“Very good room, horrible service”

Days Inn Daytona Beach Downtown
Ranked #48 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is clearly a much older hotel that has been remodeled and for what I consider a lower end chain, a pretty good remodel. Upon calling, if it wasn't for the fact that this location was the most important factor in choosing this hotel, I would not have stayed here. The language barrier was significant. Check-in was crazy as there was noise coming from a back room. There was a man talking to someone at the front desk, but suddenly another woman ran in saying, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" and kept repeating that while then taking over the desk to answer this mans question and the other woman running out. Once you get past the ridiculous customer service, the room was pretty good and clean. The bed was good, pillows comfortable, and the room was clean. The 'breakfast' was another issue that was not so good, and minimum pastries, cereal, coffee, and couple of juices. Not hot items, no waffles, etc. We ended up eating at a breakfast restaurant rather than eat here, so that additional cost was disappointing. Because the room was good, I would consider staying here again, but I think I would try to stay at my preferred hotel chain rather than here because of the customer service issues.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yourswflnotary
Bhupi P, General Manager at Days Inn Daytona Beach Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

we consider ourselves a part of a very good hotel chain, and have remodeled our rooms frequently. weare centrally located in the downtown daytona beach area. The manager's family live on property. You were checking in during shift change and that can get a little busy. I am sorry you had to experience that. As for breakfast, again we offer a "Light continental breakfast."
we do not offer hot food for breakfast.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great Value for the Money near all the main attractions
very convienient location..

Clean Rooms ...would definitely stay again

The only thing is its not pet friendly...I had to check out after first night because I had my Chihuahua with me...was very inconvient.....but I managed ..Other than this, it was an okay stay..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bhupi P, Manager at Days Inn Daytona Beach Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our property, however, I was sorry that you left after one night because of your pet. Our pet policy is $10 per day per pet and the pet has to be under 10 pounds.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

1. The AC was off and door wide open upon check in.
a. Flies swarming inside the room
b. Temperature exceeding 90F
2. The room smelled like VOMIT upon first check in.
3. The unit phone was NOT operational
4. Request for additional bath set was denied.
a. ONE bath set was delivered with further complaints! (2 occupants) for a total of 3 bath sets and our habit is/was two showers a day. Are towels that short in supply??
5. Breakfast was not open at 6am, the posted opening time. Opened approximately 8:30a 6. Wifi Unit's 3 & 6 are malfunctioning hardware and need replaced. Internet was only available for several hours on the day of check in 7. Hotel manager/owner retaliated against me for my complaint. "You will not get free! ... Nothing is free!!" is what I quote him as saying.
a. Manager/Owner took offense that I asked him to slow down because of his English grammar was hard to understand. English sounded like a 2nd language to him and/or dialect.
b. Manager had seen I had relocated the refrigerator when towels were delivered and said nothing until I came to the office to check my wifi on two devices and he read complaint 8. I was unaware of the HIGH crime rate in that area of Daytona being that I live some 30 miles away.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1  Thank DENVER P
Bhupi P, Manager at Days Inn Daytona Beach Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

we apologize for any inconvience you incountered during your stay. as you know your phone was fixed while you were here, and we have fixed the wi fi problem. again we apologize for the inconvience.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Great location...very good price. Staff was accommodating and very friendly. Hotel was neat and clean and kept clean. Only thing missing was continental type breakfast. Highly recommend! Pool was clean and taken care of, great access to beach.

• Stayed: September 2012
Bhupi P, General Manager at Days Inn Daytona Beach Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for telling others about your recent stay. It makes the staff happy when all their hard work is appreciated. We offer a "Light continental breakfast" and i apologize for the misunderstanding.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We had stayed at this hotel several times before and just recently attempting to try it again has soured us immensly! While the hotel had problems with its previous owners., the new management seems to have done nothing to correct any problems. One big issue was getting internet in the rooms. Told we could "probably" get it, when we didn't, the desk clerk offered another room saying we "probably could get it there." I'm not wasting my time checking room after room to get internet. This had been an on-going problem for a long time anyhow. Next, the condition of the rooms is definitly deteriorating quickly. Very heavy smell of bleach in the rooms, rugs were dirty and patched, furniture in sad condition and bed linens less than desirable with just a quick look. The topper is the clientele is extremely questionable - this place is giving all the vibrations of being a crack hotel. There used to be a small convenience store in front but it is out of business as well at the Ihop restaurant is gone now. Not worth stopping at this one!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel! Pitch a tent somewhere before staying at this dump!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Bhupi P, Manager at Days Inn Daytona Beach Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

This is Days inn on south Ridgewood Avenue.According to the Guest review we just found out that Guest is talking about another hotel which is very close to Ihop and convinience store,Days inn International speedway.We do not have any convinience store infront of the hotel and Ihop is about may be 5 to 6 miles from the Hotel.Management requested to remove or Dispute Guest review.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Our family of 5 spent the night in this hotel the night before going to Disney World. The room was decent and they had cereal for the kids the next morning so that we didn't have to make a breakfast run. For the price & location, it's great for a one night quick stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The rooms were old and dank smelling. There were no room amenities, just basic sleeping accommodations. There is a huge walk-in closet, but it smelled horrible and had several HUGE spiders in the corners. The key card system was down my entire stay so it was inconvenient getting in and out of room. The pluses: pool was great, breakfast awesome and the staff really friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Do not request the rollaway bed - just get a bigger room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family