“Awful- Do not stay here”

The Suites at Americano Beach
Ranked #39 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The only good thing about it was the location- right on the beach. The pool was also very nice. When I called about the resort, they lied to me and said the rooms were newly remodeled. When I arrived and saw how outdated my room was (that I paid $800 for!) I asked for one of the newly remodeled rooms. They said they haven't remodeled in nearly 10 years if not more. Also, parking is TERRIBLE! I was told I had two parking spots but day after day was made to park across the street in the motel parking lot! In the whole resort, there were two elevators. Most of the time I would be waiting 15-25 min on one. Very disappointed I will never be returning to the Americano it is a mistake and a misleading resort. Very poor experience.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank LauraScott1970

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We were here about 12 years ago and the place was in a lot better shape. But, even though it is showing its age all the rooms are clean and everything works. The pool is excellent as is the beach access. The front desk personnel are very helpful and friendly and you cannot beat the location. A great place to stay for a week. Both the rooms had fully equipped kitchens,

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank JimK761
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My boyfriend has a timeshare here. We stayed for a week in May and it was very nice. The label of resort is misleading. The rooms are average, but they are complete suites. All rooms have a great view of the beach. They provide packets of soap for the dishwasher and a couple of small bars of soap in the bathroom. They do not provide dish soap, shampoo, lotion and all of the other toiletries that other hotels do provide. Construction is a constant occurrence, but it did not interfere with any of our activities. The staff was very pleasant. Daytona Beach itself is struggling. The entire town is showing the effects of the recent economy. Don't believe commercials on TV. Cars are allowed to park on the beach. Shopping is touristy. But all in all it was a great getaway week.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie M
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Quite disappointed in room. Had no balcony or deck. In-room amenities very limited. No dishwasher soap, starter coffee, paper towels - all items normally included in a timeshare exchange. Great beach, pools and exercise room. Location very good. Good restaurants in area. Hotel is old and in need of refurbishing, Staff is very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank TravelinGal920
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We have a timeshare with Bluegreen and booked this place through RCI but I'm very disappointed by having all these average or poor places being rentals under RCI.I read some of the reviews and decided to take a chance and stay anyways which wasn't too bad but it could definitely be in better conditions especially since you're charged an additional $50 for housekeeping fees. We were interrupted several times in the morning by knocks on the door from maintenance to pest control then housekeeping just to ask if were staying again(which should have been known by front desk) The dishes in the Kitchen were put away dirty which I would have washed myself prior to using anyway but it just gave me a gross feeling of the room

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sabor69
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We have been going for at least 10 years now I think. Every Easter we go and spend a week. Great value, great place, and they are always upgrading each year we go back and find new upgrades.
The staff are great, the room with all the comforts of home are also great value. Dish washer, full kitchen, 2 bathrooms (Tomoka) you can't beat the value we get. (we get a sweet Canadian deal)
The only thing I would say is new beds are needed, but I know they are working on that.
Right on the beach, you also have a awesome outdoor pool, indoor pools and hot tubs, you are close to great places to eat, and shopping. Or you can use the bbq's and have a great cook out. The TIKI room is also available onsite for drinks and food.
I cant say enough of this vacation spot for our family and I have recruited many Canadians to enjoy it too. Should actually get a commission. LOL
Try it I am sure you will like it!

Room Tip: Pool side or Ocean view rooms are best, but you can actually see the ocean from every room the ones...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Michele A
Reviewed January 4, 2014

great resort for all beautifull outdoor pool and indoor pool. great people and staff. will definitely go back great value for the money and close to everything, with beach in backyard. awesome!!!!onsite tiki bar with pool tables and very good wings. work out facility is very well equipped ,sauna, whirlpool what more do you need??? free parking, bingo at 2 most days, boardwalk just down the beach ,daytona lagoon,go karts water slides arcade. shopping restaurants. must try black sheep pub just down the road amazing pub grub!!!

Room Tip: ocean front 2bed 2 bath .
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family