for a change regarding a beach front hotel food is very good and not over priced, pool area not over crowded and have some pool side attivities for kids we will be back had great time very family friendly we were told by other guests if u get a coupon book at times you can get rate of $71 a night, so theres a deal if you know so next time we will look into this lol so go as you will be very pleased we normally stay at the hilton but we needed 2 rooms and wasnt going to pay $500 for one night so we will be switching to here as its all new dont get me wrong we love hilton too but its getting a little tired looking could do with a refurb

Room Tip: u can get good rate if u just walkin
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

I am glad that you received a great value while not sacrificing quality or amenities. I do want to address your concern over the $71.00 coupon rate that is out there while we do have some promotional rates out there that one is only available on a walk in basis and based on availability. It also will get you an ocean view room not an ocean front . So just know that you could also pay a much higher rate by waiting last minute. I am thrilled you had a good time and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Me and my husband went for our 15th anniversary June 8th through June 12th. We loved it. This resort is great for family or couples. Check in was great we got there late around 11:30 pm and Rolando was waiting for us we where his last check ins for the night very very friendly thank you Rolando for your help. The room we had was great and wonderful ocean front view. The whole hotel has been remodeled. The pool and hot tube was very nice and they have games out by the pool deck for everyone. The lady that was there doing the games is very nice and friendly. Yes will be be returning back to Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach. Very Very clean.

1  Thank Adrian_Ga_Kelly

Your comments are very important to us and I want to thank you for sharing your comments so that others can make a better informed decision of where to stay in Daytona Beach. There are many hotels to choose from, but we know that we have a unique hotel that sets us apart from the rest so come and see why.