“hotel is outdated needs a complete overhall ,mold ,and...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Daytona Beach Downtown

Days Inn Daytona Beach Downtown
Ranked #74 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Woodstock, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Nice pool area, walk down steps to beach! Only minus has a very small spa. Great breakfast restaurant across the street with outstanding omelets. Front desk staff always very helpful!
A real plus is they have underground parking out of the sun.

Room Tip: Try the side balconies looking down the beach instead of beachfront
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bhupi P, General Manager at Days Inn Daytona Beach Downtown, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thanks a lot for taking some time off to leave us a review. Good customer service is very important to us, and we strive to make every guest's stay as pleasant as yours was. If you are ever in the area again, please feel free to contact us for your reservation needs. We would love to provide you our great services at competitive price again. As you must have noticed that we work so hard to try to ensure a complete guest satisfaction and it makes us feel proud when we accomplish our goal in terms of providing our best services out to our valuable guests. Your business is very important to us as always and we look forward to have you back with us real soon. I would like to thank you again for taking the time to fill out the survey.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Whoever thinks of staying here is crazy. They didn't clean my room for 4 days because I brought my 9 pound dog and she wasn't in a kennel and they refused to enter the room. I had to ask for toilet paper, tissues and towels. This motel is good for a one night stand. You also have to pay cash if you bring your pet; they won't accept credit card for your pet. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Bhupi P, General Manager at Days Inn Daytona Beach Downtown, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thanks for taking some time off to leave us a review. We apologize for any inconvenience which caused you any trouble. Its a thumb rule if you need any room accessories, you are supposed to see front desk for the assistance. Moreover. talking about pet, the whole point of charging in cash is, it would be tax free for the guest and guest would be ending up paying less tax. Thank you again for your understanding and we look forward to provide you satisfactory services.

Travelers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

My hubby arrived early from a long nights drive from North Alabama. Desk Clerk, Courtney was extremely courteous. She went to the extra effort to get him into a room as soon as possible. We really appreciate the extra care she takes to make sure customers have a pleasant experience. Thank you Courtney!!!
Highly recommend Days Inn, Daytona Beach.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel stay was far better than my previous night's experience. The hotel staff was a little overwhelmed with a computer problem, but after a little wait, I was taken care of effectively and with a smile. The room smelled fresh when I first walked in, not something you take for granted in FL, and the bathroom was in good repair; tiled floor, new shower curtain, clean toilet, none of that "caulk up the broken pieces" repair work I've otherwise experienced. The Wifi was decent, the bed soft, the AC powerful, and overall I was very comfortable. It was a pleasant experience for a very low price.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Nashville, TN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I booked 7 nights at this hotel by talking to a Hotels.com rep on the phone. The description of the room online made it sound like each room had a washer & dryer in it, which was not the case. The rep also told me that the rooms had security safes, which was incorrect. The misleading information aside, the accommodations were totally what you can expect for a 2-star hotel. The room was small but very clean, and there was a big, brand new, flat-screen TV. However, the toilet seat desperately needed to be replaced (it was scratched up and really old… but clean!), and the beds were a little hard for my taste. I did not swim in the pool (no time) or try the breakfast (late sleeper).

FYI, this area of Daytona Beach is pretty sketchy. There were often people wandering around outside and staring at me like a piece of meat any time I left my room. I didn't feel safe there. Plus, there aren't any restaurants, grocery stores or even a 7-11 nearby… you have to drive a few minutes in either direction to find anything.

The other major complaint I had was that the maid service was rude. I am a late sleeper, so I usually put the "do not disturb" sign on my door, then ask housekeeping for anything I need later in the day. Every time I asked for extra towels or coffee packets, the maids got mad at me! A couple times, I couldn't even find a maid, so I helped myself to supplies from their cart, which just sat out on the sidewalk all day. The kicker was when it came time to leave. I had asked for a late check out, and the front desk agreed to give me an extra hour. At three minutes till, one of the maids literally POUNDED on my door and told me it was check-out time! I told her it was three minutes till and that I was almost ready to go… and she actually argued with me over what time it was! Unbelievable.

Everybody I spoke to at the front desk was nice (although the lobby STUNK like curry and body odor). The owner even walked a FedEx package I had received to my room himself. But I just did not enjoy my stay. For the area of town it was in (scary!) and condition of the hotel (older and small), it was overpriced. And the location wasn't convenient at all. I won't stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor and it was nice to be able to park right in front of the door.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Bhupi P, General Manager at Days Inn Daytona Beach Downtown, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for leaving us your response. We are sorry for any inconvenience which caused you. We would like to remind you that the hotel is located on downtown so by saying that everything is located so near by like within a mile distance or so, however would not be walking.
The website of the hotel is not misleading at all. Its clearly mentioned that " we offer the laundry facilities" which does not mean at all that its available is each room. We apologize that it misguided you for any reason. Moreover, the area where we located is pretty safe but again we are sorry for anything which didn't make you feel comfortable. We look forward to provide you our best services in future and to meet our goal of providing great services at competitive price.

Thank You!