“Loved it!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #57 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Lancaster
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

This was our first visit to the Americano and I really don't have anything bad to say about it. True, it's not the fanciest place in the world but that's ok with us. We stayed in a one bedroom unit overlooking the pool in June 2012. Our unit had an excellent view of the beach and was very clean and comfortable and provided an excellent base for our adventures around the area. I really have to say I liked just about everything about the Americano from the pool, the beach access, the room, the staff, etc. The Tiki bar and grill downstairs is very convenient and the food is good and reasonably priced. Check in and out was a breeze and we would go back tomorrow if we could.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Had three units for my family, one bedroom and 2 two bedrooms. Units were clean and comfortable and plenty of room! The resort itself could use a little facelift but overall it was good. Nice big outdoor pool and also an indoor pool that came in handy as the weather was bad a couple of days ! Beach access was good. Never used the restaurant at the resort, so I can' t really rate that. The resort also had a very nice exercise room! Parking was good, but if you have more than one car in a unit you might have to park across the street. We did not have any problems with parking.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Beattl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

We have been going for 15+ years. This is a great place with wonderful guests and staff:) july 4th week is the best. After reading several reviews I am disappointed but not surprised by some people.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Madka2
Burlington, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

We had two "condos", one for us and the other for our daughter and friend who were in their late 20's. Both were on the same floor but were very different. Neither were that nice but they were relatively clean. I bought air fresheners and fabreze to deal with the odour. They worked very well. Pool towels were the size of dish towels, so we all went out and purchased our own pool towels. They should remove all the plastic flowers from the rooms, as they are fake and faded looking and rennovate the bathroom and kitchen.

Bed, pillows and sheets were not that comfortable. But the bed was big.

The staff was nice and helpful with all of us. The wrist band provided for the pool area was too small for my husband and he could not wear it. They need to have different sizes available as they were also too big for the girls.

The place does need some major repairs, around the pool, the rooms and reception.

What saved it for us was the location. The beach was great, we walked to the pier and restaurants, could make margarittas in our room to take to the pool (blenders provided) and the on site tikki bar was very handy and pretty good. The out door pool, while needing work on the deck area, was very nice to swim in, was clean and the water a comfortable temperature. The bedroom and kitchen had great ocean views, but a balcony would have been really nice. We sat by the pool instead.

While we wouldn't stay there again, the younger crowd may as they don't spend much time in the room and are not as concerned about a comfortable bed with nice soft sheets.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank lorraine k

Travelers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

I'm not sure who has the misunderstanding at staying here me or them! I felt like I was at home doing my own cleaning and washing towels. I assumed that maid service would come by each day to exchange out towels and take trash but found out after using every towel we had that they didn't provide that. I had missed towel exhange which is from 8 until 11 and it's done by odd/even day according to your room SO I had to buy laundry detergent and PAY for washing and drying in the laundry room or we would have had no towels. They advertise a lounge/breakfast lobby which is closed until May which would have been open only from 8 until 10. What place can't give you a somewhere to get coffee or a small complimentary cup at most. They would sell me a pack for a $1.00 and I could make my own. I don't know about you but when I am on vacation I do not want to be washing and drying towels or making anything on my own. It is OLD - it is clean but the era of decor makes you feel like it's not. No way would I walk around without my flip flops in the room. I am just confused on if it's a condo rental type or half hotel service. Some positive things, huge pool with lots of chairs, AWESOME beach access, tiki bar entertainment has some improvement but is nice in having a drink and sitting out being that there is no lounge. Leaves a lot to desired for a nice place to stay on vacation. Trust me when I tell you to find somewhere else unless where you stay does not matter and you are there just for sun and fun. I like amentities and niceness and did not want to be in my room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank sheryl d
Cayuga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

This the first time we have stayed at the Americano. My sister goes every year with other people and she recommended it to us. I am very glad she did, we will come back again. I like that we can cook in our rooms and that we are close alot of the attractions and shopping. Everyone on staff was friendly and went out of their way to help. They also got 60 new beds for the resort while we were there and were swapping them into the rooms when available. I used the workout room everyday and they had impromptu zumba classes scheduled by one of their clients staying for the week. Yes it is a dated motel but they are making every effort to bring it up to date. The Tiki bar down stairs has a basic menu and happy hour isn't that great of a deal but is handy if you don't feel like cooking. We will definately be back and hopefully will be bringing other couples with us.

Room Tip: if you like to watch the sun rise ask for a pool side room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Andrea D
St. Louis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

Made the spontaneous decision to stay overnight in Daytona Beach since the weather was so spectacular. We got two connecting rooms for our party of 6. Everything about the resort needs work. The rooms are very dated, like 1975-dated. The rooms did have new tile on the floors and newer TV's but otherwise in serious need of updating. The light switches for the bathrooms were on the outside of the rooms which my kids threatened to torment each other with whenever anyone was in there! The toilet seats were white but the toilets themselves were yellow, leading me to instinctively flush them every time I walked by! (Why would anyone even make a yellow toilet?) The beds were extremely hard (my personal deal-breaker) and the linens were scratchy. The pillows however, were nice. Thankfully, the rooms were both very clean. There were no balcony's but the windows did open. We opted not to open them because what little window ledge there was, was covered with bird droppings. The pool and pool deck are large but the pool is not heated. Indoor pool was warmer than outdoor, but both hot tubs were good. Nice beach access too. There was a snack brain the lobby where we intended to get something small for breakfast, the posted hours were 8:00-10:00 am. However, it was closed when we got down there at 9:40. In general, the service was good, everyone was friendly and prompt to assist. And I will say that there seemed to be a lot of work going on in the pool area and around a new Tiki Bar on the beach, so they are trying.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family